The scoop on 'Lingle's Herbs'

Lingle's Herbs

2055 N. Lomina Ave
Long Beach, California 90815 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-708-0633
Paper Catalog Cost: $3

Comments:

Negative jfrey
Pflugerville, TX
May 12, 2007
I placed my order in February, but I did know I'd be waiting for the spring herbs to become available. At the end of March, I e-mailed to find out an estimated time of delivery. I was contacted by phone and was told they would be shipped in April. When April passed, I called and was told they would be shipped in just a few days. This makes me wonder if I had been forgotten, since they were ready when I phoned. I was very surprised I didn't receive a shipping confirmation. All customers that have to wait for their order should have the opportunity to let them know if it's not a convenient time. I received my order yesterday. One plant only had half it's dirt, and three of the labels were off. Since Lingle's has very few photos, I had to search other websites to identify them. Next time, I think I'll try Pantry Garden Herbs. All of their plants are $3.00. Including shipping, I would have saved at least $20.00 on 12 plants.
Negative gwelch
April 4, 2007
I was very disappointed and frustrated with this company. They have a very nice web page, from which I selected about $160 worth of herbs in mid May of 2006. My order did not arrive, and so I called to see what happened. I was informed by Dave that he had no record of my order, so I figured that perhaps I had failed to submit my internet order, and that was the end of the matter. Then, two months after I thought I had placed the order, it arrived, in late July, while I was away on vacation for two weeks. By the time I got home, the order was nearly a complete loss, and most of the plants were dead.
I tried numerous times and ways to contact Dave regarding this experience--calls, emails, and faxes. I got one call back on my voice mail, stating that he would like to speak with me. No other communication, until I sent him a letter by post stating that I would make a negative posting to this website if I did not hear back from him about my complaint and suggested compensation. I thought it would be fair if he would replace or give me credit for the plants I could not salvage. That is what other companies offer.
I then did get a letter from Dave. I was disappointed. He suggested that he could not take responsibility for arrival of my order while I was away on vacation, even though it was six weeks late, and was sent out after he told me he had no such order on record, and even though no one sends out seedlings or juvenile plants for planting in the intense summer heat of central Illinois. A national company should know better. After finding my order, why did he not at least call and ask me if I still wanted it?
He suggested that he could give me a 20% discount towards my next purchase.
I will not be making another puchase from Lingle's Herbs.

Positive AliciaDeNood
Hacienda Heights, CA
March 3, 2007
I registered in order to describe my very positive experience with Lingle's herbs. I visited, unannounced, spring 2006, and met a fellow deeply entrenched with his herbs. We purchased about 15 herbs and nearly a year later all but two are thriving. (The failures inadvertently went unwatered during a two month absence of mine.) Originally the herbs were tiny, but they quickly exploded in size, and he certainly is knowledgeable. Buy the catalog just for the joy, although it is also useful.
Neutral Katlian
Carson City, NV (Zone 6b)
February 1, 2006
My plants arrived quickly and intact, though rather small. They have lots of unusual herbs and were helpful in suggesting herbs for my needs. Herbs came with a catalog and growing guide. They can be difficult to contact by phone in the spring when planting season starts but they will call back if you leave a message.
Negative jade99
June 25, 2003
The 3 day delivery was not received for 9 days.

The very dry soil was in the box not the pots.

The id tags were loose in the box not in pots.

Out of stock item not noted on site.

Plants were not up to par.

No response to my e-mail stating the above.