The scoop on 'Holland Bulb Farms'

Holland Bulb Farms

Tatamy, Pennsylvania 18085-0220 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-283-5082

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Comments:

Positive ronaldmall
Coos Bay, OR
February 26, 2011
we planted our bulbs early last fall and here on the west coast they are up blooming nice and healthy. We have spent the last 7 days working in the garden each morning despite the weather and they have been wonderful to enjoy. -Ron
Neutral pgayle
Mannford, OK
January 10, 2011
I ordered some daffodils, crocus and grape hyacinth. I can't yet say much about these till spring.

I also ordered an amaryllis kit. The bulb came up, with plenty of leaves but no flowers. I emailed them but no reply. I have not tried to call.
Positive kentstar
Ravenna, OH (Zone 5b)
April 15, 2009
Ordered some Calla Lily bulbs through them. I received them quickly. Not the cheapest place, but not bad either. Now I'll just have to see how they do. But, a positive experience so far.
Negative elkunze
Tuscaloosa, AL
April 17, 2008
I placed an order over the phone early in March 2008 for water lilies from the midwest office of Holland Bulb Farms, which is located in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Upon placing this order I was told to expect shipment in 2 to 3 weeks. Weeks passed but no order arrived. On April 8, 2008, I called their Customer Service phone number and was told that my order was to ship that day or the next. Yesterday, April 16, 2008, I called Customer Service again only to be told that there was no record of my having placed any order over the telephone or internet.
Having provided credit card information when I thought I was placing my order, I do not understand how my order ended up never being made. Although Holland Bulb Farms offers really good prices on their plants, I will never again order anything from them and I will discourage anyone I know who might express any interest in ordering from them.

Positive kobrien46
December 1, 2001
There seems to be mixed messages regarding Holland Bulb Farm, I agree with one comment that shipping the bulbs I ordered in August '99 took longer to arrive so I couldn't plant the daffodils, tulips and hyacinths, the snow was already on the ground and it was frozen. The lilies planted in '98 have been very productive in blooming year after year, very hearty and vigorous blooms from spring to fall; I have received many compliments from my neighbors.The tulips, daffodils and grape hyacinths failed to show any success despite my rigorous care to develop at least 25 of the 50 bulbs ordered and planted, only a few showed but failed to survive or show any color or good health. More disappointments from the amount of $$ spent for such a small yield but still willing to try another bulb farm for luck. Living up in the farthest north has its challenges and I am beginning to learn more as I go along trying to grow. To summarize my experience with Holland Bulb Farm, I would order lilies from them again but doubt it for tulips and hyacinths despite the 100% guarantee given.
Negative schwing
South Milwaukee, WI
July 1, 2001
When I saw the comments about Holland Bulb Farms, especially related to the no-hassle guarantee, I had to write about my own experience. I would NOT order from this company. In 1997 I purchased over $200 worth of small corms that I planned to naturalize under a large tree in my front yard. I planted them according to directions. The next spring I was extremely disappointed - only about 10% of the over 750 bulbs I'd planted came up. I phoned the company, but their response was even more disappointing. They would not honor their guarantee. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and was questioned at length about how I'd planted the bulbs, and then they even wanted me to dig up several of the remaining corms of each variety and send them back in to them! I thought this was ludicrous, especially since they'd said no problem getting a replacement if something didn't grow! Well, I didn't feel like trying dig up little corms of every variety I'd planted, so I asked what they would be willing to do. I was offered a $50 credit, at which I balked; that was 25% of what I'd spent, and I only got about 10% of myflowers! Finally they upped the credit to $100 - a little under half of what I'd spent, and you know what? I've been so turned off I haven't even used the credit...I still have it and actually I was looking for a website to think about finally using the when I found the postings to which I am now responding. I am a rather spring bulb experienced gardener, and don't believe I planted the corms incorrectly. I have many more of the same type of spring bulbs from other sources and they grow great, as well as over 1000 tulip and daff bulbs in my yard. I also didn't see anything wrong with the corms when they arrived, but for whatever reason they didn't grow. The company, though, should live up to the guarantee that they prominently advertise. After this experience, I have gone back to purchasing only through local sources - no more mail order catalogs!
Positive romcg
July 1, 2000
Holland Bulb Farm's name is too close to New Holland Bulb Farm's name. Do not confuse them because the quality and service do not compare. Check the New Holland Bulb comments to see quite a shocker compared to this list of comments.
Positive colleenwhite
April 1, 1999
I loved the Pink Supreme Tulips from their 1997 catalog. The blooms were HUGE and such a reasonable price! I wish I could find the same tulips but they are not in their current catalog. I left them in the ground for another season since they were so spectacular, they came back a little smaller but still beautiful. Every bulb was in great condition. I will order from them again.
Positive lindagranger
April 1, 1998
I ordered perennials from Holland Bulbs in summer/fall/97. I was impressed with the size, condition and the packing of the plants. However, they arrived so late in the fall, the weather had already started to get cold, so I don't know yet whether they will come back this year. Customer service seems extremely helpful over the phone (800 number) and they say they will replace anything that doesn't grow. Based on that, I ordered more for this spring. Haven't received them yet.
Positive lauraraymond
April 1, 1997
I have been ordering bulbs and perennials from Holland Bulb Farms for the past 5 years. You can place your order over the telephone with their 800 number and it does not cost you any money. The bulbs are of the best quality that I've ever received from a mail-order company. The order is always packed perfectly so nothing is damaged during shipping. The girls on the telephone are always helpful and willing to find the answers to all my questions. They say if you have a problem they will replace the item with no questions asked-can't ask for anything better than that!