The scoop on 'Frostproof Growers'

Frostproof Growers

512 North Scenic Highway
Frostproof, Florida 33843 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-635-3621

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive paani
Saint Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
November 17, 2012
They do have a website. The URL is http://www.frostproof.com/

I have purchased from them a few times - best prices on Felco and very reasonable on anything you need in bulk (e.g. for seed propagation, frost cloth etc. ). My first choice for any gardening tool if buying online.
Negative Yellowston3
Tulsa, OK
August 6, 2010
I recently purchased a Silky Pole saw from Frostproof which was defective. I discovered the defect about 45 days after purchase and immediately called Frostproof. Their customer support said they would not exchange or refund. Instead they emailed a "warrenty" form to me that had a New York address of an importer who had a California phone number. The California dude said I should send my 8 foot pool saw, at my expense to New York importer and they may refund if they think they should. I suggest highly that ALL online buyers avoid Frostproof because, should something be amiss with the order , you will be Frostbitten.
Positive mom31
Harvest, AL
March 2, 2007
This company had great prices on Felco Pruners. I ordered form them, and shipping was very quick. Right around 3 days. Give them a look when you are purchasing new tools.
Positive pappu
Charleston, IL
March 9, 2006
After much online research, I found out that this is the cheapest source for felco pruners. Very quick confirmation email and in 3 days, I had my pruners. Will definitely buy from again!
Positive alicewho
North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a)
October 6, 2005
Frostproof Growers has proven itself as one of the best. Great prices, quick service and delivery . I purchased Felco pruners from them that were cheaper then the other online retailers and reasonable shipping charges is always a huge plus with me!
Positive Greenhornet
West New York, NJ (Zone 6b)
April 27, 2005
I ordered a Felco pruner from them,it was priced right and it came promptly. Another nice touch was a follow up email from the owner. I will definitely do buisness again with Froostprrof.
Positive capwest28
Pearland, TX (Zone 9a)
February 22, 2005
I ordered from them because the prices were good on the Felco pruners I wanted, and they have parts for them. The selection is huge and the other products they offer are very diverse. I received my order quickly and then received an email from the owner to see if I was satisfied with my purchase. I will order again because they have great selection and they care about their customers.
Positive LooneyLinda
Mantua, UT (Zone 4b)
August 2, 2004
This is a great company. I ordered 2 pruners and a trowel from them on July 25. They arrived August 2 by UPS which was the least expensive shipping. Best of all, their prices were the very best. I ordered a Felco Pruner #6 for 27.50. Two of the other top 20 Gardenwatchdog companies sold them for 36.50 and 48.95. I
also ordered a 25" Lopper for 55.20. Another company sold it for 64.50. The trowel was a very narrow one that I have been unable to find locally or on the internet. I highly recommend this company.
Positive bevideo
July 15, 2004
I ordered a pair of Felco pruners, and they arrived just as expected--in good shape and on time. I'd order from them again, especially since they had the cheapest prices I could find!
Positive plantswoman
Nashville, TN
July 12, 2004
I have had several great shopping experiences with Frostproof--they are prompt, professional, and above all, nice to deal with. Highly recommended--plus the prices are great!
Positive dpoire
July 6, 2004
I recently purchased a Felco pruner from frostproof.com. I got a great price and received it promptly. I will definitely purchase again from this vendor in the future.
Positive mlo48060
July 5, 2004
I ordered 2 Felco Pruners. Got a great price. Items arrived quickly & as advertised. Excellent service.
Positive Tom797
July 2, 2004
James- Frostproof,

Thanks for the great service and products. I'm very happy with my orders. My things arrived quickly, were well packed and pricing/shipping was great. When I have some time to get back into my other hobby, I'll need to order some personal safety equipment from you...

Thanks again and best regards,
tom
Neutral stevedahl
June 28, 2004
The web site was easy to use and I was able to get to the page with the parts that I needed for my felco pruners. I found that the pictures were very helpful in helping me to get exactly what I wanted.

My problem with checking the neutral box was in regards to the shipping cost. Since my items were very small and not fragile I thought the shipping charge was very high. I almost didn't place my order since the shipping was nearly the same cost as the parts. However, I decided that my time was more valuable than trying to find a store that sold the parts and thought it would be easier to just sit at my computer and shop. I was very happy to get my small package within a few days of placing my order and it was just fine. I know shipping is part of the process but it did seem like the minimum was a lot.
Positive RDMIller
June 28, 2004
I was in need of a fruit picker that would accomodate citrus,apples and pomegranates. I was only familiar with the wire variety. I was pleased with the web site info and the order couldn't have been easier. I was surprized with speed of delivery.
Positive grdnr3
June 14, 2004
I have purchased from this company twice now and both times have been delighted with their customer service and products. The first time I purchased a pair of Felco pruners, and I found they were too big for my hand. I had no problems returning them, and getting a smaller size. I also bought a Felco prunning saw at this time. Both items have seen a great deal of use, and are still good as new. Most recently I purchased an additional pair of Felcos, a sharpening stone, two pruner shields, and a pair of (Barnell?) floral snips. All have been first rate, quality products, and were shipped to me at the speed of light. Seriously, from Florida to MO, in a day or two, three tops. I think Frostproof is a great Company, and I look forward to doing business with them in the future. Also, did I mention that I am a savvy shopper, and that their prices are quite competitive. I've yet to find lower. They are quick to respond to emails too. grdnr3
Negative Rlt
June 10, 2004
I almost had a positive experience with Frostproof. I should have known something was up when I called several times to talk with someone named Jacob who was in charge of orders. He was never in the office to talk to and never returned my calls. The secratary basically said "he comes in when he feels like it".
At any rate my check was cashed and I recieved a basic Juliana greenhouse which was shipped from minnesota . I ordered tables and a shelf and a univent, which was an automatic vent opener. Total was over 1300 hundred dollars.
When I installed the univent I did not like the way it opened the vent and the way it twisted the framing on the greenhouse.
I called frostproof, and Jacob was not in, surprise!
The secratary said the return would be no problem, send it back with the name order number and a note saying why I was dissatisfied with the vent opener.
I did this and sent it back U.S. mail.
After hearing nothing for a month I emailed and found that they said they did not get the vent opener back.
They told me that if I could prove I sent it, and prove they recieved it, they would consider sending it back to the manufacturer.
I was not told to send it certified, so I have no proof.
The vent opener was about fifty bucks.
I am an honest hard working man who does not lie.
So if you ever want to send anything back to these people, please take precautions and make sure you can prove to these lovely people you sent your item.
Personaly I would never buy from them again, or the first time if I had it to do over.
Positive awmathes
June 3, 2004
Very happy with delivery time and product quality, I perched a pith helmet for my dadís birth day, he recently stated wearing hearing aides and I was looking for a hat that would look good and protect the hearing aides from rain. It does the job and heís happy with the product.
Positive Lgrower
June 2, 2004
I ordered a pair of Fiskars pruners for a friend after searching locally, then on the web. Frostproof had the best price, they arrived in 2 days, and my friend is delighted with them. I will certainly order from them again.
Positive jodis
June 2, 2004
I ordered a pair of pruners, Felco #2. After conducting an extensive search on the internet and in local garden supply stores, I found FrostProof's prices to be the best. Their website is easy to navigate and the information presented is helpful, clear and concise. My pruners arrived at my home in So. California after 5 days from the order date. The pruners were packed well and in great condition.

I will absolutely order from FoolProof again and have already recommended them to a friend.

Positive pniebrugge
Decatur, IL
June 2, 2004
I placed an order for some PVC aprons. I subsequently received an email stating that they were out of stock and did not expect to get them in stock until 4 to 6 weeks and gave me an option to cancel the order. I opted not to cancel, I did receive them within their quoted time frame. They are a good product and for a good price. I use them in my shape glass and mirror beveling operation and they are excellent. I appreciate the good product and the honest and relable information provided.
Positive undoctor
May 26, 2004
Great price and fast service for the effective Deer Off deer repellant. I recommended Frostproof Growers to family members who also have a deer problem.
Positive drop
Dublin, OH (Zone 5a)
May 26, 2004
Ordered and received a Felco # 6 pruner from Frostproof. Online ordering was fast and easy. Shipment came really fast. And you can't beat the price. It was $15-25 cheaper than other retail store, online or catalog. Will definitely order from Frostproof again.

Love my pruner.
Positive vlcarter
May 25, 2004
Good prices. Good service. Will order from them again.
Positive jcbethune
May 19, 2004
Excellent service and pricing. I appreciate the followup. Gets my vote for a top ten website and company.
Positive giniag
Beach City, TX (Zone 9b)
May 19, 2004
Found Frostproof by searching for Fiskar microtip pruners. Price was great and they arrived sooner than expected. Will definitely shop here again.
Positive fwilson12
May 18, 2004
simple transaction, executed without flaws
Positive cstricklen
May 15, 2004
Just received my Felco #6 pruners that I bought as a gift for a friend. Same great, low price as always, quick shipping and friendly service. I also bought these pruners for my wife and have bought two pairs of #9s for me, all from Frostproof. I am always pleased when I buy from them, and I haven't found anyplace that can match the price for these quality tools.
Positive darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States (Zone 5b)
May 10, 2004
They had the best online price for my replacement pair of Felco Pruners (having lost my first pair). Service was fast, and product arrived well packaged. Would definitely do business with them again!
Positive lkrlkr
Santa Fe County, NM (Zone 5a)
May 5, 2004
I have ordered from this company twice now, both times very happily. They have excellent prices, particularly on Felco, superior merchandise and a wide choice of equipment. They communicate with the customer extremely well and things arrive promptly. I love my Dramm spray heads --- cut my hose watering time in half!
Positive GrandPoohPa
May 3, 2004
This was my first time doing business with Frostproof Growers. It is a wonderful company. It had the best price for a Brill Luxus 33 mower, gave me a gurantee, and shipped for free. I received the mower in a timely manner and in superb condition. I recommend everyone do business with this company. I will definitely be a return customer.
Positive dphmd
May 3, 2004
I was very pleased with my order for felco pruner and parts. the parts selection is wider than I found elsewhere. The price was very good. Shipment was fast. Everything about the shopping experience was positive, one of the best compainies on the internet with which I have dealt. Thanks. David
Positive 1950harriet
Westwood, NJ
April 28, 2004
I purchased a Felco #6 pruner from Frostproof because they had the cheapest price I could find anywhere. It arrived sooner than expected and was in excellent condition. I was especially impressed with the fact that they followed up by email to make sure I was satisfied with the product. I will definitely buy from them again and tell all my gardening friends.

Irene
Positive beckieboo
April 26, 2004
I ordered Shake A Way for a serious skunk problem. Frostproof had the best price and delivery was quick. I was surprised and pleased with their follow up after delivery to make sure I was satisfied. I would definitely order from Frostproof again. Thank you for helping me make my smelly yard guest go away!
Positive chipdurham
April 26, 2004
I ordered a Felco #2, sheath, and sharpening stone based on the price and the reviews of this company. I was very pleased with the speed of delivery and the condition of the products. I see from other reviews that they sell replacement parts so I will shop with them again when I wear the Felco's down. I reccomend Frostproof.
Positive konacoffee
April 25, 2004
We ordered replacement blades for our Felcos and Frost proof was efficient and the price was great! We bought our original Felcos from Frostproof and went back for their good service when we needed new blades. Yes they are terrific and seem so earnest too!

aloha
Bob
Positive rbittman
April 21, 2004
I ordered some Felco #2 pruners from Frostproof after searching the internet for the best price. The pruners arrived much sooner than expected and in perfect condition. The pruners themselves are all they have been rated to be; very nice! I would definitely order from Frostproof again.
Positive dcrown
April 20, 2004
Orderding was simple and straight forward. The item arrived earlier than expected. Billing was handled accurately and without problems.

I would not hesitate to order from Frostproof again.
Positive wgielz
April 19, 2004
The site was easy to use and easy to find what I was looking for. Delivery was very prompt. I will definately use the site again.
Positive Azorina
(Linda)Gig Harbor, WA (Zone 8a)
April 12, 2004
Your website is easy to use with a timely delivery of my order. I will use this site again........Thankyou