The scoop on 'Bob Wells Nursery'

Bob Wells Nursery

Lindale, Texas 75771 (United States)

Visit Bob Wells Nursery at:

Comments:

Positive 13PointRanch
(Zone 8a)
January 31, 2014
Bob Wells has amazing fruit trees! We ordered two pear & two fig trees last fall, and what arrived, were the biggest, healthiest trees we've ever received by mail. These trees were 4-5 feet tall, with large trunks, yet cost less than what most nursery's charge for stick sized seedlings, and their flat rate shipping (27.50 for those four big trees) was very reasonable! FINALLY, a mail order source that actually sends you the large size trees they advertise!! :)
Positive ruow2000
Fredericksburg, TX
December 11, 2013
Me and my wife are currently setting up a farm around fredericksburg, TX and we purchased the bulk of our trees from Bob Wells nursery (Around 250 quite mature trees). At first we were hesitant to drive that far to go see what they had but we're surely glad we did. We got an amazing selection of trees and really awesome customer service. What made a big difference for us is that many respected online nurseries have a price list based on height and caliper size and their smaller size trees are really nicely priced, but when you need to buy larger trees that are already bearing, they charge you for every extra foot you get. We ended up with a large selection of much larger and more massive trees than we would have been able to get anywhere else for much cheaper. We can tell that they really care about having happy customer and we'd order from them in an heartbeat anytime. We're really pleased to have found this nursery.
Negative Bawduniak
Bellmead, TX
November 19, 2013
I purchased a large number of trees from them, paid to ship them to my town, but gopher cages for them and rented a backhoe and paid labor to plant them and all but one of them never leafed out. Although the nursery replaced the value of the trees, they would not replace shipping costs and required me to make a six-hour drive to pick up the replacement trees and were entirely unsympathetic to the massive costs that I incurred due to the dead trees they sold me. I felt that due to the trouble I had because of their bad product they sold me shipping cost should've been covered in the should've shipped the trees to me I was not happy with the service I received or the response I got
Positive Bueno
September 23, 2013
Beautiful, big, well pruned trees and a very reasonable price. Everyone who saw the trees were very impressed. I will gladly recommend them to my friends and family.
Positive rockytopfarm
Hallsville, TX
June 11, 2011
We have purchased our blueberry stock here for the last 17 years with great success. Bobby Wells is easy to work with and accommodating. His stock is always fresh and viable - we purchase here each year. We have recommended this source to many friends. We have recently bought peach trees with great satisfaction.
Positive SilverMoon1980
Locust Grove, OK
May 2, 2011
This was our third year ordering from Bob Wells Nursery. We have to date planted the following from Bob Wells: 50 Austin Dewberries, 50 Cherokee blackberries, 10 various apple trees, 8 peach trees, 2 plum trees, 2 fig trees, 2 black seedless grapes, and 3 pear trees. We are totally impressed with the quality of the plants, and the knowledge of the staff. We are located in a different area, and I grilled Mr. Wells pretty hard to be sure the rootstocks of our orchard trees were indeed what we requested, they are of course! All plants are thriving, they have earned a liflelong customer!!
Positive MARKTHA
Tyler, TX
April 8, 2011
We have purchased over 300 grape plants and 50 fruit trees over the last several years from Bob Wells. The service has been excellent, response to questions quick, and quality of plants has been great. We have measured the quality of plants after a years worth of growth, (how many are alive after one growing season). Purchased from Wells nursery is about 3% loss, plants purchased from larger home improvement stores is about 25% loss, from supercenter type retailers 60% loss. We now purchase all plants and trees from Bob Wells Nursery and highly recommend them.
Positive soleille
Little Elm, TX
March 23, 2011
We had a great experience with Bob Wells Nursery after we traveled to their location. We really appreciated and really loved the trees they set aside for us to pick up. We browsed for more products than we initially wanted because their nursery had healthy trees and plants. They also had great service and provided good information on all products they carried. They also carry shrubs and plants we cannot find near our location. It was well worth the trip to their location. Thank you Bob and the helpful staff....
Neutral gopals
Sidney, TX
February 18, 2011
This is my experience with this nursery: I ordered 235$ worth of trees and most of them look pretty good. There was some bark damage on a few of the pears that I am not happy with. They seemed a little unsure about the quality of their walnut trees, simply calling them "carpathian". A pecan I recieved looks decent, but not nearly as good as one I got from another nursery. They also accidentally overcharged me 200$ on my credit card, but when I called they were very friendly and apologetic. They are courteous and helpful. So far, my experience has been OK with them, I'm not feeling very confident I will buy much from them again. We'll see how the trees do.
Positive skaggs88
Spicewood, TX
February 8, 2011
Answered all my questions via e-mail and phone with a pleasant and helpful attitude- provided information regarding root stock for my area. Super, super fast shipping. Peach, apple, plum and persimmon trees all appear in great shape. Company offers a great variety of fruit trees and berries.
Positive dreaves
Hutto, TX (Zone 8b)
January 25, 2011
I've ordered peach trees and pecans from Bob Wells Nursery. Both have done quite well. The peaches were planted in 2004. They have produced peaches in 2008, 2009, and 2010. I used the recommendations from the nursery to for a rootstock and varieties that were appropriate for my central Texas area. The pecans are a little slower, but have grown well and look like they should start making pecans in the next year or two. I will buy from them again.
Positive Twinserk
Franklin, TN
December 22, 2010
I ordered a Fuji, Ein Sheimer, Anna, Winesap and Honeycrisp apple trees from him. They have been in the ground for a little under a year and are doing just fine with no known problems.

I also ordered a GA Bell Peach, Bounty Peach, Ayers Pear and Pineapple Pear trees and they have also been in the ground a little under a year with no known problems.

I also bought a Celeste Fig from him; it is still in a pot but is doing just fine. I would definitely recommend him to others as I plan on buying from him again.
Positive RMSsilva
1 Sam Houston Peach
1 LaFeliciana Peach
1 Junegold Peach
and 1 Sunred Nectarine
The fruit trees were an equal mix of 2 year and 5 gallon sized trees, so needless to say, this order arrived in a semi. It was shipped quickly and the charges for the shipment were fair.
Bob was very helpful with variety selection and hints for planting in our particular situation...the area where we wanted to put the trees can get very wet. He recommended planting on raised mounds, which has worked great. The only problem we have had with any of the trees is a mild case of Fireblight that developed on the Moonglow pear, which I was able to prune out. I will definitely buy from him again and recommend him to others.
Positive mrcircumspect
Waco, TX
August 28, 2008
I have ordered bare root tree stock and plants from all the major nurseries in North Texas. My experience with Bob Wells Nursery (2-3 sales interactions) ranks at the TOP of my experiences with nurseries. Their staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly and stock has been "as good and is generally better" than other comparable nurseries. Plants are wrapped well and shipped to survive truck or UPS transit in the ugly Texas weather. I rate them 5 stars. T. Irvine, Waco,Texas
Positive coral_923
Terrell, TX
May 10, 2008
I have purchased a number of fruit trees, berry plants, and pines from Bob and have been VERY happy with the service, price, and knowledge of the entire staff! I'll return year after year for my garden needs.
Positive debbietex
Magnolia, TX
March 14, 2008
I ordered 3 mimosa trees.
The trees arrived so fast.
The trees are beautiful. I did not expect such beautiful trees.
The shipping for 3 trees was only $19.50. They were packaged in a large box.
I will for sure do more business with this company.
This is the best company I have purchased plants/trees from.
Positive dave
January 31, 2008
Very helpful and knowledgeable staff. They helped me select the right varieties for my area, took my order, collected all the plants and even loaded them into my truck for me. :) I bought from them locally.
Positive idogcow
Franklinton, LA
December 20, 2006
I ordered several fruit trees last month. No problems with shipment. There was a little mix up about my order but it was easily straightened out. Good people to work with.
Positive wizard1234
April 22, 2003
Ordered bare-root pecan trees that arrived on time & in good condition.