The scoop on 'Big Leaf Orchids'

Big Leaf Orchids

Southlake, Texas 76092 (United States)

Paper Catalog Cost: n/a

Comments:

Positive sd915
York, SC (Zone 8a)
October 9, 2013
I ordered 3 orchids, they arrived very quickly, well-packed and healthy. Very professional, and I will order from them again.
Positive Tebonnet
Perryville, AR
July 26, 2013
This company has excellent merchandise and superior customer service. I have placed two orders with Big Leaf Orchids and all my correspondence was answered very quickly. Peter Lin went above and beyond my expectations in making sure I was able to order the plants I wanted. The plants are beautiful and in very good condition. They are packed in such a way that even the delicate bloom spikes survive the shipping and bloom after arrival. I have very little room for growing orchids, but I couldn't resist adding 8 new ones to my collection after finding Big Leaf Orchids.
Positive jayfar
Philadelphia
United States
November 20, 2012
Simply the best when it comes to Phals and very good to deal with.
Positive linette2001
Gainesville, FL (Zone 8b)
February 10, 2012
I ordered the seedling special. Plants were shipped quickly and were in excellent shape. I was sent a gift plant. Highly recommend.
Positive 2retire
Nottingham, NH
June 24, 2009
Few orchid links come close to advertising what one actually receives. This is one of three (of the many) sites that I have visited, in which the product described is exactly what one receives. My wife and I have been purchasing from here for quite some time now. Every valentine, birthday, anniversary, and occasion to celebrate anything, is REWARDED by a purchase at Big Leaf Orchids. We have never been let down by Mr. Lin. He is helpful in the orchid selection process (without an eye to his bottom line), also very receptive to any questions asked, and has even resent pictures of orchids he no longer sells. And just to add class to the already excellent service, he has even offered to send keikis (of the orchid no longer available) along with the next purchase. The product, the quality, the price and the good customer relations are only a few of the superlatives that keep drawing us back. It is no wonder that Big Leaf Orchids has consistently rated "positives" over the last several years.
Positive 301roxanne
Potomac, MD
June 23, 2009
Since September of last year, I have been shopping at Big Leaf. If you're looking for a healthy, unique, and well priced orchid, this is the place to buy. Just browsing the site is a fun and enjoyable experience. It is also very difficult to "just look," Leaving the site without a purchase is an obstacle I haven't learned to overcome yet. The site is very user friendly, and Peter Lin is extremely helpful. There are but few orchid stores that I trust with product, quality and pocketbook; this is one of them.

RN
On August 19th, 2009, 301roxanne added the following:

Just thought that I would mention that in July of 2009 Mr. Peter Lin (owner of Big leaf Orchids) was awarded both an HCC and AM award by the American Orchid Society for his Phal. gigantea 'Big Leaf Orchid No. 3" I would also like to add that the keiki promised to me turned out to be a beautiful orchid in bloom (three flowers) - gratis. Visit his picture gallery.........you will be glued for some time; rare, beautiful, and price worthy orchids.
Positive carol_okc
Choctaw, OK
July 31, 2006
Peter knows how to get me in trouble! He loves to tempt us with glorious new crosses or fabulous older ones that he managed to find. I'm well on my way to needing a bigger greenhouse!

Reliable, cordial, helpful, and prompt - quite aside from his lovely phals! And... the web forum associated with his site is always a wealth of information and help. We have quite an extended (and loyal) family!
Positive cpflaumer
Forest Hills, NY
July 26, 2006
More than impressed by Peter's customer service. He replies to e-mails right away. He's very polite, caring and honest. I e-mailed him a list of Phalaenopsis I wanted to buy and ask for his opinion based on my experience as a grower. He e-mailed back recommeding some of the orchids and not recommending others, and explain why individually, per orchid. I paid for 3 day shipping service, he sent them by 2nd day service. They arrived fast and very well packed.
He is an absolute darling.
Positive Phalfriend
Sarasota, FL (Zone 10a)
November 8, 2005
I have order several times and have had only the best experience...the plants are as advertised and in excellant condition. Also Peter Lin is most helpful to us who are novices in the orchid collecting hobby giving helpful advice.
Will continue to order orchids from them.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
August 30, 2005
I just placed a somewhat sizeable order with Big Leaf Orchids and was delighted to find that the owner, Peter Lin, was incredibly helpful and communicative about all aspects of the ordering and shipping process. He even helped me locate a now hard-to-find Phalaenopsis cultivar that had been on my wishlist that he had growing in his collection. When the plants arrived (very promptly, I might add), they were all healthy and expertly packed. The root systems were amazing. The potting mix was fresh and light and there was not even a single plant that was over- or under-potted. This is absolutely the best source for unusual, high quality Phalaenopsis species and hybrids. Keep up the good work, Peter!
Positive ssipes
Murphysboro, IL (Zone 6b)
May 6, 2005
I wanted live orchids in flower and bud sent to my mother for mother's day. I emailed the company and they send me specific recommendations. I ordered them may 2 and they were delivered via fedex on may 5. My mom reported that they were in beautiful condition, one with flowers and buds, one with buds only, about to open. She was happy to see that they came with growing instructions. I would be glad to order from this company again.

Sedonia
Positive paph1977
Gwinn, MI
October 8, 2004
Fabulous! I've ordered twice from this company and have been pleased both times. Orchids arrived quick and very well packed. A great selection of harder to find phals!
Positive mehitabel
St. Louis, MO (Zone 6a)
October 19, 2003
I have bought several orchids from Big Leaf. They were beautiful plants, nicely packed, and the prices were good. I would buy from them again.
Positive kevin4570
June 6, 2003
Peter Lin found a rather hard to find orchid I was after in his personal collection, and gladly sold it to me, for what I considered a very reasonable price! The plant arrived very fast, and was in excellent condition, in some of the finest shape that I have yet to recieve from mail. I will definately do business with him again.