The scoop on 'Countryside Roses'

Countryside Roses

5016 Menge Ave.
Pass Christian, Mississippi 39571 (United States)

Phone: 228 452-2697

Visit Countryside Roses at:

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive oldroselover
Fort Worth, TX
May 6, 2010
Lisa at Countryside Roses went to a lot of trouble on my behalf, even changing a shipment of roses that were going to Georgia to Texas at close to the last minute, and not charging me extra in spite of my offer to pay for the extra distance. A couple of the roses I wanted ended up not being available, but she suggested some really nice subsitutes for me. The five roses I received at the end of April were carefully packed, most promptly shipped, and in perfect condition. Two of them are already forming their first tiny buds! I am very happy with my order, and highly recommend this company. Check out their website; their rose photographs are beautiful as well!
Positive tlvdinoh
Perrysburg, OH (Zone 5b)
May 4, 2010
I ordered 5 roses. I got an email from Lisa letting me know that one rose might not be ready to ship by the planned ship date, and offering the option to substitute another, or get a refund. I requested instead to simply delay the shipping until the rose was ready, which she did. All five roses arrived very nicely in a surprisingly compact shipping box. Almost all had buds on them, one bloomed just a few days later. Very pleased so far! Can't wait to see how they grow once they're in place... Great communication and customer service.
Positive winterrobin
South Dennis, NJ (Zone 7b)
April 24, 2009
This was the first time I ordered from Countryside, and my only regret is not having ordered more! Lisa keeps you informed with timely emails, explanations for any delays, and quick refunds when necessary. If my one rose (I TOLD you I should have ordered more!!!!) is any indication of this company's excellence, and I'm sure it is, I will be ordering from Countryside again and again.
Positive llhowland44
Fairport, NY (Zone 6a)
April 15, 2009
I ordered 5 roses from Countryside roses. The day after I placed my order I received an email with the date they would be shipped. They arrived today as expected, very carefully packed. Each plant is strong, sturdy and very healthy looking. Four of the five have buds. I couldn't be happier with their communication and quality. I will definitely order from them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for reasonably priced, high quality roses.
Positive natalieb2270
Spring Hill, TN
April 15, 2009
This nursery has a very nice selection of roses with a good amount of information about each rose so you can make the best choice for your gardening needs.

My roses were shipped on a Monday and I received them by Wednesday! The plants were healthy and beautiful. I already had 2 very fragrant blooms and several buds waiting to open! I will be recommending this company to all of my fellow gardeners. A+++
Positive shauss
April 9, 2009
This was my first time ordering from Countryside, and I couldn't be more pleased. I have ordered from several other antique rose vendors, and the plants I received from Countryside were the nicest BY FAR!!!

They also had the best email communication of the vendors I've used.

I will definitely use them again!

Positive Loricp
Crown Point, IN
April 7, 2009
This was a very positive experience ordering from Lisa at Countryside Roses.
She was very prompt and helpful answering all of my emails, concerning questions I had about my rose choices. I received my 4 roses exactly when she promised shipment, and above all, the roses are healthy and sure to thrive for me. I would order again without hesitation.
Positive jjay1202
Saint Georges, DE (Zone 7a)
March 21, 2009
This has to be hands down the best Rose Garden Center that I have ever dealt with. They have never failed me yet even when sending emails. I am going to give them business for all my plant needs from now on.
On March 21st, 2009, jjay1202 added the following:

Lisa is the most conscientious employee that I have ever met and a true gem to deal with. She is just fabulous with the emails.
Positive cowpea123
Coushatta, LA
January 23, 2009
I ordered seven roses and they were shipped well packed and arived in great shape.The plants were well grown and rooted.I will be ordering again! Five star nursery!
Positive davis1676
Disputanta, VA (Zone 7a)
October 25, 2008
I've ordered from 3 online sources for roses, Countryside beats all their competitors. Their roses are healthy, large & have great root systems, far superior to the other sources. I ordered from Countryside because of the great prices, I'll be going back because they have the best roses. Period.

Customer service is super too. Thanks!
Positive Hibby18
San Antonio, TX
May 26, 2008
Ordering from Lisa at Countryside was a wonderful experience. I received 3 wonderful roses that are doing beautifully. I would not hesitate to place another order.
Positive geanann2
Madison, AL
May 7, 2008
I've ordered often from Countryside Roses over the last few years. The product is excellent, the customer service excellent, the packaging excellent, the prices excellent. Did I say I thought that the entire operation is excellent?
Positive shellseeker
Long Beach, MS
April 1, 2008
My daughter and I found the Countryside Roses website and made up a wish list, then went to the facility to see the gardens and buy our roses. Lisa was incredibly informative and helpful. They are still rebuilding from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, and like most of us in this area, are adjusting to altered gardening environments from the loss of trees and buildings. In spite of this, she had a wonderful selection and we went home with an assortment of rose bushes. Our Safrano has just bloomed and is as beautiful as we had hoped. Most of the rest are setting buds and all are thriving. As we are in the next town to this facility, Lisa was especially helpful in giving us care tips appropriate to local soil and climate.
I am looking forward to visiting again in a couple of weeks when her gardens are in full bloom. How lucky we are to have such a wonderful rose source close at hand, with someone who is so generous with her time and expertise.
Positive DesertBloom07
El Paso, TX
March 27, 2008
I just received my plants and am very pleased with the whole process - from ordering to delivery. There was a personal touch the whole way. Thank you Lisa!
Positive MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC
March 17, 2008
I enjoyed the excellent customer service I received at countryside roses. Lisa, the business owner is a TRUE PROFESSIONAL, staying with the process from start to finish. She sent emails informing me of the nuances of my chosen cultivars (thorniness, mature size...) and letting me know when to expect the roses which arrvied exactly when promised in EXCELLENT CONDITION,
Also, please know this company is still rebuilidng their business after the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, your support would be sincerely appreciated as they strive to rebuild.
I placed a SECOND ORDER today.
Positive digdahlias
Glynn, LA (Zone 8b)
March 16, 2008
Recently received 8 roses from countryside - very fast shipping, professional service, received beautiful plants in great condition, nice variety of reasonably priced old garden roses.
Positive VA_piedmont
South Boston, VA
November 18, 2007
I visit the Mississippi coast once or twice a year and after finding Countryside Roses, have ordered and/or personally picked up at least 15 plants over the past two years. All of them do better than the very expensive ones I bought locally. This past dry summer and fall were death to several shrubs and perennials, but with the same amount of care, all the Countryside plants are well, and a few are thriving. Either they are well-adapted to zone 7A where others aren't, or they are extremely well grown, or both. I'm going back soon for more from my wish list.
Positive MCarter
Boerne, TX
November 9, 2007
I ordered 3 roses from Countryside ~ all were received well packed and in good condition. I actually have 4 blooms on the Narrow Water rose ~ I'm excited!! I'm on the waiting list for additional roses that are not yet ready. Thank you Lisa.
Positive shoebell
Saint Paul, MN
September 13, 2007
I ordered a rose Sunday evening after 9:00. I used Paypal to pay for it and then went back to the Countryside Roses website. I noticed that I was suppose to let them know when I wanted the rose shipped, so I sent an email saying that I just ordered a rose and I would like it shipped immediately. As late as it was, I very quickly received a response from Lisa telling me it would ship the next day (Monday).

I received the rose on Wednesday and it was in excellent condition. It was still moist, nicely packaged with several buds and 3 blooms.

I'm very happy and will definitely shop there again!
Positive sherryocala
Ocala, FL
July 14, 2007
Buying my first rose from Countryside Roses was a good experience. Lisa is as good as her word; she made the transaction work. I think the rose will be great. Since it was shipped "potless", it had no leaves, but they will come quickly. Shipping was fast, and packing was well done. I will buy again from Lisa.
Positive NNYRose
Ogdensburg, NY (Zone 5a)
June 25, 2007
I ordered a rose this past month. It was my first time ever ordering from this company and I will definately be ordering more from them. Their shipping and handling time was lightning quick and I live in Northern New York. The rose only took a few days to arrive. It also had a bloom on it and was packed magnificantly.
I definately recommend ordering from them.
Positive olyagrove
Tampa, FL
June 20, 2007
Great experience dealing with the vendor. Roses came fast, nicely packed, and some - already with flowers.
Lisa is very helpful at resolving the issues with the received plants -if they do exist.
I have ordered twice, and will do again in the future.
Olya
Positive GinnyLu22
Bastrop, TX (Zone 8b)
June 19, 2007
Lisa is a great person to deal with. She is honest and fair, and was quick to respond to a problem with my roses ordered. I am very pleased with how she resolved things.

I recommend Countryside Roses very highly.
Positive Twopeasinapod
Panama City, FL
June 14, 2007
We drove from Florida last Fall to visit Lisa's nursery. Immediately we felt we had known her for years, she is so friendly and helpful. That day we purchased 14 roses, all doing very well I must add. Lisa's roses are 1 quart, yet they grow so fast to the size indicated.
Today we received our mail order. The roses were packed so well, the soil was still moist. Lisa had added a small rose in the corner of the invoice. I found this to be very touching.
We will be ordering from Lisa again soon. Don't hesitate, you will not be disappointed with Countryside Roses!

On October 26th, 2007, Twopeasinapod added the following:

I had a small problem with two of my roses. Mentioned it to Lisa and she sent me two more free of charge to replace them.
Lisa is more than fair and so helpful with any rose questions.

I will keep ordering from Lisa, she is so quick to respond and get our orders to us.

Thank you so much Lisa!!!
Positive soulgardenlove
Marietta, GA (Zone 7b)
June 11, 2007
I ordered many roses from Lisa at CountrySide Roses this past Spring. Her roses are own root and on the smaller side, but absolutely healthy and one came with blooms. I have paid twice as much for a same sized rose through another well known online rose seller, so don't think hers are any smaller than what other rose growers sell. My order was large and probably confusing and I was two roses short. Lisa made it right! She is very helpful, communicative and friendly on email and I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again. I am so glad she has rebounded from the destruction of Hurricane Katrina which wiped her out as pictured on her web site. I am very excited about growing the roses I selected from countryside and you will be too. :) Susan
Positive amarettonc
Raleigh, NC (Zone 7b)
May 30, 2007
I ordered 8 roses in February and received the order confirmation the same day. The roses were shipped on the day promised, and were very carefully packed with little damp newspaper rings on the soil surface to keep them from drying out during shipment. The roses were a little smaller than other mailorder roses I have received, but were healthy and well-rooted, and after three months in the ground are growing well, blooming, and catching up to the other own-root roses. The website is easy to navigate and has a large selection of roses, especially those suited to growing in the south. I would definitely order from this company again.
Positive gemini_sage
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
May 30, 2007
I ordered 8 roses from Countryside this spring and they arrived in perfect condition, shipped exactly when I was told. Emails were answered quickly and Lisa was a joy to work with. I repotted the plants as the enclosed directions instructed and they are growing like crazy; most have doubled in size! I will happily order again :)
Positive jab91864
Northern Michigan, MI (Zone 5a)
May 27, 2007
I recv'd 8 healthy roses in the mail this week !!! Pleasant communication and great plants make online shopping soooooo much easier.

Would definitely buy from again !!!!!!!!! Has a good selection of buck roses as I recall for us northern gardeners.

~Julie =0)
Positive Thunderstorm
Willis, TX
May 13, 2007
I am delighted with the roses I ordered from Lisa! These roses are in perfect health, arrived quickly, and in excellent condition! It was important to me to order the Peggy Martin rose from Lisa, since both that rose variety, and Lisa, are true survivors of the hurricanes that have hit the south in recent years. Lisa, I could not be more pleased with your roses, and I will definitely be ordering from you again this fall!
Many, many thanks! ~Allison
Positive foxfire101
McCoy, VA
April 13, 2007
I was so excited to receive my first rose order in the mail from Countryside. All eight came perfectly packed and the soil was still moist. I was especially looking for Buck roses and old roses and found them with wonderful pictures and descriptions on the website. I will definitely be ordering more roses through Lisa at Countryside.
Positive Zuzu
Sebastopol, CA (Zone 9a)
April 13, 2007
I recently ordered 16 roses from Lisa at Countryside and was delighted to receive healthy and well-rooted plants. They were packed with great care and arrived in superb condition.

Visiting the Countryside Website is a thrilling experience in itself: so many beautiful photos of the roses the nursery carries. Availability information is always up to date, and communication with Lisa is a joy.
Positive Kassia
Framingham, MA (Zone 6a)
April 12, 2007
I just got 8 roses today and they are absolutly gorgeous, healthy, got here in perfect condition and some already have some blooms... I am totally happy, and will definitly get more roses from them!!!!!
and I am addicted to miniature roses ... I have gotten from several places and I will tell everyone of how great they are!!!!
Positive nikki_conway
Ellicott City, MD (Zone 7a)
March 31, 2007
I recieved my 8 roses yesterday. They were packed with care and in great condition. All healthy plants! Lisa was awesome to deal with! She was very patient in helping with my FREE rose choices because of a special that was going on. The shipping was also quick. I felt that the quality of product and service was excellent! I will definately order from them again!
Sincerely,
Casey
Positive Pinetucky
Swainsboro, GA (Zone 8b)
March 30, 2007
The three roses I received from Countryside were very healthy and well-rooted. The packing was excellent. Lisa answers questions quickly and is very helpful. I also appreciate that she keeps her shipping costs very reasonable. The roses are in band-size containers, about a quart, but I know from buying roses here in the past that these roses are vigorous. They take off quickly and very soon are ready to be planted in the ground. Countryside Roses is one of my favorites. I recommend it very highly.
Positive gardenkeeper1
Palatine Bridge, NY
March 27, 2007
I purchased 3 roses (The Fairy and Lovely Fairy) from Countryside Roses last spring and was extremely pleased. I just placed another order last week.

Lisa Pflug (owner) was very friendly and helpful in answering all my questions and emailed me back within a day. I will definately continue to shop with her!
Neutral Maria2354
Fernandina Beach, FL (Zone 8b)
February 28, 2007
Ordered 6 roses from them in May 2006. Because some were not planted under the best of conditions (in shade under a tree), only 3 made it. Hope to see the others bloom soon.
Positive redalpha
February 28, 2007
I am very happy with my order from Countryside. Lisa provided great communication, fast shipment, and well-packed plants. I would definitely order from her again.
Positive rosethyme
Denton, TX (Zone 7b)
January 1, 2007
I've been ordering roses from Countryside for about three years now. Lisa is wonderful and I've always been very pleased with her roses. They always arrive looking great...many already in bud. The best part is that Lisa is like ordering roses from a friend and not an impersonal business. She's very knowledgeable and always ready to "talk roses" and help with suggestions. It's amazing how she has made a comeback from Katrina and I encourage everyone to place your rose order with her. She has even added some new selections so be sure to check out her web site.

Karen
Positive mmmgonzo
Albany, OR
December 30, 2006
All I can say is WOW :) I ordered from Lisa for the first time last year and couldn't wait to place another order for this coming spring.

I love Lisa's roses. They are well rooted, a great price, great selection and the customer service can't be beat. I have the best time emailing with Lisa and talking "roses" -- she really loves what she does. She is reliable with a great product!

Thanks Lisa,
Marleah
On May 20th, 2007, mmmgonzo added the following:

5-18-07:

I ordered from Lisa again and received great roses one more time :) Great plants, well packaged, great selection.
Love them and cant wait to plant these roses!

Thanks Lisa :)

Marleah
Positive BeeVee
Tampa, FL
May 10, 2006
WOW!
What a great place to buy roses from. I have bought from so many other internet sites, but this one is tops. One of my four roses came in chopped at the trunk and I spoke to Lisa who is replacing it, no problems at all. So, I am placing an order for at least four more (unless I look at her website again..sigh..temptation) and I know they will be as healthy as this batch.

Just a great place considering Lisa is still recovering from the hurricane. I will certainly keep buying from Countryside Roses. Love their selections for the South!

Marta Acaba