The scoop on 'Cactus Store (Cactusstore.com)'

Cactus Store (Cactusstore.com)

2619 E. Lynne Lane
Phoenix, Arizona 85042 (United States)

Comments:

Positive AnnieB123
Bergen
Norway
June 22, 2014
I placed a small ($21) order online the 13th June, 2014. I got a confirmation email quite literally within minutes with tracking info. The seeds arrived in perfect condition in my mailbox coincidentally on my birthday yesterday 21st June.

Given the vagaries and unreliability of Norwegian post, that is nothing short of astounding.

I -love- the seeds (all of which came in very generous packages more or less 125% of the stated quantities).

I will absolutely be ordering again. Wonderful service!
Neutral nel5397
Groveland, FL
March 22, 2014
I ordered some Catclaw Acacia seed and I couldn't get them to germinate. I wonder if the seeds were old or they are just difficult to germinate.
Positive Minime8484
Chandler, AZ (Zone 9b)
February 1, 2013
Was a bit reluctant to order seeds from them because they have so many really rare species listed as seeds only (no plants available), and several listed with very old names. Not sure where they get their seeds from, but I went ahead and ordered 5 packets of seeds (100-500 seeds each).
Shipping was very prompt, and communication was excellent. Seeds arrived in great condition, and I planted them within 4 days.
Hopefully, I will have success with all species ordered and that they are true to species advertised (though it may take a few years to ascertain!).
Positive SincereDeer
Coos Bay, OR (Zone 9a)
September 9, 2012
Ordered a good lot of seeds and am very pleased. Shipping was fast and everything was packaged very well. When they only had one pack of Fenestraria rhopalophylla seeds when I had ordered two, I was informed very quickly and refunded promptly.

The only problem was with the seed count... all packs of 100 seeds had 50~70 seeds instead and it was pretty noticeable visually. I understand lithop seeds since they're so tiny, but cacti too? It's not really a big deal for me personally since the seeds I bought were VERY reasonably priced, so it's just an fyi for anyone who actually needs 100 seeds.

7 days after planting, 8 Stapelia variegata and 4 Fenestraria rhopalophylla have germinated! Stapelia seedlings look impressively sized albeit a bit pale. So excited!!
Positive sherizona
Peoria, AZ (Zone 9b)
October 26, 2011
I've purchased seeds online with great success. A few months later I made the trip to their Phoenix location and purchased several varieties of cactus. They were very helpful with planting information and someone was always nearby in case we had additional questions. The plants took off and many of them are already twice the size, even after just a few months.
Positive BigDave49
Creve Coeur, IL
September 25, 2011
I have ordered cacti seed from them on several occasions. Prompt, friendly service.
Positive REXTHELAB
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
November 17, 2007
Great cacti here!..Very Very Nice!

Good Company!

Thank You!!

Positive ecarso
Santa Barbara, CA
July 10, 2007
These guys are really awesome. They provide very nice plants and exceptional customer service.

Thanks so much Richard for all the great plants.
Positive TheNJBen
Old Bridge, NJ
January 12, 2007
Great experience. My first batch of seeds got lost in the mail for a while (they did end up showing up the day that the replacement package was sent! - Isn't that always how it happens). That said, a free replacement package was sent to me to replace the ones that were lost (no fault to the company, just me being the rare victim of a USPS error). Not only were free replacements sent, but one of the seeds I ordered was low in stock so he even sent a partial refund with the order because one of the seed packets were a litte light. Oh and the seeds are great quality and have a very good germination rate. If only every seed company did business like this one!
Neutral Chitown033
Chicago, IL
May 29, 2005
I ordered a Yucca Rostrata from them, and wasn't 100% happy with my order.
This is the description on the website:
15 gal. size 6 to 8" truck overall height 3 feet+..........................$85

I did however get charged $75, with a total of $93 in shipping, but the yucca was shipped in a 2' box. The yucca itself was under 2' including the roots, and had maybe 5" of trunk.
I talked to the owner and he was a very nice man, and I am satisfied with the service, and how quickly the Yucca arrived. It was also in perfect condition. I just wish it was as large as the description, but It will grow.
Overall they are a decent business.
Positive madelene
Lebanon, VA
September 3, 2004
I am so pleased with my purchases from your company. Up to date i have purchased 8 plants from you. All were opuntia cuttings. I was So pleased with the size and quality of these. I have only purchased from one other cacti and succulent mail order website before and there plant size and quality pale in comparison to yours. You gave me an in depth list of what to do when i got my plants and how to care for them. Also what kind of light source i could use in the winter which i really needed. Thank you for such a wonderful experiance and for "opening my eyes" so to speak to what i should have been expecting from the other nursery. I will be purchasing from you from now on!

-Madelene Dotson