The scoop on 'Kinsman Company, Inc.'

Kinsman Company, Inc.

Pipersville, Pennsylvania 18947 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-733-4146
Fax: 215-766-5624

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Positive aileen246
Priest River, ID
December 16, 2010
This is the second time I've ordered from this company, the first time the items came at lightning speed. This time I ordered four of their glass ornaments. It took a little longer, but was well worth the wait. The ornaments are much more beautiful then their pictures. The people receiving these as gifts are going to be so pleased.
Positive jwiegmull
Trenton, NJ
April 23, 2010
They must have learned from these reviews. I just ordered an arbor from them last week. In addition to the order confirmation, I also received a shipping confirmation and also just received the order, well under the 2 weeks they said that it might take. It looks terrific.
Neutral JudyF
Waukegan, IL
March 23, 2009
I have ordered from this company in the past, and have had good results with the down under pots.

Early February of this year, I placed a $150 mail order from my holiday catalog to decorate the outside of my workplace. The next week I got a call saying I was $12+ short on my remittance; it seemed that their prices had gone up on several of the items I had attempted to purchase. Since they are already a little pricy, and their shipping is high as well, I opted to cancel the whole order.

While I do like their merchandise, it is no longer a value to me at their current prices. I will either wait for a sale or buy elsewhere.

Positive kittshouse
Lynn, MA (Zone 5a)
March 14, 2009
I have ordered 'Down Under' pots and some propogating supplies from them. The pots are beautiful and are now on their 3rd year of use. The propogating supplies came a bit late in spring, but I was not ready to use them anyway that year, so no big deal. They worked wonderfully last year. Tt is frustrating to not know when an item ships, but I believe if you call tehm they will respond. They are a small company and so you have to give them credit for dealing with such a large load of orders. Their innovative planting containers and down under pots are worth the experience.
Positive LinkM
Williamsville, NY (Zone 5b)
April 26, 2008
I always order coco liners for my various planters from Kinsman. Instead of having to carry around a list of the shapes and sizes and run from one garden store to another, I can sit at the computer and take care of all of them at once. They arrive quickly and I am ready to go. I have placed annual orders for many years and have always been satisfied with the speed of delivery and the condition of the products. This year I even asked that the delivery be delayed for a week while I was out of town and that request was honored.
Positive DriftingDude
Charleston, SC
February 21, 2008
I ordered a Korean Hand Hoe which arrived very promptly. Also, the least expensive one I could find on the net.
Keep up the good work!
Positive sogal123
Chattanooga, TN (Zone 7a)
February 13, 2008
Ordered from this company on 2/2/2008, 3 items. Received my order on 2/7/2008, all items intact and packaged securely. I only wish that they would use a 'green' peanut, instead of styrofoam! My experience with this company has always been good.
Negative sweetrolls626
Steamburg, NY
June 4, 2007
I am extremely frustrated with this company. I ordered on April 29. I was notified about the fact that they didn't have one thing I had ordered and another item would not be in till late May. I emailed them but apparently they didn't receive it. I called and cancelled the one item that would not be in till September. Obviously I would not need it then. It was like they were holding my order till that item was in. Then I looked on the web site to check on my order and nothing has been changed. It looks like the original order is still intact even though I cancelled everything that wasn't in stock. I ordered this to have for Mother's Day for my mother-in-law. I called last week and it still hadn't shipped yet. This is more than a month later. I will probably call and cancel the whole thing in the next day or two if it doesn't show up. The products looked really interesting but the service is awful. I won't know if they were any good or not..

I agree. They give no notice when anything ships and don't even update their website.
Negative emjean
East Wenatchee, WA
April 25, 2007
I was not happy with the time it took to complete my order. I placed an order in Feb. 2007 and I received the remaining order in April. Two expected arrival dates came and went. Though these items were gifts, I'm glad I didn't need them by the expected time.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
November 4, 2006
One of this company's best sellers are the famous upside down pots. I bought one and it was delivered promptly. Then I ordered a 2nd one (I accidentaly broke the first one) and transaction was not completely smooth.

however, communications were good and my cc was charged at time of shipping. I would not hesitate to buy from this company again. They also have a lovely selection of glass blown mushrooms.
Positive tiffanya
Sumner, WA (Zone 8a)
July 4, 2006
The online catalog is a bit odd to navigate (it could use the hand of a good eCommerce usability developer), but strives to mimick a physical catalog.

I ordered several items from Kinsman Company. One item arrived broken, but was quickly replaced. Two items were on backorder; one of which I have received. The other is expected at Kinsman late this week. Despite the few 'bumps' they have provided good communication and customer service; thus, I would shop with them again.
Positive wvtreehugger
Charleston, WV
June 5, 2006
order over the winter, shipping was quick. Nice packaging. Very unusual items. Recommend!
Negative danvirsse
Waterford, PA
May 26, 2006
I placed an internet order and found the website okay but certainly not exceptional. It didn't even provide stock status of the items I was ordering. Since I live in the state, I expected to receive my merchandise in just a few days. After waiting a full week, I decided to call to check on the order since I had not even received any type of "your order has shipped" e-mail which is rather standard these days. The representative I reached was quick to inform me it hadn't been 10 BUSINESS days yet but that she would check on my order. It turns out, it didn't even ship until a week after it was placed. If the shipping was free or exceptionally reasonable I might be able to live with this type of service but the shipping rates are premium.
Positive calypsa
Plymouth, MI (Zone 5b)
April 9, 2006
I ordered a few unique terra cotta pots from this company. Overall, I am very pleased. They arrived quickly and were EXTREMELY well packaged. The prices are surprisingly reasonable on some of their items and I am pleased with the selection.

Although I will order from them in the future, I would like to point out that they do not give you any warning as to when your items will be shipped. I do prefer to receive a shipping confirmation notice, but the fact that Kinsman does not do that is not a fatal flaw. I would be very happy to order from them again and I would not hesitate to do so.
Positive twinklingstar
Zebulon, GA (Zone 7b)
March 10, 2006
I ordered the Tinkling Toadstools and they were just as pretty as they were in the catalogue. The shipping was fast too. Great company.
Positive smilingpoppy
Groveland, MA
April 5, 2005
I ordered from this company based on the positive reviews already given for Kinsman Co. I was very impressed with the Monet Arch kit with lattice infill, a better quality than I was expecting. It did take a rubber mallet to put the pieces in place, but well worth the extra effort. The living wreath ring and premolded liner were also just as described. The only improvements could be to send an email when the order is actually shipped (they have the standard "thank you for your order, it will be shipped in 7-10 business days" when you place the order). It did arrive when they said, at about the same time I was wondering about my shipment. The other would be to pack a bit better. The Liquid Fence was put in the box in a way that the premolded liner was damaged in shipping, but with water it will be fine. Overall it was a positive experience and I will order from them again.
Positive beck02
Newalla, OK
April 15, 2004
Every year I usually buy a few schwegler birdhouses. they always come carefully packed (1 per box with 4-6" of foam all the way around). Quick shipping. The bluebirds like the birdhouses as they come back to them every year, and use them in winter for additional shelter.
Positive Happenstance
Northern California, CA
October 25, 2003
Unique selection of quality merchandise, large order received in timely fashion.
Positive ellendag
Herndon, VA (Zone 6b)
August 21, 2003
I'm very pleased with the customer service and high quality of the items I ordered from Kinsman Company. The handy tools and attractive garden decor pieces were each packaged carefully and shipped promptly. Thank You so much!
Positive lpavesi
Watsonville, CA
March 15, 2003
hi: good service, was able to exchange a pot without hassle, they sent me a no-charge shipper to return the original and sent me the replacement at no-charge
Positive Mickies1
August 20, 2002
Ordering through the mail was very good - Going to the store is a pleasure. The personnel are nice and helpful, the area is beautiful, and the quality of the products is excellent and worth the money to have beautiful architectural elements to set off your plants.