The scoop on 'Santa Rosa Gardens'

Santa Rosa Gardens

Santa Rosa Gardens has 842 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Santa Rosa Gardens is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

Gulf Breeze, Florida 32562 (United States)

Phone: 1-866-681-0856

» Like them on Facebook

Company Comment, posted on May 1, 2008:
Santa Rosa Gardens is a family owned and operated business. Our love for plants shows in our quality and customer service. We stand behind every sale with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

If you have any questions or concerns about your plants, please donít hesitate to contact us at our Toll Free number:
1-866-681-0856.

Happy gardening!

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive Sherilou
Panhandle Gulf Coast, FL (Zone 8b)
July 29, 2014
Santa Rosa Gardens has great prices on plants and shipping as well as a wonderful selection to choose from. They processed my order quickly. The BUZZ Velvet Butterfly Bush is the most beautiful butterfly bush I've ever seen... healthy, too! I will order from them again, for sure. Thank you!
Positive ehunt123
Merrimack, NH (Zone 5b)
July 24, 2014
Ordered some grasses Tuesday morning. SRG shipped that day, UPS Ground. Arrived Friday. All plants were shipped professionally, healthy, in a protective netting, and packaged properly. There's a reason why they're top5 here and with many other gardeners. Would order from again anytime.
Positive Schwager
Pueblo, CO
July 19, 2014
What a delight! I was swayed by the flat shipping and sale prices, but didn't have very high expectations. What I received were reasonably sized plants well packaged. I will certainly purchase here again!
Positive jennwv11
FALLING WATERS, WV
July 15, 2014
This company is ONE OF THE BEST online plant store that I have ever came across. The prices are fair, plant size is generous, and shipping and handling is what impressed me the most. I only paid $5 for shipping but I would have gladly paid $20 for the care my plants received. I will definitely buy from them again!
Positive saturnalia
Winston Salem, NC
July 13, 2014
I placed my order with this company based on the reviews here and had a great experience. They were very responsive and easy to communicate with. One of my purchases was not going to be ready to ship until the fall and they contacted me promptly to let me know and to give me the option of an immediate refund if I didn't want to wait. They shipped fast, exactly when they said they would. The plants were good sized and are very healthy. I would definitely order from Santa Rosa again.
Positive joannjoann
Riverside, NJ
June 26, 2014
2nd year ordering from this company. very pleased. sadly, many of my plants did not survive the winter. without hesitation, santa rosa replaced the plants. dealing with jude is absolutely wonderful. she is so very nice to work with. highly recommend this company.
Positive rmds
Grant Township, MI (Zone 6a)
June 22, 2014
Posted on June 22, 2014, updated June 22, 2014
This is my first year ordering from SRG after finding it here on the "top" list..I've always ordered from Bluestone Perennials and a few other online nurseries for over 25 years.But SRG prices were much less and their plants were advertised as large and healthy.So I gave them a try. I've placed 4 orders this spring My first order was awesome.The plants were very large and the packing was impecible.I was so excited that I finally found "the" place to buy my perennials.I have over 2 acres on my new home and "live" to flower garden.My 2nd and 3rd orders were somewhat disappointing.The packing was not nearly as carefully packed and some plants were very small and a few sickly.I received 10 of the same plant with 6 being quite nice and 4 extremely small.12 of the same type of plants that I ordered needed to just be thrown out.I've noticed that the plants being sent are not consistent in their size and health.This is confusing to me.It is always like Christmas to me when my plants arrive and I am very excited to open the box to see my new plants!! But as I stated earlier,my joy turned to sadness when I seen some of the plants that I received after my first awesome order.But all this being said, if you love gardening flowers as I do,SRG is truly the BEST place to shop.They have the best customer service I've ever came across.Jude is awesome.She refunded every charge IMMEDIATELY for any plant that I was disappointed in-no questions asked.I also received a beautiful plant for free with my order to also compensate.I can't imagine anyone giving a "negative" or "neutral" rating for SRG.Jude in customer service can not be topped when it comes to making the customer happy.Because starting over with new plants at my new home is so very important to me after leaving 12 years of gardening behind at the old home,I've been quite a bit more fussy and verbal with SRG, which is out of my character,but Jude has treated my concerns with respect and kindness.So please do yourself a favor and buy from SRG.The sale prices are unbelievable and the customer service is unbeatable.I just placed an order for 64 more plants, that's how confident I am about buying from Santa Rosa Gardens even after the disappointments I've had.The plants may "fall short" at times , but Jude and their customer service never have.BUY HERE!! You will be happy that you did.
Rene' S.
On June 22nd, 2014, rmds added the following:

I just wanted to add that I moved to Grant Township,MI. The Zone here is 6 rather than 4 where I was living before.So I am ordering many new types of perennials now from SRG now that I am not as limited as I was in a Zone 4 area.And this is so exciting to receive many perennials that I have was unable to plant for many years.I lived in a Zone 6 area 15 years ago and missed so many of the perennials that I had back then.So with SRG, I am able to start again with prices within my budget!!
Positive AuntVi
Gainesville, FL (Zone 8b)
June 22, 2014
What a great and happy surprise. I had been 'burned' by less than stellar sites for gardens over the past several years and, honestly, expected nothing else after all this time. However, this company, Santa Rosa Gardens, is the BEST! I recently purchased 8 plants from them at their 'end of the season' sale. Normally, at the end of the season sale it would not be terribly surprising to receive some plants which did not live up to hopes and expectations. Not the case here! All of my plants (coneflowers) were healthy, well packed and received with explicit instructions for planting and future care. Although I am a long time gardener and did not need the instructions, I looked them over and any person new to gardening would be happy to receive such well written and explicit instructions. THANK YOU Santa Rosa Gardens. You will be receiving all of my future plant and garden supplies orders placed over the internet.

Virginia Sweet

Positive LonM
Boise, ID
June 21, 2014
Doing business with Santa Rosa is one of the more pleasurable experiences I've had! They have an excellent website, their products are fairly priced, they promptly deliver top quality products and recently, when some of their items went on sale right after I made a purchase, they provided a credit towards future purchases. That's service!

SR is a big leap above some others that have burned me with bad service and terrible merchandise (cough **House of Wesley** cough, cough).

I look forward to future trade with Santa Rosa. Highly recommended!
Positive OldGaGardener
Ila, GA
June 9, 2014
I ordered several times since finding this site last fall. I only wish I had found it sooner! Their plants are much larger (and healthier-looking) than those I received from other companies. Customer service is friendly but professional. And their plants arrive in good order, having been packaged simply (no plastic wrap! Yay!) but well. In my area in north Georgia, shipping live things can get tricky due to crazy weather fluctuations, but I have not been disappointed by Santa Rosa.
I definitely plan to return to this site for fall planting, over and over, as long as I have room to plant!
Positive rivermare
Lincoln, CA
June 5, 2014
Posted on June 3, 2014, updated June 5, 2014
I decided to try Santa Rosa Gardens based on reviews I've read from this site. I was disappointed.
Although they packed the plants very well, that was all that looked good. The plants were not very healthy - unexpected considering they waited 2 weeks to ship after I placed my order.
They also have this image on their website that said "BIG HEALTHY PLANTS" 16 oz soil volume. Fail. At least to me. They were not all healthy and they were definitely not all big. Sure, the soil could be 16 oz, but the plants that were in it looked really finky. I was so disappointed because their website really looked very well put together.
I am not going to buy from them again. There are better priced plants out there with better quality. I know this because I have spent over $5000 this season, having bought at least 35 trees and hundreds of smaller plants from several mail order. I started out with recommendations but then ventured into trying out several others. Surprisingly, those very highly recommended are the ones that disappointed me most. Lesson learned: one never really knows until they try.
On June 5th, 2014, rivermare changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

***UPDATE***
Jude from Santa Rosa Gardens reached out to me to understand what my disappointment was with their plants and after I shared that info, she provided an explanation for the outcome and refunded 3 of the smallish plants as I indicated. Even if I did not get the exact plants I desired, they have made the mail order process of buying and feedback pleasant for me.
I thank them for caring. I appreciate good sellers such as Santa Rosa.
Positive lilaclily
Lombard, IL (Zone 5a)
May 30, 2014
Posted on July 1, 2013, updated May 30, 2014
I have been ordering plants through the mail for over 15 years, and I cannot believe that I did not discover Santa Rosa Gardens until this year. But I now can't imagine ordering from any other company. I am THAT happy!!

I am overwhelmed by the quality and price offered by this company. I have to admit, I went a little crazy and ordered over 40 perennials. I added to my order several times. Jude was always courteous, knowledgeable, and speedy with her replies. My plants came large and lush and packed with love. Taking them out of the boxes was like Christmas coming early.

It is obvious to me that they deserve their ranking here. I can only echo what mostly everyone else has to say about Santa Rosa Gardens. Thank you for everything!
On May 30th, 2014, lilaclily added the following:

Second year ordering from Santa Rosa and all I can say is - what an outstanding experience from start to finish. Placed an order for 20 perennials and couldn't believe the large, healthy plants I received for the price. Some plants were already blooming with stalks over a foot tall and they survived shipping completely intact with not a leaf disturbed.

Love, love, LOVE Santa Rosa Gardens!
Positive plantgnome1
nowhere land, NY (Zone 6b)
May 26, 2014
Posted on July 2, 2013, updated May 26, 2014
Posted on August 18, 2012, updated July 2, 2013
Posted on September 16, 2011, updated August 18, 2012
Posted on September 27, 2010, updated September 16, 2011
Posted on September 4, 2010, updated September 27, 2010
I have been ordering from S.R.G for several years now and they never disappoint. The have the most reasonable prices around and their plants always perform in my gardens. Rarely one doesn't make it and it is replaced immediately by them. I especially like their 2.99 sale at the end of the summer. The plants are larger and the prices can't be beat. You have to use this company.
On September 27th, 2010, plantgnome1 added the following:

Since my last rating, I have received several more orders and all were in excellent condition, packaged well, the soil was moist and all plants were tagged. Excellent service as I add plants to existing orders within days of shipping and they always come thru. Will continue to purchase from this company for my all my gardens.
I also ordered from a competitor, who shall remain nameless at this time, and received sub standard Phlox Panaculata, yellowing Filipendula, panicum grass with dried out soil as well as soil all over inside the box, my free mystery plants were in better shape in my order than the ones I paid for.
I will start using SRG more and the competitor much less.
On September 16th, 2011, plantgnome1 added the following:

Well its September again and S.R.G fall sale is on-I purchased as many plants as I could afford (and have room for) and added some right before shipping and they came thru again. I am refurbishing the gardens at my daughters house and needed to purchase many items, so this sale is perfect for me. Their customer service is the best, friendly helpful and they let me know when certain plants are not available in enough time to order something else in their place. This year-even with the hurricane, 99% of their plants did not even get damaged because of strong root systems.Yes some plants arrive small, but in my experience these plants caught up to the others within a month with proper planting and feeding (I plant all new arrivals with Biotone starter). I never received a dead plant from them yet. I read the few negatives and some people really complain about everything-I guess you can't make 100% of the people happy all the time. Oh well, more plants for me!
On August 18th, 2012, plantgnome1 added the following:

Still one of my favorite companies for me and I order from several different companies every year. They make good on any plant that doesn't survive. Now shipping is a flat rate which is another plus. Still helping out my daughter with her gardens as the prior owners let everything go for about 4 years. This has turned into a monumental task and as I clear each space, I order from SRG as their prices are reasonable especially during their early sale this year. Yes lately, some of the plants are arriving quite small, but mostly they survive. You can't beat their ornamental grasses for price or health. Each online site I shop on have their specialties-this one really excels in the grasses. Will continue to give them my business.
On July 2nd, 2013, plantgnome1 added the following:

My rating will never change for this company-I have placed numerous Spring orders and all received in great shape and healthy. Some customer actually complained about Bargain Bench Hosta-they must be kidding-when your getting a $13.00 plant for 2.99-are you expecting a freshly dug and potted Hosta?? I have purchased numerous Hosta from the Bargain Bench and they are thriving-when you get a root bound plant just cut off the very bottom with garden shears, spread the roots with your hands and plant it. The ones I got this Spring are now huge. I have also had plants sent with wrong tags, have emailed Jude and received replacements free of charge with no questions asked. I have had a few not make it thru the winter, they were replaced free of charge. Shipping costs are the best in the market at this time-flat rate no matter how large your order is. Not like others who increase the shipping costs as your total goes up. As for Big Box store plants, some are diseased (most hosta are virused at the Big Box Stores) and they don't replace your plants.
I am happy with and will continue to fill up my gardens with SRG plants.
On May 26th, 2014, plantgnome1 added the following:

After this past horrible winter, I lost numerous plants and the ones I got from SRG have been replaced free of charge this Spring. This year their sale is not as it has been in the past. Bought a few plants but not the large orders I have placed in the past as the sale is limited to only some of the plants.
Positive HouseofFlowers
ROSLINDALE, MA
May 25, 2014
Posted on May 22, 2013, updated May 25, 2014
Posted on April 7, 2012, updated May 22, 2013
I just received an order from Santa Rosa, and just like last year, I was NOT disappointed with the quality of my plants!!! The plants were well packed, no bugs, soil was in place, plants were healthy and the root systems were exceptional. A couple of my items are on back order (I've never experienced this before with Santa Rosa) but I hope it will not be too long before they ship.
On May 22nd, 2013, HouseofFlowers added the following:

Placed another order, and they were huge with amazing root systems!!!! I was surprised to receive such large, robust basil plants. Awesome! This place will forever remain on my list of "go to" nurseries.
On May 25th, 2014, HouseofFlowers added the following:

My plants received from Santa Rosa this year were tall, bushy and healthy. Although they came from CA to MA, the soil was in place even after the delivery man placed the box upside down!!! I shouldn't be surprised anymore since this is my 3rd year ordering from them, but I always feel amazed. (This year one plant had a major branch break but I believe I can save it.)

Company representative comment on June 18, 2013:
On Jun 18, 2013 10:56 PM, Santa Rosa Gardens responded with:

Herbs were new to us this year, so feedback is important. Thanks and happy gardening!

Positive tailzzz24
Kutztown, PA
May 23, 2014
Posted on July 13, 2013, updated May 23, 2014
This was my first experience purchasing plants from Santa Rosa Gardens. I had ordered plants from several online nurseries before and wasn't sure what to expect for $2.99 per plant on sale. But since several of the plants I had been eyeing up and hoping to purchase this year were priced so irresistibly low, I decided to give it a go. I noticed too that even their regular prices were almost half that of other online nurseries and wondered if price and quality went hand in hand.

I couldn't have been more pleased when the plants arrived. Packaging was superb. Each individual plant came wrapped in heavy paper and encased in a mesh 'sleeve'. I had never seen such care being taken to protect a plant during the shipping process. Each and every plant was in good health, and none of them came sloppily sheared as has been my experience with other online nurseries in the past, even those online nurseries that charge the most.

When one of the plants I had ordered was out of stock, customer service contacted me immediately, allowing me time to decide on either a replacement plant or a refund, even shipping the rest of my order while I was making this decision. When I decided on a replacement plant, but then wanted to add another plant to my order as well, customer service actually included this additional plant as a 'free gift'. I was even more tickled when I opened the box to find that they'd included 2 more 'surprise' plants. The care they take towards their customers and their generosity go unsurpassed.

Santa Rosa is my new go-to online nursery. Their prices (even their regular prices) are unbeatable without sacrificing quality. Their flat rate shipping allows me to purchase more of the plants I want. And their customer service is delightfully caring. They without question outshine every other online nursery out there.
On May 23rd, 2014, tailzzz24 added the following:

I think I could do a commercial for this place. Just received my most recent order this past week - healthy plants that thrive, timely shipping (you'll always receive an email if there will be a delay), careful packaging, and outstanding customer service. Great selection of plants too. Love my heucheras especially! I've told both my sister and my neighbor about you, and my sister placed an order with you about a week ago.
Positive virginiarose
Posted on September 27, 2012, updated June 22, 2013
Posted on June 11, 2012, updated September 27, 2012
Posted on May 18, 2012, updated June 11, 2012
Posted on April 5, 2012, updated May 18, 2012
Got my order yesterday, Big healthy plants were still moist. Good packing also.
Company did send email and when shipped and they did arrive two days later. Also good Planting instructions.
Great job! I will do more business with SRG, also I was thrilled about the early bird discount. :)
On May 18th, 2012, virginiarose added the following:

Received another beautiful order from Santa Rosa, Could not resist the bargain bench. Great plants and customer service. Thank You. :)
On June 11th, 2012, virginiarose added the following:

Great sale, had to get 5 more Echinacea's! Smooth transaction, fast shipping, great packing, big healthy plants. I love this website, they never disappoint me!
I look forward to doing more business in future and would highly recommend them. :)
On September 27th, 2012, virginiarose added the following:

Love that 80% off sale and I got some painted ferns and a Coreopsis and foxglove. Great plants and packing as usual.
On June 22nd, 2013, virginiarose added the following:

I just got my second order from SRG for spring 2013. All the plants are wonderful, healthy and very big. I love the spring sales and look forward to fall. Packing by this company is always great.
I got plants from the 30% off sale and the 2.99 sale, I am very happy as usual. :)
On October 13th, 2013, virginiarose added the following:

I got a third order last week and it was great as always. Great sales!! What a wonderful year it has been. I love shopping on the website and the sales are terrific. I always recommend this company where ever I go. See you next year!
On May 18th, 2014, virginiarose added the following:

I got the order I put in during the pre-order sale fall 2013, it was a great sale. I got lots of new perennials, and such a wonderful selection. Good size plants and great packing as usual. Thank you SRG! Love the new website too.
Company representative comment on June 22, 2013:
On Jun 22, 2013 9:27 AM, Santa Rosa Gardens responded with:

Thank you for your continued support and have a wonderful summer! We look forward to helping you out with your gardening needs this fall.

Positive Mima56
Thayer, MO (Zone 6a)
May 11, 2014
I placed a first order with Santa Rosa Gardens, large by my standards, and was very pleased with the transaction and with my plants. I ordered 33 perennials. The packing was amazing, and the plants were big and healthy, with the exception of two that had a horrible fungus. But due to the packing, they never came in contact with the other plants. Whew! Too, I was missing one plant from my order. I emailed the company immediately, and knowing it was their super busy season told them "no rush". But I received my new plants in less than a week!

My plants have been in the ground for a month and are doing great. Two asclepias even started blooming within a week! I must say that I am very pleased with my first experience with Santa Rosa Gardens, and I shall order again, especially now that Bluestone Perrenials is out of my price range.
Positive catinthelap
Littleton, CO
May 9, 2014
Every time I order from Santa Rosa, I am rewarded with healthy, well-rooted plants that thrive in my Colorado clay. I just received my beautifully packaged shipment (why can't anyone else figure out how to flat-rate ship?) including the new Nepeta Junior Walker, which I have not found locally. All the plants are ready to go and grow! I love this nursery!
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
May 8, 2014
Posted on July 23, 2013, updated May 8, 2014
I placed an order with them last week & a very substantial one at that (close to 200!) - shipped yesterday & arrived today, the sizes are awesome, they look very healthy & I can't wait to get them all in the ground!! Packaging was flawless & very good, excellent communication! They will be my go-to nursery from now on!!
On May 8th, 2014, Bec_No_Va added the following:

Due to the cold winter we had I lost a couple of the plants...but, the ones that survived, oh my! They are growing like crazy and I'm already thinking about dividing them!! Ordered a few more fillers and they arrived a few days ago - great plants!!
Positive melody
Benton, KY (Zone 7a)
April 30, 2014
I'm very pleased with my shopping experience with Santa Rosa Gardens. They carefully waited to ship my order until after danger of frost had passed in my area. The plants were big, healthy and packed beautifully. They were obviously cared for with each one slipped into a protective net sleeve, as well as wrapped in a crush-proof layer of paper. There was absolutely no water stress as each plant arrived well hydrated and strong. They transplanted into my garden without a leaf out of place. Great job!
Positive mfast10
Jacksonville, FL
April 7, 2014
I ordered 6 perennials from Santa Rosa Gardens. They were packed well and arrived in good condition. They look healthy and have done well so far in the short time they have been in the ground.
Positive bj4dave
Spring, TX
April 6, 2014
My experience with Santa Rosa Gardens has been wonderful from beginning to end....The site is very informative and easy to shop in.... The staff is very helpful and when my plants arrived, they were carefully packed and healthy and beautiful...... I am already getting my next order together....You absolutely can not go wrong with Santa Rosa Gardens.....and the selection of plants is amazing..... bjmiller
Positive HazelCrestMikeB
Hazel Crest, IL (Zone 5a)
January 8, 2014
Ordered for the first time from SR last fall based on the recommendation of "Virginiarose". I was very pleased with the quality of the plants that I received. Both of my banana plants are doing good indoors. Can't wait for spring to get them out doors. Anticipating many blooms from the other plants in the ground also. Highly recommend!!!!! Mike Burton
Positive DanSpitz_Guitar
Bellport, NY
October 26, 2013
This is a great company....impressive website with a big selection of interesting and nice stuff...I placed a couple of orders with them...the items were VERY well-packaged---(carefully and intelligently packaged)...the items shipped out within just a couple of days of placing my order....the items arrived here at my place---not huge items, but really healthy looking...I've planted them items and they are doing well...I ordered a Buddleia from them and it's looking so cute and healthy planted in the ground...they have REALLY good prices on a lot of their items, too....this is a great company and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Santa Rosa Gardens....5 out of 5 stars !
Positive Wiberg2006
Kennewick, WA (Zone 6b)
October 10, 2013
I ordered 10 grasses late in the season at an absolutely great price. They came very well packaged, on time, and very healthy. Perfect. I had been looking locally for these grasses and they are hard to come by. They seem to be doing well, despite very high winds (gusts to 40 mph) and a torrential downpour two nights after they were planted. I will be ordering from Santa Rosa Gardens again.
Positive vbmacias
Asheville, NC
September 11, 2013
WOW! I am a big believer in mail order garden resources but know that you don't always get what you pay for. That said, Watchdog 30 companies are pretty reliable. I had never ordered from Santa Rosa Gardens before so only ordered some clearance items. The plants arrived today and I am really impressed. The plants are all healthy and a good-to-great size. The packaging was the best that I have ever seen. If these plants don't thrive, it will be my fault. I will definitely be back. Sometimes you get much more than you pay for. Well done Santa Rosa Gardens!
Positive MarcBate
New York, NY (Zone 7a)
September 8, 2013
Ordered 52 perennials and ornamental grasses and only 6 didn't make it, however, they were great about giving me store credit for them, and even threw in a $10 hydrangea I ordered as a free gift when I recently placed my second order. Highly recommended.
Positive janice930
Columbus, MS
August 26, 2013
This is the best company I have ever ordered from. They sent the plants out the day I ordered and I received them a few days later. The packing was great and I couldn't have went to a store in town and got better looking plants.
Positive cakelady04
Burbank, IL
August 12, 2013
Posted on June 27, 2010, updated August 12, 2013
I ordered plants from this company in May , with some hesitation. I've never ordered plants from mail order before. I was so excited when my plants arrived. Not only were they large size plants for the price ( very reasonable) ,but they were also very healthy . The company also provides an info sheet on how to plant them. I was unable to plant my entire order right away, & still the plants held their own. Now they look great in my garden! I can't say enough good things about my experience. I WILL DEFINITELY ORDER FROM SANTA ROSA GARDENS AGAIN!!!
On August 12th, 2013, cakelady04 added the following:

I believe this is my 3rd yr. ordering from Santa Rosa Gardens and I absolutely love this company. I don't always comment, but I felt I had to. They never stop amazing me with their products, and their customer service. I ordered 1 hibiscus,2 gaura, 5 sisyrianchium angustifolium, just to name a few. They are all doing beautifully. My hibiscus has so many blooms,I can't believe I planted it this yr. and the baby joe is lovely and already 2.5ft. tall. Eveyone comments on how stunning my garden looks with all the healthy plant, and I tell them it's thanks to Santa Rosa Gardens. Thank you SRG.
Positive goodgrowing
Dexter, MO
August 5, 2013
I placed several orders with Santa Rosa this Spring and another one today. The plants arrived in outstanding condition and just took off growing. Jude at customer relations was very helpful in solving ordering and shipping questions. This is an excellent company with excellent plants and service and very fair prices! Oh and did I mention the grasses? They have the best.
Positive Cinnamon31
Broken Arrow, OK (Zone 6b)
August 1, 2013
We ordered lavender & echinacea plants from Santa Rosa Gardens just over a month ago. They were packaged beautifully, are extremely healthy & everything was shipped quickly. Outstanding plants & service, thank you very much :)
Positive blondaflicka
Union, IL
August 1, 2013
ordered plants on Tuesday ,,received TODAY !( THURSDAY !!!!) They are beautiful and nearly the size of my garden centers that they have priced 3 times more ,I will not order from any other company again ! Packed beautifully !
Will not hesitate to order from them in future !
THANK YOU !
Positive jessflowergirl
Fort Bragg, CA
July 18, 2013
WOW. I ordered a variety of plants on sale, received them within about two weeks of placing my order. All of the plants I ordered arrived in great condition, but one of my plants was held up with CA dept of Ag for some bugs they found. Because I only paid 1.99 for it, I wasn't concerned and wasn't even going to bother sending an email requesting replacement. Little did I know that the dept of ag let them know about my plant, and I received an email stating a replacement order had shipped. Not only did they send me a beautiful huge replacement plant, they sent me two free plants as well! I am very very impressed. Can I also say how much I love the sale prices!! It allows for gardeners like myself to try new plants without huge risk. I highly recommend Santa Rosa Gardens.
Positive notmyhand
Muncy, PA
July 17, 2013
My go-to online nursery! Amazing plants that always thrive from the get-go, good selection, and great customer service! Does not get any better! Thank you for all of the wonderful plants you have provided!
Positive jfkiii
UNION MILLS, NC
July 15, 2013
I placed my first order with Santa Rosa Gardens ; it won't be the last! Perfect packaging, with obvious great care to assure no damage in transit. Their sale prices are compelling.
Thanks for the great service and perfect healthy large plants.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
July 3, 2013
Posted on October 4, 2012, updated July 3, 2013
Amazing quality plants for the price. They have an excellent selection of sedums and ornamental grasses, all of which consistently arrive in perfect condition and healthy.

All plants I have ordered from Santa Rosa this year have settled in nicely, even with the extreme weather conditions (heat and drought).

Their spring and fall end-of-season sales are extraordinary bargains and cannot be beat by any other mail order nursery.

If only they would expand their selection of perennials to include more hardy geraniums and more unusual perennials, they would be a nearly perfect mail order nursery!

On July 3rd, 2013, Ispahan added the following:

Again, I have nothing to criticize about this wonderful company and I mail order from many, many nurseries. Prices, customer service, packing, shipping costs and quality/size of plant material are all thoroughly excellent. I only wish I had seized the opportunity to order even more Geranium 'Rozanne' from the end of season sale before they were sold out!

Santa Rosa, please look into expanding your selections of hardy geraniums and unusual perennials! I would love to see you offer:
--Geraniums like 'Lilac Ice', 'Bevan's Variety', 'Sweet Heidi', 'Syabru', 'Orion', 'Brookside', 'Crystal Lake', etc.
--Thalictrums like 'Splendide', 'Black Stockings', 'Evening Star' and 'Hewitt's Double' as well as T. rochebruneanum
--more cultivars of Phlox divaricata
--Agastaches like 'Blue Blazes' and 'Ava'

And many other things! Keep up the excellent work, excellent quality and excellent prices!
Positive pattygreengenes
Lansdale, PA
July 1, 2013
Posted on June 15, 2012, updated July 1, 2013
Posted on April 30, 2012, updated June 15, 2012
Posted on June 26, 2011, updated April 30, 2012
I ordered from them for the first time recently, just a few sale items. Shipping was timely (I live on the East Coast) and the plants were well packaged and of good size for the price. Will order from them in again the future.
On April 30th, 2012, pattygreengenes added the following:

Received my 2012 order last week. Carefully packaged as usual. They confirm your order and keep you up to date on the shipping status. An excellent company. The morning glory I ordered, though, was infested with whitefly and I think I will have to dump it.
On June 15th, 2012, pattygreengenes added the following:

Ordered another 10 or so plants. Santa Rosa and Lazy SS are my to two favorite sources. The plants I received are healthy, well packed and the shipping was very fast considering it had to cross the entire country. Love these guys - deserve their top 5 status.

Also, the morning glory has recovered now that it is outside and is blooming.
On July 1st, 2013, pattygreengenes added the following:

Santa Rosa has replaced Bluestone in my heart as a source of inexpensive but healthy plant material. I love the sales as they give me an opportunity to try out plants that might be a bit iffy in my zone without spending a lot of money. Their communication is always prompt and the plants carefully packaged. I recommend them to everyone.

This year I bought:

Posted on November 2, 2012, updated March 9, 2013
Posted on October 12, 2012, updated November 2, 2012
Posted on October 4, 2012, updated October 12, 2012
Posted on July 1, 2012, updated October 4, 2012
I had come across Santa Rosa several times in the past while researching plants on the net but had never ordered from them as their prices seemed "too good to be true" (especially the end-of-season sale prices - wow!!). After recently coming across them again, I checked them out on Dave's and promptly placed an order for approximately 30 plants due to their great reputation here. Well, I could not possibly be happier!

Customer service has been absolutely wonderful (thank you, Jude, for all of your help and for your patience - you're terrific!!). They kept me informed on the status of my order, answered questions in a quick and friendly manner, and they shipped my order out promptly. Every single plant arrived healthy, robust and with a full, well-developed root system and each was sleeved in its own "sock" for added protection. Also, the shipping fee is amongst the lowest I have seen ($7.99 flat fee with optional 2-day or next-day air). Based on the price, the plants, the vast selection, the packaging, and the customer service, Santa Rosa is now one of only two nurseries that I will always check first when placing an order. Thank you, Santa Rosa, for the great service - you are truly a 5 star nursery!

On October 4th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed an autumn order and received it last week. Every plant has a robust root system and all looked great except for one Gaillardia who did not travel as well as its companions. I emailed Jude on arrival and was immediately offered a replacement. I requested a few days, however, to watch this particular plant. I am happy to say that I emailed Jude this evening cancelling the replacement as the Gaillardia has fully rebounded and now looks as good everyone else (healthy roots = healthy plants). I have already placed another order due to ship on Monday. Great plants at great prices coupled with quick, responsive customer service make SRG a gem of a nursery!
On October 12th, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I received the next order and, as before, every plant looks great! The plants that I received two weeks ago have all transitioned well in my garden, are rapidly putting on size, and many are sending up buds. Santa Rosa is fantastic!!
On November 2nd, 2012, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed another order earlier this week that arrived today. Although it is late in the season and I purchased sale plants, each and every plant looks fantastic - truly an exceptional delivery. I cannot recommend Santa Rosa highly enough - I will definitely place more orders with them in the future. Also, the plants I received 3 weeks ago have not only settled in, but they have grown considerably (doubled in size or more) and at least half are blooming! Thanks, Santa Rosa, for offering such healthy, robust plants at great prices and thank you, Jude, for always keeping me up to date on the status of my order and getting back to me so quickly whenever I have had a question.

On March 9th, 2013, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed an order for 24 plants on 2/1 for early spring/March shipping. The plants were shipped last Monday or Tuesday (I received a ship notice on both days - perhaps it is due to there being 2 boxes shipped?) and I received them on Thursday. UPS left my boxes in the middle of a shared driveway (not at my house), the smaller box was upside down, and the plants in the smaller box appeared to have suffered a difficult ride (1 was even out of its pot). Thankfully, SRG had wrapped and packed the plants well and all 21 plants arrived green and moist. I did email Jude just in case the upended plants go into shock and she emailed me back immediately - thank you, Jude, you are fantastic - but, as of last night, they were all resting comfortably in the greenhouse.

I was notified on Tuesday (after shipping) that 3 of the 24 plants were on backorder (hence, receiving 21) and I only wish they had notified me prior to shipping so that I could have substituted similar cultivars that are in stock for the ones that were not ready yet. Still, a very positive review and I have already placed another order to fill in another section of garden.

Santa Rosa Garden has great prices, fantastic customer service (Jude is the best), and packaging that survives the perils of shipping. All of the plants that I have received have, without fail, been well-rooted and healthy. Truly 10 stars! Oh, and many of the perennials that I purchased late last year from SRG are already huge - no sleep, creep and leap for them! Again, a fantastic nursery to do business with!!

On March 15th, 2013, Old_Gardener added the following:

I received another order today. As always, everything was well-packed and the plants look great!
On June 28th, 2013, Old_Gardener added the following:

I received another order mid-June and am expecting my final Spring/Summer order for this year today. As before, the previous order was absolutely lovely out of the box (I emailed with a question about one plant and received a response from Jude within an hour or so - no issue with the plant). Between this nursery and one other (each carry a very different selection of plants), I have been able to re-do much of the front yard and am halfway through the back - and at a very reasonable cost. Thanks, SRG, for the great quality and customer service! You are always the first place I look, now, when shopping for perennials. I'll be ordering more come autumn.
Positive obliqua
Pittsburgh, PA
June 28, 2013
I often buy plants online, as a first time buyer at Santa Rosa, their quality is "beyond" the best I have ever received!!!!! These are $2.99 plants, and I did not expect such large beautiful plants. I ordered a number of "pia" hydrangea, which were lush and healthy. Where I live, these same size plants sell for $34!!!! I am in shock! I will spread the word.
The packaging is great and the postage is very reasonable.
Thanks Santa Rosa, you have another satisfied customer, who cannot say enough good things about your plants and service!!!!!
Positive COgardener2675
Fort Collins, CO
June 21, 2013
I buy via mail order frequently - but have never recv'd plants in such amazing condition. Each plant had a little "sock" around it, hand wrapped in brown paper, and obviously spritzed with water for their trip to CO. (they brown paper was still moist)
They came in perfect condition! The Guara had buds and the grasses were 2 ft tall! I was so impressed I immediately placed another order. Oh -- did I say these were their "SALE" plants and cost $2.99 or less? Flat rate shipping of $7.99 AND from my 1st order got a $5.00 off coupon. They are now in my list of favorite suppliers.
Company representative comment on June 21, 2013:
On Jun 21, 2013 3:49 PM, Santa Rosa Gardens responded with:

Glad to have you as a new customer! Happy gardening!