The scoop on 'Ponds & Gardens of Limekiln'

Ponds & Gardens of Limekiln

200 Limekiln Pike
Glenside, Pennsylvania 19038 (United States)

Visit Ponds & Gardens of Limekiln at:

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Negative eldiablo
Philadelphia, PA
March 7, 2009
Adding to some of the other negative compliments I have read in the past...I can only say that I am finished with this company. Not only do they treat their customers (god forbid you walk in as a newbie without an obviously fat wallet) as though they are beneath them, but their employees suffer as well. When visiting their so-called "showcase gardens" at the rear of their property be sure to pack climbing gear and a hard hat. I don't know how L&I hasn't shut this place down. I went to use the restroom and was greeted with an open electrical panel hovering over a toilet. I can't purchase products from a company that doesn't care about how they present themselves to regular people (including employees who are constantly berated in front of customers) in this day and age. They should probably change their business model to actually improve their workplace and hire professionals with customer service skills rather than devote their entire budget to a flower show display that gets more and more bland with each passing year.
Negative Lews55
Willow Grove, PA
August 21, 2006
Iv'e been three times, trying to be fair, but,
I cannot understand how this place stays open, you'll break your neck going up and down makeshift stairs that are only boards laid loosely across cinder blocks...
The plants are sub standard, the fish not properly cared for.
My biggest problem though, was the owners Wife who seems to run " everything out back ".
If she ever smiled, her face would crack and fall off, everything you ask, she poo-poo's you, " you don't know what your'e doing" you got to chase her all around while she mumbles and brow beats you about how little knowledge you have.
O.K., That's why I'm here, to learn and enjoy.
That Nasty, arrogent women has turned me off totally about Water Gardneing.
Positive jchrdir
Philadelphia, PA
July 20, 2006
I heard about whiskey barrel ponds and went to "Ponds of Limekiln" for help. The owner's were very knowledgeable. His wife (i think) spent so much time with me. She made suggestions, tried to save me money, gave me advice. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I love the atmosphere of Ponds of Limekiln and have referred a few others there because they saw my (little) pond and liked it.
Regardless of the size pond you want, Ponds of Limekiln has the knowledge and expertise to get you started. They are the best!
Positive JohnMcClain
June 16, 2004
We have installed four ponds in the Mainline area. I have visited and shopped many garden and pond retailers, none quite like this one. It's amazing. The experience and expertise of the owners are worth the trip. The selection of home grown plants (pond and perennials), the pond life as well as the pond supplies are remarkable. The small store front is deceptive. The shop extends up behind in a maze of green houses and numerous pond areas. I was happy to have been referred to this place and encourage any water gardener, novice or diehard to visit. John/ Gladwyne Pa
Negative 9137
Kibbutz Hazorea
Israel (Zone 10b)
January 19, 2004
We sold this company water lilies early in 2003 - making a special effort to help them get their exhibit ready for the Philadelphia flower show. Unfortunately, and in spite of repeated reminders and requests, and although almost a year has passed since we supplied them, they do not seem to feel they should pay their debts! Suppliers Beware!