The scoop on 'Seeds of Distinction'

Seeds of Distinction

Toronto, Ontario M9C 4V2 (Canada)

Fax: 1-888-327-9193
Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Negative rdinjian
Watertown, MA (Zone 6a)
April 21, 2005
Bought seeds last year at a garden supply store; possibly 10 seeds in the packet, and I had very poor germination with those ten.
Much better, more reliable supplies out there
Negative dskin
June 14, 2004
I ordered seeds from this company 2 years ago. The seeds had a terrible germination rate. I am not sure if it was old or what the problem was exactly. I wrote a very polite letter to the company and explained that out of 8 packets, I was only successful with 3. I never heard back from this company with a PO box! I certainly do not think they have any kind of customer service going on there at all. I would not recommend them. I will try the website that another unhappy customer was kind enough to post for us.

Thanks
dskin
Negative dianthusman
Pecos, NM (Zone 5b)
December 3, 2002
Enamored of their catalogue, I sent away for a number of seeds, including a calendula I'd salivated over; the calendula seeds I received, though packaged as in the catalogue, when grown out proved to be not at all what I had ordered, and when I wrote to request a replacement or refund, I did not hear back from the owner for a year. The only conclusion I can draw is that this company is either a scam or that the North American arm (the main company is in Britain, I believe) gets all the old seed the Brits couldn't sell.
Negative CubanGardener
Montreal, QC (Zone 5a)
November 13, 2002
After having tried this seed for a few years in a row and having tons of experience with seed germination, I am quite certain that this company sends old seed and for this reason the seed won't germinate. If you want to purchase exactly the same seed as Seeds of Distinction offers, why not buy it from their supplier, Plants of Distinction and get fresh seed for a change! They have a gorgeous catalogue and will be online at the end of 2002. Their web address is http://www.pod.co.uk/frame.htm. This company is located in England.
Positive CornwallCottage
April 25, 2002
I have ordered seeds from this company for 4 years. We are a commercial greenhouse and I have had very very good luck with their product. Granted that some of their seeds are unusual, and therefore not that easy to germinate sometimes, I will definately keep dealing with this company. They are very helpful as well when speaking in person to them.

Thanks.
Negative benson2
April 24, 2002
Their catalog is wonderfull, but the seeds listed are way overpriced for the number of seeds they send. Some seeds are listed elswhere at more then half the price they are charging. On the lighter side they do carry some seed that you cannot get anywhere else.
Negative snowhermit
Woodsville, NH (Zone 4a)
December 1, 2001
I have bought several of their seeds and find that they have a very poor germination rate.