The scoop on 'Napa Country Iris Gardens'

Napa Country Iris Gardens

9087 Steele Canyon Road
Napa, California 94558-9634 (United States)

Comments:

Positive eolivas103
Las Cruces, NM (Zone 8a)
September 14, 2014
This is the 1st year I have ordered with them. I placed a small order. The rhizomes they sent are chunky and appear to be doing well. Since this is the 1st year I have dealt with them, I will need to wait until Spring to really see how the plants have done and then will update this post. But going by what I know so far, I am pleased with this company and recommend them.
Positive GreenandGrowing7
Marcola, OR
July 7, 2014
Just recently received my first order from Napa Iris Gardens. I was thrilled with the plants I received. The rhizomes were large and very healthy. The company provided good communication and my iris were carefully packaged for shipping. I also received a nice bonus iris.

This is a first-rate nursery, and I plan on ordering from them again in the future.
Positive crowrita1
Lyndon, IL (Zone 5a)
July 2, 2014
This was the second year ordering from this grower, and, just like the first time, the plants were excellent! nice size, clean and healthy, and a very fair price, as well ! They included a nice bonus plant as well !..I would recommend this place to anyone !....Arlyn
Positive clematisdave
Pylesville, MD
August 22, 2011
Thanks Leslie for some first class plants. Also for the extra with a blue blaze on the falls. Can't go wrong here.
Positive dudleycath
Winston Salem, NC
July 15, 2011
This is my first year purchasing iris via the internet. The Painters customized the order to fit my shipping schedule, and I received shipment this week. Communication was clear and timely, and they sent a beautiful bonus introduction, even though I had a very small order. They made my "first time" a breeze, and I am very happy about the experience!
Positive wingnutdad620
Coventry, RI
July 14, 2010
I just received my first order of Iris from Napa. Well packaged and nice healthy rhizomes.
Positive Betja
Bakersfield, CA
April 25, 2010
This is one of my favorite iris nurseries. I order from them each year and they are such a pleasure to deal with. And they are very responsive to my email requests to add to my orders (I seem to do that every year too). I am starting to purchase some of their introductions and am so pleased with them -- 'Brilliance' is absolutely my favorite iris to date! Their website has great pictures and descriptions, and it is now one of the very first nurseries each year to publish their new catalog on their website. And their rhizomes are the best!
Positive BELO
Aguanga, CA
October 30, 2009
THIS WAS MY FIRST YEAR ORDERING FROM THEM AND IT WILL NOT BE MY LAST. THE RHIZOMES WERE HUGE, BONUS IRIS WERE TERRIFIC AND THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING. I FELT SORRY FOR JOHN AS I KEPT ADDING TO MY ORDER. THE BEST PART OF THIS GARDEN I LIKE IS HONESTY. I PAID BY PAYPAL AND EACH ORDER I PD FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING. JOHN E- MAILED ME AND TOLD ME THAT I HAD PD TO MANY SHIPPING AND HANDILING CHARGES, THEY WOULD SEND ME A REFUND. I ASK COULD I ORDER MORE IRISES INSTEAD OF A REFUND? WHO ELSE BUT SCHREINERS DOES THAT???
Positive SusanLouise
Lincoln, NE (Zone 5b)
July 4, 2009
Received huge healthy rhizomes and had lovely bonus Irises too...packed well and received in a timely fashion...
Thank you much Napa Iris!!!!
Positive KY_IRIS_GAL
Lewisburg, KY
March 14, 2009
Another top-notch company with excellent service and super size irises!
Positive jh_gardens
Southeast, NE (Zone 5a)
July 15, 2008
Oh my goodness...I could not be more pleased with this company. This was my first year ordering from them, and I was sent huge, beautiful, healthy rhizomes that were very well-marked with plastic name tags stapled on the fans! I look forward to ordering from them again, and highly recommend Napa Country Iris Gardens to anyone!
Positive JPride1127
Detroit, MI
June 27, 2008
Great irises, great prices, will update with how my irises were when I received them, and the person below obviously doesn't know how to keep track of a check book, regardless of when they cash it, take it out of your register and then you won't over spend.
On August 2nd, 2008, JPride1127 added the following:

Very pleased, I thought Schreiner's had sent excellent rhizomes and decided I would mostly order from them, but that was before I received my order from Napa Country, the rhizomes were big and were covered with roots from the front and back of the rhizome, not just a few roots like other companies. Also the fans on their plants are incredibly thick and I'm trying to figure out why none of my irises I grow have fans like that? =)
On August 23rd, 2008, JPride1127 added the following:

Excellent, Received my order a day ago. They really think when they send you bonuses, I got an extra of a plant I already ordered, and an extra of a new 2008 intro I ordered. My exclusive company, I can't wait to see what 2009 brings!
On May 21st, 2009, JPride1127 added the following:

90% of my first year plants bloomed. One is sending up two stalks, and one is sending up four. Trying to make more room to order more. Thanks alot.
Negative edenblooming
Richmond, VA
April 29, 2008
I personally do not like any nursery that holds checks for long periods of time before cashing them, and this nursery held mine for over two months before cashing it.
Positive hummingbrd
Reno, NV
September 3, 2007
WOW...the size and quality of the plants/rhizomes was beyond my expectations! I can't wait for the blooms in spring...:o) Plus they sent me bonuses which I didn't think I qualified for....BRAVO! I live close enough to this business that I am thinking of visiting in the spring to see their gardens...:o)
Positive Elizabethtown
Hagerstown, MD (Zone 6a)
August 24, 2007
At first I was concerned for my order. I sent my money and received confirmation but nothing ever arrived indicating my order had shipped. I sent an email, a few days later (today) I have a box of the most wonderful... huge... irises! Now I see why so many east coast growers say "we don't sell California size irises"! Neither do I.

Great job! Now to get them potted!
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
August 1, 2007
I placed my first order this spring and received it at the time expected. All plants look nice and healthy. It was a very positive experience, and I will continue to buy from Napa Country Iris Gardens.
Positive emerritt
Blowing Rock, NC
August 15, 2006
Found this company thru Dave's site.
The site of Napa Iris was excellent. Very clear and beautiful photos of the iris available. The prices are very fair. I needed an early delivery as we live in the mountians of NC. and need to have the rhizomes in the ground early to insure the root system is established for winter. John was wonderful to work with via e-mail and on the phone. Delivery was made as requested.
The rhizomes were really big and plump, good strong roots and each was labeled. The whole experience was outstanding and want to thank John and Dave's site. I would recommend Napa highly to anyone and first time buyers can feel safe buying from this company.
Ed Blowing Rock NC

On August 18th, 2007, emerritt added the following:

Once again ordered from Napa and once again great experience. Had just a small order due to space problems. Once again shipped as promised as to date. Iris were big, plump, and great root system. As in the past a great experience and do yourself a favor and buy your iris here you will be a customer for life.
Ed Merritt
Blowing Rock, NC
Positive Margiempv
Oro Valley, AZ (Zone 9a)
March 30, 2006
Friendly! Good at answering e-mails. Sent nice large, healthy rhizomes and extras. I would order from them again and again. Pleasant experience!!
Positive flowerfrenzy
Vancouver, WA (Zone 7a)
August 17, 2005
I would definitely order with this company again. The rhizomes were huge, fresh, and shipped right when they said they were going to ship them.

I only ordered one brand new intro from them this year~and they gave me another brand new intro for a bonus as well. I consider this VERY generous!

The website is nicely organized, easy to use and pleasing to the eye. They also answer emails in a very timely manner.

A great experience all around!
Positive 4747
Chula Vista, CA
August 16, 2005
I ordered only three iris this year but nevertheless they sent me a free iris, a beautiful one at that. The rhizomes were extremely healthy with great roots - a very happy and extremely satisfied customer.

Positive terry94705
Berkeley, CA
August 5, 2005
I drove up to this garden and saw their iris in bloom this year. It gives you a better idea how the iris look in clumps-- plus they really have a gorgeous garden. They also sell many potted iris in bloom in the spring, which is really wonderful if you are impatient to get them!

In addition to buying pots at their garden, I placed a small order through their website. I liked their website; it was easy to use and had pretty good photos. And I was very satisfied with the order; the rhizomes were large, fresh and healthy looking. They threw in a newish gift iris, even though it was a fairly small order. A good experience: pleasant people to do business with, and I know that I will trek up there every spring to see what they are offering.
Positive cls009
July 18, 2005
This year was my first year ordering from this company and I couldn't have been happier with the results. The rhizomes were huge, healthy and shipped right on time. Very nice bonuses were sent as well. I would rate this company as one of the top that I've ordered from.