The scoop on 'MegaGro'

MegaGro

236 Stanton Court West
Buffalo Grove, Illinois 60089 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-634-2476
Fax: 312-896-5645

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Company Comment, posted on August 18, 2005:
W.A. Industries offers a line of products that makes growing easier and more fun, using the secrets that professional growers have known for years. From indoors to outdoors, plants to flowers to lawns, and even seedlings - W.A. Industries offers products that really work!

Grow bigger plants and flowers, revive lawns, save water - indoors and outside, germinate seeds faster.

Comments:

Positive DenisBronxite
Jamaica, NY
March 23, 2013
Delivery (of an order of MegaGro) was a breeze. I'd order again from this supplier.
Positive FVV
Phoenix, AZ
December 29, 2012
Posted on December 28, 2012, updated December 29, 2012
12/28/12 -- I ordered MegaGro and Actinovate on Dec. 6th from MegaGro. Yesterday I got the product MegaGrow but no Actinovate. The Bill of Lading was adjusted down for just the MegaGro, but there was no mention of the missing Actinovate. Of course I paid for both products via Pay Pal so MegaGro has the money for both products. The problem is MegaGro should have at least noted the missing Actinovate on the Bill of Lading, back ordered it or something but didn't. So, now I will be spending time jumping through hoops. If MegaGro answers me and fixes the problem I will change my rating . . . wish me luck!

On December 29th, 2012, FVV changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

12/29/2012 -- I got an immediate response from MegaGro in regards to the missing Actinovate in my order so all is well. Maybe I need to have more patience.

No doubt the MegaGro product was delivered in record time. The problem was there was nothing said on the Bill of Lading about the missing Actinovate . . .

The Sales Rep explained to me that the Actinovate it was on back order, they should have it in a week and there would be NO shipping charge. I was happy to hear that!

Company representative comment on December 28, 2012:
On Dec 28, 2012 1:56 PM, MegaGro responded with:

Hi - we're taking care of your order right now, per the email that I just sent you. Point of clarification: Your order was placed on December 21st (Friday), and your shipment was delivered to you on Thursday (only 3 business days).

Thank you.

Positive greekman123
West Valley City, UT
August 21, 2012
Always had a positive experience with this company. They always seem to ship their products quickly.
Positive tomatolarry
Dalton, GA
June 16, 2012
I have ordered from this company twice in 2011 and 2012. Both times I promptly received the product I had ordered. NO complaints.
Positive bambiatthelake
Streetman, TX
April 10, 2011
Posted on September 28, 2009, updated April 10, 2011
Megagro has posted a "closed (temporarily)" notice on their website. Does anyone know why they closed? I have used their products in the past and liked them.
On April 10th, 2011, bambiatthelake changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I received an email from MegaGro that they were open again. I like their products so I placed an order and received them promptly,
Neutral mattaven
Chicago, IL
April 20, 2010
Hi - as the owner of MegaGro, I apologize for those customers that had problems ordering in the second half of 2009. We had some internal problems, which have now been resolved. Rest assured, every customer has either received their order, or their money back. Please contact me through our website, MegaGro.com, if there are any problems/concerns with our products. Thank you. Matt
Negative jelf
White City, OR
September 10, 2009
I, too, ordered from Megagro... on July 25, to be precise. My card was charged but no shipment was ever made. I have received no response to my attempts to contact the company, except for an automated email from info1@megagro.com saying "Thank you for contacting us. We'll get back in touch with you as quickly as we can"

I'm particularly disappointed because I had ordered from them several times before and was happy with the products.
Negative greenthumb26
Charlotte, NC
August 14, 2009
I've ordered from MegaGro in the past, but I placed an order in early August, they took my money and I have not received the product. They don't answer the phone. It appears they took my money and locked their doors!
Negative grammyshar
Falls Church, VA
August 7, 2009
I ordered the MegaGro vacation water system July 25th, I received a email
confirming my order and my credit card was charged. As of today 08/07/09 I have received nothing. I left 3 emails and called twice, the first time I called I left a message, the second time a recording said the mail box was full. I guess I lost my $40. Sad, think I'll cancel the charge and dispute it.
Negative LtlMissy
Concord, NH
July 15, 2009
I placed an online order with Megagro on July 1 for their Lawn Honey Package; it was posted to my charge account on July 2. I rec'd acknowledgment by e-mail of my order. They advertise shipment within 3 days with e-mail notification when shipped. As of this date (July 15) I've received nothing. I've called their toll-free number 5 times and left messages (never get a real person). I've left e-mail requests on the link provided in their acknowledgment e-mail and always get an automated response (we'll get back to you) 4 times ... and no one has gotten back to me either by phone or e-mail. This was my first order with this company and I will not use them again. I consider them totally unreliable and possibly "fly-by-night". I would caution anyone against placing an order with this company.