The scoop on 'Beneficial Insect Co.'

Beneficial Insect Co.

Glendale Springs, North Carolina 28629 (United States)

Phone: (336) 973 - 8490

Comments:

Positive cstuart73
Owensboro, KY
July 27, 2012
After a very mild winter, and having outdoor-only dogs on neighboring fences, for the first time in years I have a flea problem. I started doing some research and decided I wanted to use Beneficial Nematodes to treat the yard.

I emailed Caroline, and she went above and beyond to help me. She patiently and promptly answered my MANY questions. She even followed up the day the shipment was due for delivery to make sure someone would be home to accept the package since nematodes must be shipped and stored in a cold environment.

In this day and age, it's rare to come across someone like Caroline. Someone who still believes in great customer service and care. I can't recommend her highly enough!
Positive saavikford
May 5, 2012
I noticed an outbreak of green aphids early in the season (mid-March) and wanted to avoid losing my strawberries, and also avoid spraying every 3 days with insecticidal soap. But I was worried that the aphids would get out of control before the beneficials had a chance to wake up and get established. I placed an order through the online form and was called the next business day by Caroline. She walked me through what I really needed (less than I'd originally thought), set up my order and rapidly sent me a box of ladybugs, and a box of lacewing larvae the following week. They totally decimated the aphids, saving my strawberries (which are just starting to turn pink)!

I also asked Caroline about the negative review listed here, which made me anxious about placing my original internet order. She told me that the previous owner, Jim, had been undergoing cancer treatment at the time of that review, and had subsequently passed away, after selling the company to her. So, without knowing the details first hand, I just want to let future readers know that Caroline was immensely helpful to me and prompt in her responses.
Negative skinnyrip
Townsend, DE
August 20, 2009
I cannot get through to anyone on the phone at this company. I left a voice message with my phone number, and sent them an email as well, but no one ever contacted me.
Positive yankeenoodle
Lexington, MA (Zone 6a)
May 14, 2009
I was first impressed with Jim's personal attention. He took time over the phone to make sure that I understood the proper application procedure and invited me to contact him with any further questions. He also made accurate estimates of shipping costs and delivery times. When the package arrived, I was impressed again. I found my order packed well, with a temperature-controlling cooling gel pack placed inside an insulated styrofoam shell nestled inside the box. (Note that I ordered nematodes and do not want to create expectations that all insects--or all shipping destinations--require the same treatment) Jim has won me over as a customer (from Territorial Seed, which shipped slowly and packed poorly by comparison.)
Positive bitworks
Shafer, MN
February 23, 2009
Jim and the folks at The Beneficial Insect Co are always great to work with. We have been getting fly predators from him for years and we need to echo what the other comments say: Jim always calls to make sure you will be home, he asks if anything has changed, wants to know if your satisfied and does and A#1 job at customer service.

Additionally, Jim always works with his customers to help them get what they need, even if its not from him. He won't oversell you either and he will tell you if you are trying to buy too much or too little. Jim is a wealth of information and it is well worth having him in your corner.
Positive glasstoad
Omaha, NE
February 18, 2008
I was surprised to get a call from Jim to walk me through the process of my recently ordered praying mantis. He co-ordinated a delivery time so they wouldn't be delivered while i was at work and the order left setting on the front step in our really cold weather. I'm looking forward to doing more business with Jim and his company. Nice personal touch.
Positive hitoshi
Durham, NC
May 9, 2005
Great first experience with this company. I ordered ladybugs and praying mantis eggs from their website. Before shipping, I had a call from them with a proposed delivery date and asking if that was convenient, i.e. would conditions be right for release. The rep also walked me through the process of releasing the ladybugs. Amazing personal attention for a small order.