The scoop on 'Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com)'

Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com)

2440 East Commercial Blvd.
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33308 (United States)

Fax: (954) 565- 5652

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

No positives

Comments:

Negative stormy2437
Lexington, KY
February 18, 2014
Posted on February 5, 2013, updated February 18, 2014
On March 1, 2011 our company ordered 32 benches from Florida Plants Online. We sent a check in the amount of $12,285.00 which included shipping to Mr. Joseph Fulghum that was deposited into his account on March 9, 2011. Mr. Fulghum was very helpful and accessible until we requested the shipment of these benches. We never received the benches and had to order them from the manufacturer. After trying for months to get our money back, we filed a complaint with the Broward County Sheriff office. Mr. Fulghum was arrested on grand theft and is scheduled to go on trail in March 2013.
On February 18th, 2014, stormy2437 added the following:

Mr. Fulghum was convicted, by plea, to grand theft in the third degree on 04/3/13. He is on probation for five years and must make restitution to our company. He makes monthly payments now, but his probation will automatically terminate upon full payment of this restitution.
Negative CamanoGardner
Camano, WA
July 23, 2012
Posted on July 23, 2012, updated July 23, 2012
In 2001, I had to file with the BBB in Florida after Joey Fulghum would not mail me the bird bath I paid for nor would return my money. I don't know why the State of Florida lets them do business. As you can see from others they rip people off right and left. The case number is 8396 filed with the Broward County of Consumer Affairs Division. Thank you for providing a website that lets others know of con artists. He stole $230.00 from me and still seems to be getting away with it.One hopes Karma will come knocking at his door..
On July 23rd, 2012, CamanoGardner added the following:

Judy Cosner. At that time I lived in California. You received a letter from Lelia Roberts, Supervisor Division of Consumer Affairs, dated July 19, 2001. She replied back to me that you did not respond. Also, I notified the National Froud Center/Internet Fraud Watch and sent you a copy of the complaint dated July 24, 2001.
I doubt you will be able to show me a credit because it does not exist..
Company representative comment on October 4, 2012:
On Jul 23, 2012 2:21 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) responded with:

I haven't any idea who this person is, since they do not bother to sign a name.
If this individual wishes to reply, we will certainly advise him or her of the Credit they received long ago.

Is there a website that shows any mistake this hostile person makes.
I bet there is

On Oct 4, 2012 3:04 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Judy Cosner, you must be leading a full life. To think that you are consumed by an 11 year old ored that was not delivered is really amazing. I imagine you might be buying web domain names in order to punish those who you think have somehow wronged you. I told you I don't want your money and never did. However, those records are 11 years old. I can't obtain copies of our processing statements from 11 years ago. The Federal Government is currently reviewing the practice of online reviews and the detriment to business. I'm sure Sears or American Airlines averaged more than one complaint a year during the last 12 years.

Negative table39
Nanaimo
Canada
April 9, 2011
On July 26,2010 I ordered a 39" white cast aluminium table from Forida Plants Online. My credit card was charged 345.00 for the table, which I still haven't received. On Aug.13/10 I inquired by e-mail about the delivery date, Joseph Fulghum e-mailed back and said the delivery time would be 6-8 weeks. Since then I have e-mailed and called numerous times and left messages but nobody responded.
On Feb.12/11 I phoned and spoke with Joe, he said he would get back to us on Monday Feb.14/11, but we haven't heard from him or anybody else.
I wish I would have read this page before doing business with Florida Plants Online (Joseph Fulghum and Leigh Fulghum)
Negative rfriedkc
Kansas City, MO
February 11, 2011
On December 9th, 2010 I ordered a Brass Baron fountain sculpture from this company for $550. Prior to the sale Joseph Fulgham was very helpful and responsive. Once the transaction was completed however all replies to my inquires ceased.

I have notified them by email that I am canceling the order and have initiated a dispute with my credit card company.

After reading the reviews here I'm not very hopeful of a satisfactory result with this vender,
Company representative comment on July 12, 2012:
On Jul 12, 2012 3:17 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) responded with:

Customer received a credit to their Card long ago,
but, of course did not follow up here with a posting.

Negative _Jane
White Rock
Canada
July 20, 2010
In May 2010 I ordered a $ 400.00 Fern Bench for Florida Plants Online. I wish I had found this page before I purchased it. I have done a lot of shopping over the internet and have never had a problem.
My story follows in much the same manner as the others with promises of delivery and even freight quotes. This is one of the latest email. Still no bench.
"He called me this morning and said the Bench would be delivered to Blaine tomorrow. I had tried to work with the freightcenter shipper, but the manufacturer had already sent the bench with his driver, who was going to CA and the WA."

888-752 6882 Toll Free
954-922-2066 Ph/Fax
Negative khamera
Needham, MA
July 14, 2010
I purchased a patio table in May 2009 and have yet receive the product. Three telephone calls and two emails later in which Joseph Fulghum promised to provide status update on the product (never did) and finally a refund (yet to receive after 2 months), I have turned this over to the my credit card co. Investigative Solution Dept. The BBB (Better Business Bureau gives this business an F (F being the worst rating). Mr. Fulghum attempts to protect Leigh Fulghum is "interesting" as the The BBB lists Ms. Leigh Fulghum as the Principal/President of the company. As such, she is complicit and ultimately reponsible for the company's business practice.

Company representative comment on July 12, 2012:
On Jul 12, 2012 3:20 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) responded with:

This customer has long since received a credit to her Card, but did not update that information to this customer who does not list her name here.

Negative RosenthalHomes
Washington, DC
April 21, 2010
Posted on December 23, 2009, updated April 21, 2010
Posted on December 15, 2009, updated December 23, 2009
Florida Plants Online (Joseph Fulghum and Leigh Fulghum) have been a terrible company to work with. We ordered two expensive Garden Urns from them on 10/19/09 and agreed to pay for them in full, by check for $2262.00 even though doing so made us uneasy. The agreed upon lead time for the urns to ship was 6 weeks, which would have been 12/1/09, just in time for our client's house warming party. On 12/1/09 I inquired about the urns, to which Joseph responded he would check with the manufacturer. It is now 12/15/09, two weeks later, and Joseph has disappeared. Joseph does not return phone calls, emails or voice messages. He cashed our check and has not provided us with the merchandise.

We are now moving towards legal action against Joseph Fulghum and Leigh Fulghum. We consider Leigh Fulghum to be equally named in this action as the check for the merchandise was written directly to that name.
On December 23rd, 2009, RosenthalHomes added the following:

As of 12.23.09 we are now over nine weeks of lead time and have yet to hear back from Joseph Fulghum regarding the definite delivery of our order or the status of a refund. On 12.16.09 after repeated faxes, emails, and voicemails, Joseph responded to my pleas by email saying that my complaint on this website was premature and that he would be hearing back from his supplier that day. One week later and additional phonecalls, emails and voicemails are again going unanswered. This forum seems to be the only way to get him to respond. It's quite unfortunate that Florida Plants Online (Joseph and Leigh Fulghum) continues to conduct business this way.
On April 21st, 2010, RosenthalHomes added the following:

As of 4.21.09 we have not received the urns we ordered or a return of the funds we provided to Joseph and Leigh Fulghum to order the urns for us.

What a disappointment this entire situation has become. Florida Plants Online is unreliable, and will take your money but never deliver a product or have the courtesy to answer an email or phonecall inquiring about your order.

Do not order from this company. Florida Plants Online is not a company to be trusted. DO NOT ORDER FROM FLORIDA PLANTS ONLINE.
Company representative comment on July 12, 2012:
On Jul 12, 2012 3:25 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) responded with:

This move by Rosenthal Homes was of course rejected by the Court.
In researching the information, it appears that Rosenthal Homes has its own share of lawsuits and judgements, so the idea of attcking my company seems to have its roots in their own need to meet judgements against Rosenthal Homes

Negative larobi
Great Falls, VA
February 26, 2010
Posted on August 22, 2006, updated February 26, 2010
I purchased a $5,000 fountain from Florida Plants Online in February (I thought it was suspicious at the time that they would only accept a check-no credit card payment!) Now that I want the fountain to be delivered they are unresponsive to my numerous calls. I welcome the company to call me to work out something, otherwise I plan legal action. Please beware of this company. So many negative ratings about one company surely means something is amiss. If you must buy from them insist on using a credit card.
On October 2nd, 2006, larobi added the following:

I am interested in filing a lawsuit against FPO, but do not live in the Fort Lauderdale area. If there is anyone down south who can recommend a good attorney, or who wants to partner in a lawsuit, please call me on my business line at (703) 856-5333. Thanks.
On February 26th, 2010, larobi added the following:

I would like to update my experience with Florida Plants Online. As Joe mentions below, I did finally receive my fountain, however, it was with great difficulty. I ultimately contacted Detective Scott Neily of the Florida Police Department who was very familiar with Florida Plants Online. In addition, I filed a complaint with the Florida Attorney General. I was told that if enough complaints are filed, Florida Plants Online, will be investigated. I also filed a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (go to ic3.gov), and with the Florida Better Business Bureau.

Dawn McCandless, if you are reading this, please contact me again. The number you left me does not work and I have further information that may be of interest to you.
-Laura Robinson

On Sep 13, 2007 11:14 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

I have contacted Laura Robinson. The Fountain was located and shipped to her this Summer.

Florida Plants Online Garden Catalog

It should be noted that the Florida Plants Online Catalog is run by me, Joseph Fulghum. Any references to Leigh Fulghum are unfounded. These postings should in no way reflect upon the excellent work by Leigh Fulghum at:

On Jan 31, 2008 10:52 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Laura Robinson of the Chesapeake Contsruction Company has long since received the Fountain she ordered, delivered in good condition. Although several requests have been made, neither Laura Robinson, nor The Chesapeake Construction Company will do the right thing and correct the false impression they are giving.

On Jul 12, 2012 3:21 PM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Laura, please update the Public to the fact that your Company long ago receieved delivery of this Fountain

Negative sarree5
Wheatland, CA
February 17, 2010
My husband and I own a commercial landscape co. in northern ca. We ordered pots from Florida Plants at an architect's insistence for a very prominent coffee shop storefront. Needless to say we never received the ordered pots. The pots were promised with in six to eight weeks upon payment. The payment was charged to our bank account, however we never received a receipt or conformation of our order and were never able to reach anyone with this company again. We were charged for these pots in August of 2009. It is now February 2010. MULTIPLE attempts have been made to contact anyone with F.P., but we have not received a response to any of our emails or messages left with their answering service. We have since advised the architect and our general contractor not to use Florida Plants as a supplier for any job. I would advise anyone else to do the same. Because of Florida Plant's incompetence the entire job was held up while we found a suitable replacement for the undelivered pots. As of February 16, 2010 we have yet to receive a refund or any explanation for this unacceptable situation. Sarah Reese (I am putting my full name because I have nothing to hide Mr. Leigh Fughum)
Neutral gbruck50
Twin Lake, MI
April 3, 2007
My wife ordered a rectangular wrought iron end table from Florida Plants Online on December 18, 2006. The price was $105 which was deducted from our Paypal account right away. The table has never arrived. We have contacted Florida Plants Online several times by email and by phone. He tells us to just wait as the table will arrive but it never does. By keeping a customer waiting it makes it harder to get your credit card company to refund your money. Each time Florida Plants Online, Joseph Fulghun, has promised to refund the $105 but never does. Do not buy anything from Florida Plants Online as you may not receive your order or your money. The owner is dishonest.
On April 21st, 2007, gbruck50 added the following:

I have contacted Florida Plants Online previous to the following dates. I have called Leigh (Joseph) Fulghum by phone on March 9, March 20, March 27, and April 3, 2007. Each time he has promised he was refunding the $105.00. On April 3 he told me he had sent a check to refund my money. Even though he has promised that he will refund the money every time I talk with him, it never arrives. I have rarely seen anyone who can lie so easily. I hope others who did not get their order from Fulghum did get a refund but I seriously doubt it, as I have not received the refund he always promises. Very dishonest and fraudulent person.
On July 13th, 2007, gbruck50 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

On July 13, 2007, I received a phone call from Joseph Fulghum, Florida Plants Online, asking me to add to my post stating that I did receive a refund of our money for the wrought iron end table that was never delivered. We did get the refund of our money 5 months later on May 29, 2007. On the phone Mr. Fulghum stated the order had been canceled by us because we did not want to pay the freight and that is not true. The table was never delivered.
CC: Scott Neily

On Sep 13, 2007 11:04 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

This order was cancelled because the customer did not want to pay the required freight amount.

Negative Stegmas
Cincinnati, OH
March 11, 2007
I placed an order with Florida Plants Online for a fountian. Joeseph Fulghum accepted my 1400.00 payment on 11/28/2006 but he never actually ordered it from the manufacture or as of 3/10/2007 refunded my money. He does not return telephone calls or answer e-mails. He is a dishonest person who conducts business in a fraudulant manner. I felt comsumers who look to the website for advice should be aware of the unethical business practices of Jopesh Fulghum and Florida Plants online.

On Sep 13, 2007 10:28 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Mr. & Mrs. Stegman have received their refund in full in the form of a Cashier's Check.

Negative JWU
Slater, IA
November 21, 2006
I ordered three books from Florida Plants Online but only received one book. I called Joseph more than five times and he said the other books are on the way. After one and half month of my payment, I have not got my books yet. On Nov 21, 2006, I found that floridaplants.com has been closed on the web and the phone no. for Florida Plants Online has been disconnected. Can someone find out where this company owner now lives? Has he filed for bankrupcy?
Company representative comment on January 31, 2008:

On Sep 13, 2007 11:08 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

This customer not only received his books, but he received a chargeback for the sale. Furthermore, he has refused to respond to e-mail and telephone calls.

On Jan 31, 2008 11:09 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Jiangang Wu, also known as Jeff Wu has received the books he ordered, including the books on Hydroponic Gardening. Jiangang Wu requested and received a chargeback fro his Card Company. As of today, Jiangang Wu, also known as Jeff Wu, has never paid for the books he received from our bookstore. Happy hydroponic gardening Jiangang Wu.

Negative pochco
Portland, ME
August 11, 2006
We ordered 12 Flower pots 8/05 worth over $3000.00 for a job in Saco Maine. We sent check, owner cashed check 8/9. Company never sent flower pots, continually attempted to communicate from 03/06 to present, no response. We are currently 8/06 working with BBB and Ft.Lauderdale police to file Fraud charges. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!! THEY ARE UNSCROUPULOUS !!!!!
There is no Pochco in Portland, Maine

Below is a ludicrous claim that my company cashed a check for an order placed 4 days ago and didn't send merchandise.

We have never heard of this entity.

Another negative comment on this site came from a guy who stole our merchandise outright, etc.
On Sep 13, 2007 11:15 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Neutral Rfreda
Saint Petersburg, FL
March 30, 2006
I have placed my order with Florida Plants Online for Mangrove seelings and seeds a year ago next month and have not had my order filled, account credited, or even received a response from them. I paid online through 2Checkout.com and followed up with them a short time after. They responded and told me the seelings were not in stock and had to wait until they receive them. My account number on record is #1863638531. I have sent numerous emails recently (past month or two) asking for at least a response about my order and have not received one. I have tried calling but do not get an answer. The order was a gift for a dear friend and was to be deilvered directly to him for his birthday last year. How embarassing it is trying to explain what happened when I don't have an answer. He thinks I was ripped off. I still have faith that I will hear from them some day. How nice it would be to receive the order for this years birthday on April 6th. I would still like the order to be filled if possible, but most of all, I would like some kind of response explaining what my options are. If they can't fill my order, and crediting my account $74.20 is the only option, I would accept it and end this transaction after being in the dark for so long. I think waiting for an order to be filled for a whole year is unacceptable. If they have to procure the seelings, I should have received a call explaining the delay and a time when I should expect them. Their customer service is nonexistent and I wonder if they are a real company. They still have a web site and I assume they're currently conducting business. I'm posting this hoping to elicit some kind of response from Florida Plants Online. I don't know where else to turn. Thank you for providing this forum.

Sincerely,
Richard Freda
On May 3rd, 2006, Rfreda changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

May 3, 2006
I just got off the phone and spoke with a representative about my order. He explained the difficulty of acquiring the mangrove seedlings and seeds and will refund my order. I appreciated his honesty and their attempt to complete the order by searching other growers in Florida. It was the first time I actually spoke with a representative and got some results. The other times I emailed or left messages. It was nice to finally speak with someone in person and have some closure with my order. This probably wouldn't have taken 13 months to resolve had I not been very patient waiting for them to contact me. All said and done, I probably would still order from them in the future.

Sincerely, Richard Freda
On August 30th, 2006, Rfreda changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

I can't believe it's been three months since I changed my feedback to neutral after talking with Joseph about crediting my account which has still NOT been credited. They have not attempted to contact me and I have left numerous ways to get a hold of me via email and phone messages. I have even requested 2 Checkout .com to notify them on numerous occaisions and they cc'd me every time they sent a message asking FPO to contact me and credit my account. It took me a year and a month of no responses before I gave up ever having my order filled and now I'm wondering if it will take another year for them to credit my account. What do I have to do? And Why do they answer everybody elses feedback but mine?? Sorry in St. Pete, Richard Freda
On September 21st, 2006, Rfreda added the following:

I still have not received a response from Florida Plants online. Since my last post above, I have faxed them, emailed them, and left messages on the phone. All I want is for them to credit my account and be over with it. It seems they are intentionally avoiding me. I will never order from them again. Avoid this company at all costs. They are not to be trusted with your order, and it will take years to resolve.

Irritated in St. Pete,
On November 7th, 2006, Rfreda added the following:

November 7th 2006.
To date I still have not been reimbursed for my order from April of 2005 that they admit cannot be filled. Last week I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Southeast Florida. Check out their site: http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&s...
The Bureau processed 25 complaints about Florida Plants Online in the last 36 months. Of the 25, only 7 were closed in the last 12 months. Stay away from this company at all cost. You will have to deal with poor sales practices, poor delivery issues, poor response issues, poor product issues, and poor contract issues.....................Good luck should you decide to order from them.
St. Petersburg, Florida
On April 5th, 2007, Rfreda changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

Yesterday I received a check from Joseph of Florida Plants Online for a full refund of the order they were unable to fill. There was difficulty procuring seeds and seedlings of an exotic, state protected plant, which I can understand. There's probably no real good reason why it took two years to receive my refund, but I nontheless, I always remained confident I would receive it, especially after I personnally spoke with Joseph and he assured me I would. To order special items in the future, I would call them and ask about the availability rather than order directly online. Thank you Joseph for keeping your word. Richard Freda

On Sep 13, 2007 11:16 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Negative wlduff
Greeley, CO
June 29, 2005
At the end of April 2005, I placed an order for 2 Topiaries with Florida Plants Online. My Visa account shows that Florida Plants billed my account for $112, on May 13. It is now June 29, 2005 and I still have not received my order.

I have repeatedly contacted (by e-mail and telephone) Florida Plants Online regarding the status of my order. Florida Plants have told me that "my order will be shipped", "my order has been shipped", "they would check with their Texas supplier to see why it hasn't been shipped". Three days ago they said they said they would contact their Texas supplier and send me the shipping number. That hasn't happened.
Company representative comment on January 31, 2008:

To:
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 10:54 AM
Subject: [Fwd: Florida Plants Online Order #1435]

> Joseph,
> Friday, I received two topiarys from Ruibal's Topiary Systems.
> As you know, I had VISA reverse your charge to my account. If you will
> send me your address, I will send you a check for $112.00.
> W.L. Duff

To date, we have still not received the check from Mr. William Duff, though by his own admission, he received the order and took a chargeback.

On Sep 13, 2007 11:19 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

We still have not received the check from Mr. Huff.

Isn't it interesting that this is listed as a NEGATIVE POST
even though, by the customer's own admission, he received the delivery and took a chargeback. He has not sent a check,
and yet, unless this customer decides to update the post, it remains NEGATIVE. How fair is that??

On Jan 31, 2008 10:59 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

William L. Duff continues to enjoy our products for free, even though he admits he received the goods, and then requested a chargeback from his Card Company. Although many requests have been made, William L. Duff has never sent the promised check to pay for the goods he received.
Furthermore, William L. Duff does not have the common decency to update this post.

Negative ripped_off_nc
Matthews, NC
April 5, 2004
On February 16, 2004 I ordered a cast aluminum mailbox from Florida Plants Online. When I first inquired about a ship date, I was told that the item usually ships within 4-6 weeks.
After 6 weeks, I sent an email asking for an expected ship date and/or a shipping tracking number. When I got no response to the email, I left a message on their answering machine.
After seven weeks, my credit card has been charged for $365, I still don't have my mailbox, and no one will respond to my inquiries. I'd think twice about doing business with Florida Plants Online.

On Dec 12, 2005 6:11 PM, Florida Plants Online added:

This guy's credit card was refused.

On Sep 13, 2007 11:24 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Negative mygrannydot
September 19, 2003
On Aug 13 a leaf mister and a pedistal dripper were ordered and as of sept 20 I have not recieved it. all atempts to contact them have failed. Do Not Order From Them.
Company representative comment on September 13, 2007:
We have checked Dorothy's order and submit the following:

1. We received Dorothy's order but our payment server declined her Card. The payment server notified her.

2. We sent her the following note:

Dorothy,
Your recent order at The Florida Plants Online Garden Store has not been completed due to a problem you encountered with the PaySystems payment screen. This may have been due to a network error or a conflict with the exact information as it appears on your Card. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you wish to re-order please see: http://www.floridaplants.com/store.htm

Your order will not be duplicated.

Please contact me if you need additional information or assistance.
Thanks for visiting!
Sincerely,
954-832-0251 phone/fax
888-752-6882 Toll Free

3. She has never contacted Florida Plants Online about the status of her order.
On Sep 13, 2007 11:33 AM, Florida Plants Online (floridaplants.com) added:

Negative kbart
January 28, 2003
Ordered garden oblisks to the tune of $154.00 on November 18, 2002. My account was billed and monies withdrawn but no oblisks are to be seen. Have called and e-mailed without response. Next step, Attorney General's office I guess.
Stay away from them!
Company representative comment on December 12, 2005:

On Dec 12, 2005 6:33 PM, Florida Plants Online added:

All customers of Florida Plants Online receive full refunds when an order can not be completed, or their merchandise. We replace a manufacturer in our catalog if the company becomes too slow with deliveries to our customers. A number of people scam us on a daily basis and take advantage of mail order and credit card rules in order to abuse merchants. People think they are being clever but are never bold enough to sign their actual names on a false claim because they would be caught in a lawsuit. Publishing false information to damage another is libel. -Leigh Fulghum

Negative KYGardenGirl
Georgetown, KY
December 9, 2002
I ordered a wall fountain from this company. Never received the fountain, but my credit card was billed. The company refused to respond to any of my phone calls (got an answering machine); emails, or letters. Finally reported them to the Better Business Bureau, who said the company refused to deal with them. Buyer Beware!
On February 2nd, 2006, tr1ulium added the following:

Imagine my suprise when, 3 years after my original rating, FPO finally responded. I stand behind my strictly factual comments 100%, and so did my credit card company, after an investigation. Don't take my word for it--check out the dismal rating of Florida Plants Online by the Better Business Bureau, online at http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&s...
Company representative comment on December 12, 2005: