The scoop on 'Zebra Gardens'

Zebra Gardens

9130 N 5200 West
Elwood, Utah 84337-8640 (United States)

Phone: 435-257-0736

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive eolivas103
Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a)
September 14, 2014
This is the first year I have ordered from them. Because I am a big fan of broken color, of course I was very excited to get these Irises. They all were good sized and all have taken off very well. The 90 lb Lab smashed Tanzanian Tangerine with his paws which I was not happy about because it was one of the more expensive. Of course I forgave the dog because I am as passionate about Dogs as Iris, but... Zebra had sent a big healthy rhizome and inspite of being smashed, new growth has appeared and the Iris is taking off. In fact everything they sent is doing very well. Also, I was pleased with the bonuses. I highly recommend them.
Positive JenniferRuth
San Diego, CA (Zone 10b)
March 23, 2012
I have been a very, very happy customer of Zebra Gardens in the past. I checked their website today, hoping they might be open again after not operating for the past couple of years. Good news!

Their website says, "Reopening for 2012 but please don't order until update is completed.
27 Feb Update: Progress slow! Target date 3/15/12! ???
Price List done! Send $2 to Zebra Gardens, 9130 N 5200 W, Elwood, UT 84337
to get one. (primarily B/W, but most are irises pictured on this existing web site.)"

I am so glad to welcome them back!
Positive Sandwichkatexan
Copperas Cove, TX
December 6, 2011
I really want to order form them but I do not know if they are still in business , Does anyone know ?
Positive vesperiris
Elizabeth, CO
May 21, 2010
I received this e-mail from Zebra Gardens in April:

"We have decided to closs Zebra Gardens for 2010. We hope to open again in 2011."

Positive sheltonr70
Knoxville, TN
May 3, 2010
Does anyone know if this wonderful company is still in business? Their website is all about 2009, with no mention of anything newer. Would appreciate any news....
Positive jdlucky1
(Zone 5b)
November 6, 2009
We decided to put in a "broken" iris garden and enjoyed the enthusiasm we found on Brad and Katie's website. We thought the flowers were beauthiful so we placed a large order of their "kids". I spoke with both of them on the phone and they were wonderful to talk to. Their flowers were big and healthy. The bonus were awesome! The flowers are all growing well here in Kansas. Can't wait until spring.
Positive Chere
Oakhurst, CA
October 7, 2009
Like everyone else I am very very please with what I received and how I was treated by this company. The rhizomes were huge and I got bonus iris and 15 double of the iris I did order and one dwarf iris they sent 5 of. Fantastic experience.

Chere
Positive Hemhostaholic
Scranton, PA (Zone 5b)
July 29, 2009
I just got done opening my order from Zebra Gardens. HOLY SMOLEY. I ordered 10 of their clearance Iris, they not only sent huge honking things, but an added 1 to make 11 of their clearance Iris. THEN...THEN...drum roll please....THEN the bonuses...HOLY WOWZERS...They sent me 7, yep S-E-V-E-N, bonus Iris. It's not like I ordered all of their '09 introuductions. I ordered 10 of their clearance Iris, and they sent me 7 bonus Iris...from the list I gave them of Iris I would like as a bonus...SEVEN!

I need to go breathe in a paper bag now...lol.

I will definitely be ordering from Zebra Gardens again, and I will definitely be spreading word of their business and generosity as well!

Thank you very much Kasperek's!
Positive frahnzone5
Bensenville, IL (Zone 5a)
July 24, 2009
Just received my iris shipment from Zebra Gardens. This is my first time ordering from this nursery and I am very impressed. They sent large fans, well packed, with a very nice, generous selection of bonus plants. I am very happy with my irises and will definitely order from from this nursery again.
Positive dancingbear27
Elba, NY (Zone 6a)
July 20, 2009
This was my very first order with this company. Definitely will not be my last!! The irises I received were very large and healthy. Put others to shame from other companies! Also received nice big bonus irises to boot! Great prices, great irises, prompt shipping, what more could you ask for?
Positive SusieU
Rescue, CA
May 9, 2009
The Kaspereks are the BEST! They sent fat, healthy rhizomes, and were very, very generous with bonus irises. I love the bonus irises they sent as much as the ones I ordered. Great communication, and they shipped right when promised too.

Positive Flossiemae
Salt Lake City, UT
August 28, 2008
Very clean and large rizhomes of iris. Always gives extras.
Positive Cheesy
West Bend, WI
July 31, 2008
Okay, this one is a 10 out of 10 rating. I have had Zebra Gardens introductions growing in my iris beds for years but this was my first time to order direct from them. I placed a club order with a few personal irises added for myself.

They sent them right on time, exactly when I needed them. And HOLY COW...these were some big, beautiful, healthy irises! Extremely generous gifts to our iris club, we so appreciate that! Our members are going to tip over when they see the wealth of riches!!

Prices are very very reasonable. Customer service is impeccable. They acknowledged my order immediately and gave me a ship date. They asked for a list of irises I might like for gifts and sent me lots of them!! I was quite pleased.

If you were silly enough (like me) to think Utah grown irises might not be as good, think again! These are grown with loads of TLC and look gorgeous.

Brad and Kathie are a pleasure to deal with and you can't help but appreciate the whimsy and humor in their catalog and their iris names. The first one that caught my attention was "Baboon Bottom". How wild is that?!

Two green thumbs up for Zebra Gardens!
Positive DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC (Zone 9a)
February 17, 2008
Highest Accolades! I have placed several orders with Zebra Iris over the past few years and have always received large, healthy, robust and gorgeous rhizomes lovingly packed up like kids going off to summer camp. In addition, their generosity when 'tossing' in bonus plants has always Wowed me beyond all belief both in the number and in the popularity/desirability of the items included.

No sooner had I sent my 1st order than I began to feel - as a result of the personal responses received - as though we were old friends. I cannot say enough about the very positive experience of buying from Brad and Kathy at Zebra Iris.
Positive amarantha00
San Bernardino, CA (Zone 8b)
August 31, 2007
Great company for broken-color iris'. I have purchased from Brad and Kathie for a couple of years and the rhizomes are always large, healthy, freshly-dug and well labeled. Terrific bonuses too.

What sets this company apart though, is their great customer service. After making a mistake in shipping last year (and it wasn't a big deal at all), they promised me a "special" order this year with extra newly introduced zebra kidz. Wow, was I surprised when I received my generous package!. Kathie sent me an email as well as a personally written postcard at the beginning of the season too. They really treat their customers as friends, and you certainly can't ask for more.
Positive slq_iris
Lawton, OK (Zone 7b)
September 6, 2006
I like broken color irises and Kasperek is the expert in this area. This is the first year that I have placed an order from zebra gardens but I WILL ORDER AGAIN for sure. All the plants arrived, well packed, well labelled, and healthy. They are growing like weeds. The ZEBRA KIDS are GREAAAT.
Positive pollyk
Hannibal, NY (Zone 6a)
September 3, 2005
I made a wholesale purchase from Zebra Gardens. All went smoothly. Just received the irises and they are large and healthy. Bonus extras also, surprisingly on a wholesale order. Highly recommend. Polly Kinsman
Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
May 19, 2005
I have ordered from the Kasparek's for three years in a row now. The quality and size of the rhizomes is always outstanding! The bonus irises included are very generous and are usually newer intros. I can't say enough positive things about this company!
Positive rockdrky
Louisville, KY (Zone 6a)
May 9, 2005
VERY positive experience. Rhizomes were very large and well labeled. They are now blooming and are spectacular. Let me tell you guys, if you don't have one or more of the broken iris, your iris garden is not complete!!! I have never seen anything like them! My flower friends are SO jealous! I love it!
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
December 7, 2004
Zebra Gardens has always sent nice sized rhizomes. They are fresh, true to name, and guaranteed (replaced if it dies in the first year).

They specialize in broken colors irises - what a treat! I'll continue to order from them. Recommended!
Positive LimeyLisa
Princeton, IL (Zone 5a)
July 15, 2004
I placed an order in January and was pleased with their immediate response to my order. They were happy to work around my hectic summer schedule as I am gone from home alot and don't know the dates I'm gone until the last minute. The package came and everything was meticulously packed, very clean and high quality. The rhizomes were huge and clearly marked as to who was who. I will definately order from them again. I love the unusual broken colors and names on these iris. This is definately a breeder that cares about his product.
Positive qbirdy
pulaski, NY (Zone 5a)
July 14, 2004
I ordered 3 iris from them and when they arrived the rhizomes were absolutely HUGE! The Kaspereks included 2 bonus rhizomes as well. I have had nothing but nice email contact and they have been very helpful about care of their iris, and answered questions about one of their hybrids I'd bought from another source.
I HIGHLY reccomend them to anyone who wants their unique broken color iris and personally will buy from then in the future!!!!
Positive mce
Salt Lake City, UT
February 2, 2004
I called ahead and was made very welcome on 2 visits to the garden. I placed my order there, and then had excellent service on my order delivery.
Positive patc
August 21, 2003
This a geat company to order iris's from. Fast service and great quality. Very generous with bonus plants.
Positive steffiesgarden
South Windsor, CT
August 2, 2003
This is 'the' Kasperek the hybridizer.
Brad and Kathy already feel like friends. All my Zebra Kids arrived in great shape, and the extras were generous. I recieved about double my order!
they are a must see web site.