The scoop on 'Royall River Roses'

Royall River Roses

Yarmouth, Maine 02664
(United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark The URLwww.royallriverroses.com now goes to an unrelated/non-gardening business in Las Vegas. According to one source, Mr King folded up shop, leaving many customers and suppliers waiting for plants, money and refunds. If anyone has more information on this company, please contact the Watchdog editors.

Company Comment, posted on November 1, 2002:

Comments:

Negative spaniel
North Yarmouth, ME (Zone 5a)
August 11, 2003
As I live in No Yarmouth, I can most assuredly tell you that Royal River Roses is closed. My information was that there was a connection to the Rosarie at Bayfield, also now gone
Neutral kathleenfisher
April 1, 2001
They appear to be out of business, although they still appear on many mail-order lists.
Negative JilNelsonKaplan
February 1, 1997
I ordered from Royall River for about two years. The third year I complained that a rugosa simply died. They were most unresponsive, and have consequently lost both this customer and those I would normally have sent their way via my business.
Positive Zimmer
May 1, 1996
Great selection, excellent text, and prompt & courteous. When I first started with heirlooms & got my 1st shipment from them, I called with a question, which was taken immediately, answered simply and patiently, and with complete courtesy. Check them out! Feel free to cite me as a satisfied customer. By the way, my Royall River purchases of Blanc Double de Coubert & Quatre Saisons are thriving!
Positive RheaWorrell
May 1, 1996
Royall River does have a catalog and it is charming and beautifully done. The selection is small, but varied. It is a small-family owned business, and when I placed an order they were very responsive, sending an immediate confirmation and calling me when a problem came up. When I needed a refund, it was done immediately. Excellent customer service makes up for the high prices.
Positive JoanneGreene
April 1, 1996
Good source of species roses, rugosa roses, and Buck roses
Positive JamesRoush
August 1, 1995
Very good quality, although budded roses. I've never got a bad plant from there and in fact, once ordered 2 Prairie Harvest's which came with 7 and 9 canes respectively. What is that, a grade 5? (if a Grade 1 has 3 canes?)