The scoop on 'Gardino Nursery'

Gardino Nursery

158th Rd South
Delray Beach, Florida 33446 (United States)

Phone: 1-888-241-1572

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on May 28, 2009:
If you are sick of looking at the same plants, and are looking for something exotic and special, check out our nursery.
We have a large collection of rare tropical plants.
From rare flowering trees, to ferns, a large selection of Hoyas, vines, succulents, etc... If its different and beautiful we grow it.
We are located in South Florida but ship nationwide. Our local telephone number is: 561-244-5865
Visits scheduled by appointment only

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Alexander_R
Santa Clarita, CA (Zone 9b)
September 23, 2014
I wholeheartedly recommend this company. Excellent service, excellent selection of plant. Communication can take a few days, but they are very professional and went out of their way to send me a plant that they fortunately still happened to have but were no longer selling. It was an older type that has been overshadowed by a newer introduction, and I couldn't find it offered anywhere else.

I ordered the plant in June, and it's thriving. Thanks!

Positive Toni05
Brookfield, IL
August 28, 2013
Posted on November 16, 2012, updated August 28, 2013
Posted on December 21, 2007, updated November 16, 2012
Gardnino's sells rare and very healthy plants..
Got two in the mail today, Lactea variegata, and Cryptocereus/Ghost plant..
I've been looking for the ghost plant over 5 yrs..after checking Gardino's, voila, there it stood..
They arrived today, in perfect health and a lot larger than expected.
Packaging was well-done, in newspaper and surrounded with peanuts.
Andrea is prompt and caring answering emails.
She was concered the plants might freeze since I'm in Il, and suggested sending to a location where someone would be home to answer the door when the package arrived..I assured her I'd be here..Her second suggestion was waiting to a later date, when it warmed up.
I'm adding Gardino's nursery to my list of places to purchases plants..Toni
On September 12th, 2009, Toni05 added the following:

Bought two Hoyas from Gardino Nursery. I couldn't believe the quality and beauty of each plant.
They arrived with wooden, trellis-like frames, so Hoyas have something to climb on to, instead of tilting over.
Hoyas are pest-free, foliage unmarred by brown spot.
Plants were packaged securely, and shipped quick. They arrived less than a week after orderiing. That is fast. Toni
On September 17th, 2009, Toni05 added the following:

Gardino Nursery has a huge variety of plants ...everything from tropicals to succulents and more.

Because autumn is nearing, they have a good selection of sale plants left, but probably going fast. I was skeptical ordering a Clerodendrom (Bleeding Heart) for 10.00..(one-gallon-pot) I couldn't believe its size when the shipment arrived today. Foliage is perfect. Just Beautiful!
In addition, I ordered three hoyas, also gorgeous, healthy and nice-sized.

My order was placed Monday, 9/14/09..package arrived 9/17/09..That WAS quick!

I had a few questions about a Hoya, so sent an email. Andrea phoned the following morning. She's a very sweet, patient person. (Rarer hoyas are new to me..being a newbie, questions need answering.) Which she succeeded, took time to explain, even though they are quite busy.
I also spoke to two other Gardino employees?, again, both were helpful and pleasant.

Plants are well-packed, placed in individual brown paper bags, then surrounded with peanuts. The styrofoam type, not edibles..lol.

Thank you Andrea...Toni

On November 16th, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

Ordered and received a healthy, vividly colored, Kalanchoe Humlis.

Kalanchoe arrived securely wrapped..Shipping super-fast.

Thanks, Toni

On August 28th, 2013, Toni05 added the following:

Received two healthy, Hoya Macrophyllas. Pest-free, Secure & Fast-Shipping.

Beautiful foliage. Thanks.
Positive OldWrangler
Spring, TX
July 8, 2013
These folks are just great. Their plants are healthy and well grown. Their prices are somewhat lower than other nurseries. I can highly recommend them.
Positive LiliMerci
North of Atlanta, GA (Zone 8a)
June 12, 2013
What wonderful people at Gardino! I ordered 3 small plants. They did not have one in stock but found one for me at another local nursery. That is customer service!!! Great packing with watering instructions and all in time for my dad to get them for Father's Day! Thank you so much!
Positive zpy
Belmont, MA
July 10, 2012
I was concered about my plant, so i sent an email in the morning of July 4th, didn't expect any response soon. Four hours later, I received a nice answer from them. What a surprise! My second email to them was on Saturday morning, then again, before noon, they wrote back to me. Definitely buy from them again.
Positive cicada
Brownsville, KY (Zone 6a)
June 7, 2012
I highly recommend this company. Emails about the order were answered promptly. Plants arrived in great shape.
Positive goddess9
Philadelphia, PA
May 16, 2012
I placed an order with this nursery on Saturday. They shipped it Monday (at first convenience) and I just got my beautiful Hoyas. I feel like I got what I paid for and they look very healthy. I will be ordering from them again.
Positive rqhansen
Mitchell, SD (Zone 4b)
April 10, 2012
I just cannot say enough good things about this company. I just ordered some aloes from them and they were HUGE and in excellent shape. This is my 5th or 6th order to them. They package the plants very well. They mentioned there was leaf damage on one of the aloes but it looked fine to me. I highly recommend them!!!
Positive morningloree
Heathrow, FL
February 20, 2012
So far this is the best on line plant vendor I have ordered plants from. I ordered dwarf pink powder puff plants, the plants arrived looking like any plant I would have bought at a nursery. They were large, healthy, and getting ready to bloom. I was so happily surprised that I contacted the nursery about additional plants I wanted to order, they suggested pick up, so that they wouldn't have to alter the size of the plant for shipping. Luckily I only live a few hours away and when I went to pick up the plants, they gave me a discount because the trees were dormant. I had ordered trees from a different nursery and I am afraid those trees will not make it. Nice to have a reliable source for beautiful exotic plants. They are very popular though and run out of stuff fast.
Positive Vestia
San Francisco, CA
December 14, 2011
I got big healthy Hoyas and they were packaged so securely and neatly. Folks there were a pleasure to deal with and their communications were very clear.
I rarely write reviews unless the vendor is just a crook, but I got off my duff to write this for Gardino's because the plants and packing I received was just so pleasing.
Neutral islandgirl37
Marathon, FL (Zone 11)
June 9, 2011
Posted on June 9, 2011, updated June 9, 2011
I hesitated to even rate Gardino's because I have only ordered from them once and they are so nice on the phone. But the sweet almond plants I received were ridiculously small. Just little twigs, no branches and just a few leaves all up and down the single stem. Also the packing was not great and the top of each one was broken and I had to cut about 4" off the 18-20" plants.

It also annoys me that they are usually out of so many things on their website. They are nice, very nice but I doubt I would order from them again.
On June 9th, 2011, islandgirl37 added the following:

I wanted to add one thing... when I ordered, I did tell them that I did not want a plant with a fork because I had one sweet almond with a fork and it eventually split. Perhaps they misunderstood and gave me plants with no branches at all. But still, they looked like cuttings, not plants.
Positive plumeria79
Galveston, TX
April 19, 2011
Posted on March 31, 2011, updated April 19, 2011
I have placed several orders with Gardino. I've ordered Hoyas, clerodendrums, and other plants and every time I order I am thrilled when I receive my plants. They really know how to pack plants and they sell a quality product. A few times I have ordered plants such as Pachystachys and they were kind enough to e-mail or call me to let me know that the plants didn't look so good due to a cold snap and they ask if I still want the plants. I love Gardino Nursery because of their honesty, quality of their plants, and their customer service. This nursery is second to none!
On April 19th, 2011, plumeria79 added the following:

I received another order from Gardino Nursery last Saturday and I was thrilled with the quality of the plants, speed at which I received them, and how well the plants were packed. Gardino Nursery is the real deal- they know plants, they know how to ship them, and they know how to keep their customers coming back for more! You won't be disappointed in anything if you try Gardino!
Positive esteve59
Annapolis, MD
February 25, 2011
Other 'on line' Nurseries should take note of this company.The prices are fair and the customer service is outstanding. I ordered three dwarf tropical trees in Febuary and they look outstanding.
Extreeme care in packing..and the heat pack was still warm !
Positive b744jill
Anchorage, AK
August 13, 2010
I ordered 2 x 1 gallon Jasminum sambac "Grand Duke of Tuscany" from Gardino Nursery. It was my first order from them and I was very impressed.
The plant arrived promptly and was in excellent shape. The plant with pot was wrapped in Paper and full of packing peanuts. It was packed to perfection and arrived that way. The plant is beautiful and healthy and has many new starts with buds on them. So much better and nicer plants than the Toptropical that I also order Grand Duke prior this order with Gardino.

In fact, right after received the first 2 try out plants from Gardino. Right away I order 4 more "Grand Duke of Tuscany". Hopefully it will arrive next week. I will writing more report for the coming order. Can't wait to see the beautiful plants from them!!
Positive shayrose
Somerville, MA
August 6, 2010
I have ordered three times from Gardino nursery and was extremely pleased with both the plants and service. The shipping was quick and everything arrived safely. I will be ordering again and love the variety of plants offered.
Positive gsytch
New Port Richey, FL
July 5, 2010
I know them very well from USF in Tampa at their sales, and they are A+ people and growers!..and the nicest, warmest individuals who care. Such variety, and healthy plants.
Positive jamiew
Montgomery, AL
July 2, 2010
You won't be disappointed with this company! I just received my first order with them for Hoya ciliata, H. coriacea, and H, macgillivrayi in excellent condition. They all have at lease 5 nodes or more, are well rooted in their 4 in pots and already attached to supports with colorful butterfly clips. The shipping box was full of peanuts, marked perishable, and secure. The soil of each plant was taped down with shredded paper and the pot wrapped with heavy brown paper. The soil is still moist, the green leaves have nice turgor and there is no yellowing. The shipping was only $12. That's amazingly low compared with Stokes and Logees. I'll order again.
Positive LizaMouse
Covington, LA (Zone 8b)
January 29, 2010
I am extremely pleased with every aspect of Gardinos. Andrea called me to let me know that one of the plants that I had ordered was "pretty small" and that they would be discounting the price because of the size. She also inquired as to whether the weather in my area would be suitable for shipping. Well, the "normal" sized plant is a nice, big healthy specimen and as for the "small" one....I've paid a lot more for plants much smaller and less healthy than this one. I would highly recommend Gardinos.
Positive karyn1
Silver Spring, MD
November 25, 2009
I ordered a couple hoyas. Confirmation was sent immediately and since the temps in my area are getting chilly Andrea emailed to make sure that someone would be home to accept the plants. They arrived 3 days later in excellent condition.
Positive chocolate_roses
Pleasant Hill, CA
October 30, 2009
I ordered 3 plants from Gardino Nursery and I am very, very pleased with the service. The plants arrived in perfect condition and I am very impressed with the packaging. I received clean, beautiful, big and healthy plants. I will definitely order from Gardino Nursery again!
Thanks Andrea for the great service.
Positive ooiholmes
Pittsburgh, PA
July 30, 2009
very pleased with this company. Several months ago I ordered a gardenia, one of the main stems of damaged, they replaced it. I ordered a couple of different species of gardenias on Monday, my plants arrived today, again I am very pleased with my order, plants are healthy and big. Staff are very helpful with any questions you may have and shipping is quick too.
Positive astcgirl
Brandon, FL (Zone 9b)
January 21, 2009
I have had the pleasure of meeting Sid at the USF Plant Sales here in Florida, he was more than happy to bring along my long wishlist of plants that I had been hunting down. These were wonderful, healthy and big plants. He had my 10 plants waiting in the shade for me when I got there. I couldn't help myself and bought another 2 from his tent also, his plants are always so lush and healthy looking and he is always so knowledable with my crazy questions.
I would have no hesitations in recommending them to anyone. They continue to be my "favorite" vendor at each USF Plant Sale.
Positive SierraTigerLily
Boca Raton, FL (Zone 10b)
November 6, 2008
I just had the opportunity to visit Gardino nursery. What a treat! Sid patiently walked me through rows of plants which I never seem to see anywhere except in Fairchild Botanical Garden. He not only took time to answer all of my questions, but also asked me quite a few of his own to confirm that I was selecting site-appropriate plants. I met Andrea and watched her pack plants (I learned a thing or two about how to send plant trades) while playing with their pet tarantula(very tame).
I selected some lovely petrea racemosa, a hybrid chorisia, some bamboo orchids and many other beautiful specimens. I was happy to visit as I learned that there were many more items at his nursery than were listed on the website. (I'd been looking for Polyalthia longifolia var. pendula for years. He had a dozen!)

Wonderful healthy plants. Great nursery. Terrific people.
Positive toddottgardener
Grand Rapids, MI
October 8, 2008
This is my second time ordering from Gardinos. Beautiful, healthy, large plants, shipping quickly.
Positive Kamikid
Thomasville, GA (Zone 8a)
August 16, 2008
I ordered Cestrum Diurnum, Jasminum Sambac,Gardenia Taitensis,Brunfelsia Lactea and Telcoma Castanifolia and they were absolutely beautiful. The foliage was bright, straight stems and packed expertly. I will order from them again and it is rare to see a company that has no negatives in their feedback. Thank you for shipping these wonderful plants.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
August 7, 2008
what everyone else said......and more! i placed an order for a Cordia months ago and andrea emailed me and said that they weren't looking too great and would i mind waiting. of course, i said yes, i'll wait.

last week i received an email saying my tree was ready and did i still want it. well, let me tell you, it arrived today, 4' high, perfectly packed and blooming, even in this ungodly heat. i was hesitant to have it shipped right now because it's august and florida but because this is a tree and loves heat, i figured i would take the chance. i'm so glad i did.

i'll be shopping with them again-often!!!
On August 13th, 2009, trackinsand added the following:

aug/2009 just received two more healthy, beautifully blooming plants. i love this company. they don't disappoint. order something from them!!!
Positive Modernist1925
Saint Louis, MO
June 6, 2008
My transactions with RareFlora.com have been great, well packed, prompt, and of wonderful quality.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
April 5, 2008
Very, very happy with order and fabulous customer service - plants are HUGE! Arrived soon after ordering and very well packed!
Positive dancingwnature
February 25, 2008
Gardino's has any exotic rare plant that you want. I have been ordering for them for 2 years now and I can highly recommened them without reservation. The plants are packed well and they arrive in timely manner. Plants are healthy, big, and everyone will be talking about your rare plant! If you're into exotics, give them a try. 5*****stars all the way!
Positive jll
Pendleton, OR
February 8, 2008
This is a great place to order plants. The plants are healthy much larger then i thought they would be. Packaging was perfect and nice place to deal with.plants came fast Im looking forward to many more orders.
Positive Cretaceous
El Sobrante, CA (Zone 9b)
December 6, 2007
I recenly ordered two Selaginella from Gardino Nursery, and the plants arrived today, well packed and in great shape.

These are the best Selaginella I have ever received !

I'm extremely pleased with this purchase and would definately order again.
Positive petalmanse
Raleigh, NC
October 19, 2007
I have ordered several plants from Gardino & even sent plants to my relatives and each order has been more than a pleasant surprise. The plants are packed for shipping really well. Since I am a beginning gardiner, I have spoken and email Andrea with questions and she has always been pleasant and knowledgeable. I will continue to use Gardino as they offer many plants that grew wild on my childhood island and hopefully will be now in my own garden.
Positive Floralkingdom
De Funiak Springs, FL (Zone 8b)
October 9, 2007
My experience with Gardino Nursery was excellent. I placed my order over the phone with Andrea and she was very nice professional and polite. I arranged with them to pick up my plants at a local plant fair, and they were very kind to bring the plants along. The plants were very healthy large and well taken care of. Great excellent folks to buy from, highly recommended.
Positive caroljane
Bronx, NY
August 16, 2007
I ordered a beautiful dwarf pomegranate and two lovely bonsai style serissas. These are top quality plants. Andrea was really helpful with my order. I would recommend you visit their website, you will find really special plants!
Positive JPreta
Tampa, FL
July 31, 2007
I have made over a dozen purchases from Gardino Nursery over the past several years. I am very pleased with the way everything has turned out. Eveything was packaged well and delivered quickly. All plants continue to flourish. I cannot stress enough how happy I am with Gardino.
Positive pumpgirly
Ormond Beach, FL
July 29, 2007
I ordered 2 adenium obesums and a St. Thomas Tree and I was SO impressed with both the quality and the care in packaging and shipping. After only 4 weeks at my home the St Thomas tree has nearly doubled it's size and looks lush and beautiful. Desert Roses were even in bloom when they arrived and were large healthy plants. Will DEFINITELY buy from again!

Teresa in Daytona Beach
Positive jmiller27
Orlando, FL
July 4, 2007
Excellent service, excellent plants, awesome variety. My plants arrived in good packing, they were very healthy and robust, and I didn't wait long to get them. Gardino's is the best nursery I have ever dealt with. They sell better quality plants than you can find in a retail nursery.
I highly recommend this nursery.
Positive matonagi
Hackettstown, NJ
May 24, 2007
I ordered Hoya plants from this company. They arrived today in perfect condition..the packing was awesome....the plants themselves were large healthy specimens...I would highly recommend them to everyone. I can not say enough of how pleased I am.
Positive wanna_run_fast
Fort Lauderdale, FL
May 2, 2007
I give Gardino's 5 stars! They are awesome, especially Andrea, and go out of their way to be helpful. I ordered 2 little 4 inch pots (gardenia tahaitis and plumeria pudica) online when Andrea emailed me and told me that the plumeria pudica wasn't rooted as well as they would like and would I consider a larger size? She also suggested that I could pick my order up if I would be going to some local plant shows...saving me money for postage! Very, very nice. Wonderful selection and truly one of the best tropical plant places out there!!! They rock!!!
Positive HoosierPapa
Evansville, IN
April 13, 2007
Fantastic plants- well grown, reasonably priced, nicely packed and sold by friendly, knowledgeable staff. One of the best mail order companies for unusual tropical plants!