The scoop on 'Sage Garden Herbs'

Sage Garden Herbs

Winnipeg, Manitoba R2N 4E2
(Canada)

Paper Catalog Cost: $3 (refundable)

» Like them on Facebook
This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive ken45
Kaslo
Canada
October 29, 2011
I have always had a very good experience in dealing with Dave and the staff of Sage garden herbs. I have only gotten live plants from them but the plants are in the best shape that I could imagine after the long trip. I certainly hope to do more trade with them.
Positive DirtGently
Montreal, QC (Zone 5a)
November 29, 2010
Posted on November 22, 2010, updated November 29, 2010
I had a mixed experience with Sage Garden Herbs when I placed two orders with them to take advantage of their end-of-season half price seed sale.

Oddly enough, their shopping cart doesn't factor in shipping. You are told this in your order confirmation email. Before I made my first order, I emailed SGH to inquire about how much it was, and they replied promptly with the information.

I then made my first order, which arrived complete and in one calendar week, with credit card receipt enclosed. Seeds were enclosed in a small glassine packet, which was further enclosed along with clear germination and cultural information card inside a plastic sleeve.

I made a second order some weeks later. Two weeks after I placed my order, there was no sign of the it. My credit card had been charged for the full amount of the order on the first business day following my order. I emailed SGH, and they replied the a couple of business days later citing the end-of-season rush as the reason for the delay in shipping my order and promising bonus packs. My order finally arrived today, 3 weeks after the initial order with bonus packs galore, essentially doubling my order. Most of the seeds were packaged as above, but a few lacked the germination / cultural information card. There was no credit card receipt enclosed.

This was the first time I've done business with SGH. Overall, nothing went horribly wrong in my experience so far with them, but it certainly could've been better.
On November 29th, 2010, DirtGently changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

In addition to his comment, Dave from SGH has emailed me about my review and will be sending me the missing items. Clearly, happy customers are a priority at Sage Garden Herbs. Thumbs up!
Company representative comment on November 23, 2010:
On Nov 23, 2010 8:14 AM, Sage Garden Herbs responded with:

Hi "DirtGently" - Thank you very much for the feedback, it certainly helps us improve.

We are working hard to integrate the shipping cost directly into the web store invoice. I hope to have this sorted out with Canada Post and our web host by the New Year.

We wish you all the best with your seed starting.

Thanks again for your orders.

Dave, Sage Garden Herbs

Positive Iviere
Surrey, BC (Zone 7a)
October 6, 2009
Ordered a good selection of plants and some seeds from the Sage Garden Herbs.
Dave was very friendly and helpful throughout the communication process.
Decent prices for good plants. They arrived safely to me in Ontario.
I am very happy to have discovered this company that offers some interesting and rare selections that I have not been able to find
elsewhere such as the black mondo grass and sweet olive.
Will be on the watch too for next year as some of the plants I am interested in were out of stock already this time.
Positive MBladyslipper
Winnipeg
Canada
May 31, 2006
Good and interesting selection of plants, often hard to find. Especially Manitoba native wild plants and unusual herbs.

Friendly helpful staff, decent prices.

Beautiful setting. You can check out alot of the plants they carry, planted in their gardens.

A must for an annual spring trek for plants.