The scoop on 'McFayden Seeds'

McFayden Seeds

30 - 9th Street
Brandon, Manitoba R7A 6E1 (Canada)

Phone: 1-800-205-7111

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company is affiliated with 1 company:This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive gardenboy1985
Stratford
Canada
February 13, 2010
I have ordered from this company periodically for the past 7 years. I have always been pleased with their seeds and bulbs. my order this year was shipped very fast and i even received 2 free packets of seeds. They have a very nice catalogue as well.
Positive hmacdona
Calgary, AB (Zone 3a)
November 22, 2008
I have ordered from this company on a few occasions. I've had great service, their prices are reasonable and the seed quantities are generous. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive crazy_gardener
Wainwright, AB (Zone 2b)
September 15, 2007
Iíve been ordering from this mail-order for a few years now. They always have something different each year to try in their seed selection. Iíve never order live plants but Iím very pleased with their bulbs and other root plants.

I was extra pleased that they granted me a refund for a Dahlia that was mislabeled with no hassle.
Excellent customer service!
On November 15th, 2007, crazy_gardener changed the rating from positive to neutral and added the following:

At the time I wrote my original comment above I was very pleased because they had told me that they will grant me a refund for the the mislabeled Dahlia. Well here it is November 15/07 and still no cheque in the mail. After several emails and a phone call today they said the cheque was sent in the mail yesterday.
On November 28th, 2007, crazy_gardener changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Very late but they finally did send a refund cheque. They're back in my good books for now. ;)
Positive drzabiscowicz
Apache Junction, AZ
August 20, 2006
While living in North Dakota, in the early 90's I ordered from their Minot plant. Since moving to Arizona, I still like their plants, and seeds.

Even though the climates are completely different, the short season products work extremely well, only now I can use them twice a year.
Positive Wendy
(Zone 9a)
June 5, 2005
Just recently received my first order from this company, I was impressed with their fast & reasonable priced shipping (ordered online May 23-received parcel May 30th). The plants were healthy & were packaged well. I would not hesitate in ordering from them again.
Positive OldFlowerGirl
Castlegar, BC (Zone 6b)
August 30, 2004
I have ordered from McFaydens for 3 growing seasons now and am very happy with their products; enjoying excellent results from everything that I have ever received from them. Their products are well packaged and shipped in a timely manner. I look forward to receiving their colorful and informative catalogs.
Positive mackgirl
May 21, 2003
I've ordered bulbs, and bareroot/potted plants from this company (2002 & 2003), and am very satisfied with their products thus far. Also, their customer service was great, and their online ordering process was simple. I will continue to order with these folks!
Positive gloriajcameron
January 20, 2003
I have ordered seeds and live plants from McFayden Seeds for several years. Always good quality and great service. Gloria Cameron
Positive retakaras
January 1, 2002
McFayden Seeds Co. Ltd. has an internet site and it's a very nice colorful site and easy to get around in and order from. I have ordered from them and have never had any problems with them. They also state under each plant the zone it's hardy in which is not found in a lot of sites or catalogues. I'd recommend this company to any one in Canada.