The scoop on 'Morning Glory Farm'

Morning Glory Farm

Fairview, Tennessee 37062 (United States)

Comments:

Positive Yardart1
Brentwood, TN
October 15, 2005
I've enjoyed my visits to Morning Glory Farm but it is sometimes not a good place for knowledgeable assistance. But then gardening is a kind of hit or miss proposition anyway. That's one of the things that make it so rewarding when something works. I've made the hour drive at least once a year for several years.
Positive wygrowsit
Nashville, TN (Zone 6b)
February 2, 2004
Sparklplenty, morning glories do not transplant well. They are so easy to grow from seed, as are hyacinth bean vines.
Negative sassyfras
Mount Juliet, TN (Zone 6b)
August 24, 2003
Morning Glory Farm is usually always at the yearly Home and Garden Show. I was so impressed with their display, that I drove over an hour to get to their nursery. The stated they had a large variety of rare and unusual plants. It is not easy to find...their sign is barely visible. When I got there, I asked the salesperson what they had that was unusual. She seemed to not have a clue! After tromping through 3 hot houses, the most 'rare' item they had was a hyancith bean vine! I wanted zebra grass, and they didn't even know if they had any (they didn't). I left with some morning glories (whopee), some portulaca, and the hyancith bean vine. The only thing that survived was the vine. When the morning glories die, that says something to me. I have been gardening for years, and really didn't think I had placed them in the wrong light, etc. I emailed them, and received a reply where in essence they said they were sorry. No mention of the money I had spent ($40.00) or offering to replace the plants. I would never buy from them again (oh, and by the way, I got the zebra grass at my local Home Depot).