The scoop on 'Hilltop Fruit Trees (formerly Hilltop Nurseries)'

Hilltop Fruit Trees (formerly Hilltop Nurseries)

1860 Lakeshore Drive
St. Joseph, Michigan 49085 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-253-2911
Fax: (269) 621-2062

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive ejb190
Wanatah, IN
December 3, 2004
Hilltop no longer does retail sales. They have a minimum order of 30 trees and have slimmed down their offerings in recent years. That said, they are still an great company, provide a wide selection of trees, and are some of the most knowledgeable folks I have ever worked with.
Neutral ltvsteel2005
April 29, 2004
Got my seven trees the other week. They were so small.I expected to get the same size trees I used to buy from Emlong Nursery. This is not the case.

Before I check out the outfit. I check with our local orchard. He had some for sale but they were in the tubs and I can not get them back to where I plant them so I need bare root plants but they were Hilltop. They look liked Emlong really good trees.
Positive TPM1
December 21, 2002
Hilltop is one of the finest commerical fruit tree nurseries in the eastern U.S. When you purchase their trees you know exactly when the fruit ripens,its size, color,quality,the trees size&form and which soils the rootstock you`ve chosen will grow best in. Although Hilltop does sell in small quanitys,their primary customers are commerical orchards,nurseries,and many of Michigans county soil conservation districts.All of their trees are bareroot with extensive root systems and i`ve yet to have one not thrive.I understand they have been purchased by another company,and can only hope that nothing gets changed by the new owners.
Positive mdsuarez
December 1, 2001
I am not sure what is wrong, but their web site no longer works. I ordered from them 2 years ago, and they were wonderful. I bought 50 trees from them for a hobby farm, and all arrived in great condition.