The scoop on 'Magic Worm Ranch'

Magic Worm Ranch

5750 Duda Road House
Springs, Missouri 63051 (United States)

This company is affiliated with Trinity Ranch

Comments:

Neutral mwudan
Brooklyn, NY
June 23, 2009
Took more than two weeks from the date of my order for the worms to arrive. I called and emailed several times to get shipping information (so I could know when to expect the delivery), but the company was generally unresponsive.

That said, the worms did eventually arrive--alive and well--and they are still thriving.
Negative mymelendyfarm
February 2, 2009
this company is a total ripoff. I ordered a pound of worms out of my own money for my classroom, and never received them. I emailed, got no reply. I called, and at first got his voicemail, and it said in a very nice voice "I will call you back" of course he never did. Now his voicemail is full, and you can't get hold of him at all. I put this on a credit card, and he definitely confirmed my order and took my money. Two months later, no worms. My students are very disappointed.
Positive rvaneperen
Riverton, UT
May 28, 2008
I recently ordered a worm bin and some worms from magicworms.com. I thought the experience was great. I got my order in a timely manner, was pleased with the quality, and would order again in a heartbeat. The other reviews were from a few years ago. I wonder if things have changed since then, but I would recommend Magic Worms to anyone interested in their products.
Positive maxandtuckertoo
New York, NY
April 22, 2008
My first purchase of composting worms from Magic Worm Ranch was in 2003/2004. At that time, my experience was unsurpassed excellent product, fast delivery, great price and extraordinary customer service. One year ago was unable to keep my indoor composting bins. Last week I decided the time was right to begin again. I ordered my worms last Tuesday and they are due to arrive in 9 days. I even received a phone call because I forgot to send them my email address. Here it is 5 years later and I will not only continue recommending them but will continue to buy from them in the future. Excellent.
On April 26th, 2008, maxandtuckertoo added the following:

I received my European Nightcrawlers in 5 days, not 9 days. They were fat, juicy, lively and ready to rumble. My bin had been set up for week. Rather than dumping the entire bag of worms at one time, I added them by he handful so I could check them out. By the time I got to the end - there were no worms to be found on top of the bedding. They had all took a nose dive into the bedding. I waited about an hour to check and see what was going on. I moved the top half inch of bedding and there they were - the second they saw the light down they went. As far as I am concerned they are very active and I didn't find ONE dead or sluggish worm. I'll leave them alone for a week so they can settle in. After the "settling in period" I will order another pound either for the same bin or a second. This company has been consistently terrific for years. If anyone had a problem finding them or getting in touch with them, they didn't try hard enough. They purchased another company and their address, phone number and email have changed. Not only was I able to find them - having last dealt with them a number of years ago but I spoke to Bob on the phone and via email. I didn't have any problems. Just search "Magic Worm" and there they are. - TD in NYC
Negative annswormtrial
Cleveland, OH
June 30, 2005
0n 6-16-05 I placed an internet order. In an attempt to cancel the order , I found that I could not contact the company by phone. They have not responded to my e-mails. As far as I know, I haven't been charged by the company nor have I recieved the worms, but my credit card number is out there and I have not been able to resolve the issue .
Negative LORI611
Southington, CT
June 15, 2005
I ordered worms for vermicomposting from magicworms.After waiting several weeks, I tried contacting them to check on delivery.(The web site promised delivery within two weeks.)I tried their 800 number listed on the web site -a recording stated that it was not accessable from my area.I also tried e-mailing them on four separate occasions,with no response. Luckily for me I made my payment through Pay-Pal.I filed a complaint through them. They tried contacting Magicworms,and give them ten days to respond,Magicworms did not respond to the complaint so Pay-Pal gave me a full refund.DO NOT USE MAGICWORMS!!!!