The scoop on 'Rux Gardens'

Rux Gardens

P. O. Box 1301
Waynesville, North Carolina 28786 (United States)

Phone: (828) 456-2076

Visit Rux Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive Queala
Newport, MI (Zone 5b)
July 1, 2004
Called and placed my order with Trish. Very helpful and answered my questions. Hostas arrived in great condition. Multiple eyes and nice big root systems. Will order from them again. Thanks Guys.
On July 16th, 2004, Queala added the following:

Heard about this place on the GardenWeb and looked at their site. Called and talked to Trish and she was very helpful. Placed an order and when the hostas arrived I was very happy with the size and health of the plants. Nice big root systems and multiple eyes. I will order from Rux Gardens again. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work. Mike
Positive tineau
April 28, 2004
My friend and I went to Rux Gardens recently. Greg and Trish Rux recently moved their operation from Minnesota to Waynesville, NC where they took over the old Rainbow Gardens Nursery located at 2930 Old Balsam Rd. southwest of town.

Janet and I have been to most commercial nurseries within 100 miles of Knoxville, TN, where we live, and we were just ecstatic to find this new business. They have a large Hosta house with 100's of named varieties arranged alphabetically. These are mostly in gallon pots; a few in quarts. Everything is extremely neat and correctly labeled and priced. We did not see some varieties we were looking for and Greg went to the propagating greenhouse and returned with the plants we were looking for. So ask if you don't see.

They also have a large 'shade plant" house where mostly perennials are sold in quart sizes. Outside on tables are beautifully grown plants including a good selection of heaths and heathers.

Greg and Trish obviously love what they are doing. They are enthusiastic and can talk Hosta with you on any level. They are a real asset to western NC Hosta lovers. Janet and I will definitely return! You're going to love this place! Yes, they do have a website with address, phone, and email listings, and yes, they do mail sales.