The scoop on 'Wallace-Woodstock, Inc.'

Wallace-Woodstock, Inc.

N1831 State Rd. 95
Neillsville, Wisconsin 54456 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-803-8733

This company specializes in:Other helpful information:

Comments:

Positive hunterdoug
Auburn, KY
October 30, 2013
I purchased two wolf river apple trees in the spring
and I am happy with my purchase, they are both growing good now. I am thinking about ordering some more trees from them
Negative briannowak
Mount Vernon, IA
November 29, 2011
Do not use this company for mail-order! There is very little follow through in either shipping or in customer service. They tried to make good for an order not shipped in 2010, but the 2011 replacement shipment was much too late for bare root stock (1st week of June), so I have had very poor establishment of the trees. Furthermore, I requested a refund for part of the order that could not be fulfilled, yet they have failed to send out the check. It is amazing they have been in business for 25 years.
Positive Rickmidge
Burtrum, MN
March 22, 2011
I purchased Woodstock's deer plot bare root apple tree collection. When they arrived, I was pleased with the stock and all did well. They felt that they were well branched trees 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall. I was so happy that I placed an order for 3 more collections of 6 apple trees for this Spring.
Negative camp10
Stoughton, WI
June 10, 2009
Ordered some apple trees, a peach and asparagus this winter. The peach arrived and it surely looked dead. I planted it anyway. It never showed any sign of life. After a couple weeks, I started calling Woodstock. Left several messages with my daytime phone number. Never got a call back.

Finally got someone to pick up the phone. Asked for my money back for the peach and they refused. Said they would set me up for replacement next year. Based on some of the reviews here, I don't hold out much hope.

Negative spruceman
Emington, IL
July 8, 2008
Back in 2004,my wife and I "purchased" (or pHe wanted the money before delivery , aid for)240 white spruce trees from Tom Wallace. We took a trip up to Wisc.from Ill. to see exactly what we were buying. That spring, we were to recieve our shipment of 240 5-7 ft. trees at $ 30.00 a tree, guaranteed for 1 yr. Well that spring we got 99 trees, and only lost 20 trees.After many phone calls later and 1-1/2yrs later we recieved 100 more trees that he said were purchased from another grower whose soil was very sandy as they were B and B'd or potted.My soil is has a high clay content and so did Wallace Woodstock's.We lost 60 of that bunch as thay were in very poor condition upon delivery and grown in sand instead of clay soil as promissed. It is now summer 2008 and he has promissed us last fall, this spring and now this fall again to fulfill the rest of the original order( 40 more trees) plus the replacements ( 80 ) more for a total of 120 more. A semi can hold 100 to120 trees but we have told him we will accept 100 trees and call it even. We have also sent him pictures of the dead trees to prove they died . He has our money and we still don't have all of our original order let alone the replacements.STAY AWAY FROM THIS NURSERY.TOM WILL LIE TO YOU AND HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED!
Positive shadowacres1302
Decorah, IA
July 5, 2008
I found this company strictly through their web site while looking for fruit trees that would grow in our Upper Iowa region. Everyone was extremely helpful on the phone and assisted in both my original order and an additional order. We did end up picking up our mail order trees when we discovered they were just several hours away. They were as nice in person as they were on the phone, and assisted me in filling out another row of trees. When we got home we realized that we missed 7 trees ( there were 57+ in three orders...easy to happen). I called the next morning (Thurday) and the trees came UPS and were in their holes by Friday evening.
Out of 50 apple trees, 4 peach trees, 2 apricot, &1 self fertile cherry every tree is growing amazingly well after only 3 months. 9 of the 10 raspberry plants and all three Stenulson Blackberrys are alive and well. We had an excellent crop of strawberries off of the 75 very large strawberry plants (Red Chief & Honeyeye).
All the plants and trees were much healthier and are thriving much better than the plants and trees I've bought from several local nurseries in the past. I've even had to pull apples off 7 of the trees (really want that good first year root system more than apples).
We just can't say enough good things and already have started next year's planting list for the orchard and bramble extension!
Thanks!!
Negative garyatk
Oakland, ME
July 11, 2007
On 3-30-07 I ordered trees from Wallace-Woodstock and sent a check for $163.73. Within a couple weeks it became apparent that we were going to have to move due to economic conditions in Michigan. So on 4-17-07, I called and asked to have my order cancelled and was informed that I would receive a full refund. A few weeks later I realized that I hadn't yet received my refund. It took several calls and several weeks, but finally on 5-31-07, I spoke with the owner Mr. Tom Wallace who told me that "it would be the middle of next week". After waiting another week, I began calling again. This time nobody answered the phone. I thought that they were out of business. Finally two weeks later, Tom Wallace answered the phone, and promised that I would be getting my refund. After another week and a half, I still didn't get my refund so I called again. This time I was told that the reason why nobody answered the phone for two weeks was because the IRS locked them out during that time. Now Mr. Wallace refuses to answer my calls or talk to me when I call.

I can only recommend you find a more reputable company and person to do business with.
Positive gemini_sage
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
April 16, 2005
I recieved my order of 12 raspberry plants yesterday from Wallace Woodstock Nursery and am very pleased. The plants are larger than I expected for the price, which was excellent. If they perform well and prove to be correctly labeled, I will certainly order again.
Positive brokenarrow
Pleasant Prairie, WI
February 21, 2005
I bought 12 honeycrisp apple trees from them. Was totally impressed with the workers there and all the info and help they gave me. Delivery was perfect and trees were in good shape. Its been 2 years now and have only lost 4 trees and I do not water them ever! (Location problems). I would recomend them to all. In fact I found this sight becayse I was searching for the nursery to place anouther order
Positive alaska_rick
Juneau, AK (Zone 5a)
July 17, 2004
I ordered some plum trees (Mount Royal, Pipestone) and some cherry trees (Van). All arrived in good shape and seem to be growing just fine. The cherries were actually a bit larger than I expected.
Negative robertson49
May 4, 2004
I placed my order, over $400 in trees, in December, 03 for an April 1, 04 shipping date. I received the order on May 3, 04. Not good for me since I now have had my scheduled knee surgery the last week of April. I get to watch the trees die slowly in their plastic bags. Woodstock Nursery covers itself with the phrase “We will make every effort to deliver your order by a specific date. Weather is the main factor affecting all deliveries.“ Perhaps, if they had wanted my repeat business, they would be wiser to have said, “We will contact you if we can’t ship by your due date, what is a better date?” We’re not talking about a couple plants here.

An additional phrase,” If a specific date for delivery is NOT set, your stock will be shipped at random when available” is also included. It looks as if my order was treated at random.

Their product is good but their customer service is medieval. There are plenty of other nurseries. I suggest you try them first.
Positive Tribeola
Mogadore, OH
July 9, 2003
Bought 4 blueberry plants and 3 hosta plants from them. They arrived when I desired - via FEDEX at a minimal charge ($5). They were nice sized plants, still moist in their peat moss bedding. All of them survived and are prospering. Will buy from them again.
Neutral GeneHalpern
January 1, 2002
Here's a supplier of deciduous and evergreen seedlings, ornamental, flowering trees and shrubs, fruit, nut bearing plants--available in singles or quantities of 10-1000. Prices appear good. I have not yet ordered from this company.