The scoop on 'Willow Pond Nursery'

Willow Pond Nursery

Hewlett, New York 11557
(United States)

We do not have a web address listed for this company.

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark The domain name is now used by an adult-oriented site. If anyone has information regarding this company, please contact us.

Company Comment, posted on November 1, 2002:

Comments:

Negative arlenek
April 1, 2000
I placed an order for several plants on April 11th via the internet website. I have called once and e-mailed the company three times, with no response. I am very disappointed because I was looking forward to receiving the plants. It doesn't look like I am going to receive them this spring, if at all. I would just like to know if they have even received my order - but I can't get anyone from the company to reply. I should have known better than to order from them. Their website even states on the order page "sometimes we're hard to reach". I feel like I've been left hanging: am I going to receive the plants? Did they even receive my order? Should I try to order from another supplier at this late date, or wait and see what happens? I will not be ordering from them again, and I'm sorry that I ever gave them my credit card number. They do not seem to be a reputable company.
Positive jdj3
July 1, 1999
I am so pleased with the plants I have received from Willow Pond Nursery. Three are huge, healthy and the plants arrived in perfect condition. I had asked for care instruction as on each plant and the response was expansive. I can't wait to place my fall order. Thank you Willow Pond Nursery!
Negative margaretwebster
June 1, 1999
I sent a snail-mail order to Willow Pond Nurseries about a month ago and I haven't had confirmation of the order yet, despite dashing off several e-mails asking them if my order was received. I would like to know so that I can either re-order from them or try to get the plants elsewhere, but as things stand, I know nothing and it's very annoying.Lots of people complain about Michigan Bulb, but they always confirm my orders and replace any dead or damaged plants. M.B. unfortunately haven't got the plants that I ordered from W.P.N. I don't believe I will try to deal with this company again.[update June 1999]I wrote to you a short while ago about an order I placed with Willow Pond Nurseries back in Feb.'99. Well, I had given up on them when I received an e-mail on Friday, June 11th from Rika saying that my e-mails to them, sent in March had just got through. I find this astonishing, but I'm not a computer expert so maybe it is possible for e-mail to take 3 months to arrive. However, the e-mail to me also said that they would mail the O. Planiscapus on Mon. (no date) so I went out to meet the mail-man every day so that the plants would not dry out and die in the Florida heat. I have 5 acres, my mailbox is a fair distance and I am a senior citizen. No plants have arrived to date, June 23rd. Do these people even care about the inconvenience they are causing their customers? I, personally, would rather be told if they do not have the plants in stock then at least you are not always expecting plants which do not come. I have e-mailed them cancelling the whole order. I expect a reply about Y2K.
Negative JanetNovak
February 1, 1999
My one experience with Willow Pond was not good. Last fall I ordered a handful of different plants from them. After waiting for some time, I called to ask about my order. I was told they would check on it, and call me back. They did not. After several more phone calls, I still hadn't found out when and if my order would arrive. By winter, it was clear my order wasn't coming, but they didn't bother to tell me whether the order was cancelled or on back-order. Finally I wrote them a letter to complain, and to invite them to defend themselves. No reply. The one good thing I can say is that the people I talked to were quite polite, if totally ineffectual.
Neutral JaniceAskren
July 1, 1998
This is a new internet nursery, advertising rare perennials and plants. I ordered $84.00 worth of items. And after they arrived I sent the following letter twice. I have not received a response. I placed my order early in the season. The owner emailed me regarding several delays. When the merchandise finally arrived, I did not receive my entire order…