The scoop on 'Muncy's Rose Emporium'

Muncy's Rose Emporium

2401 Highway 188 N
Cairo, Georgia 31728 (United States)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and plants.

Comments:

Positive georgiagarden3
Arlington, GA (Zone 8a)
January 3, 2006
Muncy`s has closed due to the passing of Mr.kenny
He will be greatly missed.
Neutral rosesareredmylv
Dingmans Ferry, PA
June 6, 2005
Well ordered 3 roses 2 came one was sold out both roses arrived very tired looking and extremely small and with blackspot,compared to the other own root roses I have purchased this year they didn't look so hot, but what the heck I couldn't find these roses anywhere but muncy's so I babied them as much as I could and they both turned yellow covered w/blkspot and died. I have many many roses that I purchased this year that are thriving and look wonderful.I will wait and see if they replace them or refund my money.....but for now its a neutral.
Positive yewman
Gainesville, FL
July 5, 2004
I went to online because the local nursery's Mr. Lincoln looked anemic and I wanted one grafted on Fortuniana here in Florida. Spoke to Mr. Muncy. He is very knowledgeable. Rose arrived on time, beautifully packed and is thriving.
Neutral msanjelpie
Meridian, ID
June 17, 2004
order #1 - 5/27/03 - ordered Rhizopon #3 hormone - quick shipping, Good experience

Order #2 - 9/16/03 - ordered rose The Prince - they called to inform me that the one I had ordered was out of stock, however they could send me a new baby rooted cutting for less... I said sure... It came full of blackspot, and I made the mistake of planting it instead of babying it in a pot over the winter. Plant died during the winter. For the cost including shipping (23.95) I was not a happy camper...
Positive abrowe
April 29, 2004
I ordered two roses from this company. I got an email confirming the order and stating that my roses would ship on April 26. I actually received the plants on April 26, and they were well packaged and very healthy. I'll definitely shop with Muncy's again.
Positive Tabassam
Beaufort, SC
April 21, 2004
Except for my perceived long wait, I received the roses strongly well-packed, healthy, buds, a bloom, no disease. The only thing I wish they would do is inform the buyer via e-mail the precise date the plants would be shipped. I always have anxiety when we go out of town--which we do frequently.
Positive angelsmama
February 9, 2003
This has been the best mail order rose experience I have had to date. Ken Muncy even called to make sure I had made the best decision on roses for the project I was attempting because of his call, I changed the roses I had planned on using. The roses I received were large and healthy and I would not hesitate to use them again.
Positive mikentx
December 28, 2002
I ordered nine own-root Austins in gallon containers. I received my order Thursday, December 19, 2002. The roses were a good size for own-roots and most had several canes. The two Molineux were particularly nice and arrived with large perfect blooms. They've all been planted and they all show new growth. The owner was very pleasant on the phone and offered to go to great lengths to help me obtain another rose I was having difficulty finding. I pity the person who had to pack this order. Each rose was in it's own separate cardboard "sleeve" and then all the sleeves were taped together to form a large box. The poor guy probably burned through $5.00 worth of packing tape on my order. It was an excellent deal as shipping is included in the price of the roses, which is comparable to other vendors who DO charge extra for shipping. I'd recommend them to anyone looking for own root Austins. If you prefer the instant gratification of grafted, they use fortuniana rootstock, which has that wonderful massive feeder root system. They also guarantee virus-free.
Positive keeneking
Keene, NH
October 3, 2002
Awesome selection of Austin English roses - own root or grafted. Affordable prices. Ken Muncy is knowledgeable and responsive. He responsed to my e-mails quickly. Please note that they are only open Thursday thru Sunday. Throughly impressed with the roses and the service.
On April 19th, 2003, keeneking added the following:

I just received another order from Muncy's. Two of three roses arrived with blooms on them and the size of plants was impressive for 1 gallon own roots. Ken Muncy never ceases to amaze me. This is my first choice for own-root Austins. Awesome experience!
On October 6th, 2004, keeneking added the following:

October 6, 2004

I placed another order off their website 2 weeks ago. After a week, without hearing anything regarding shipping. I sent an e-mailing asking Ken to confirm that he received my order. Then I called and left a message. I haven't heard a peep out of anyone. What's up? The website says they have moved to GA and would resume shipping orders in August 2004. I have had great experiences in the past, but I'm a little annoyed that no one has gotten back to me yet.
Ken please e-mail me: ccharles@sau29.org