The scoop on 'Skychild Tropicals (Skychild Emporium)'

Skychild Tropicals (Skychild Emporium)

1371 Fayetteville Drive
Spring Hill, Florida 34609 (United States)

Comments:

Positive songsmith
May 9, 2003
I found out about these folks from the owners of another company that I have a great relationship with. I ordered a Calliandra Haematocephela from them and received a plant in excellent condition, with roots developed more to the size of a three-gallon plant than a one-gallon.

I also had an issue arise during the course of the transaction (a potential shipping glitch here on my end of things that I wanted to avoid), and they handled my inquiry and change of information smoothly and courteously.

An A+ experience overall :-)
Negative cclou
Corpus Christi, TX (Zone 9a)
May 2, 2003
I took forever to receive the plant. It was in terrible condition. I really doubt that it will live.
Negative SusanMichelle
Brownsburg, IN
April 25, 2003
According to their web site:
"Skychild Tropicals offers the LARGEST mail order specimens anywhere!" (gallon size plants advertised)

HA HA HA!

I ordered from them because I really, really wanted a Mandevilla "Tropical Dreams". Plus I ordered a Dipladenia sanderi just because I was placing an order and they had good shipping rates. Three weeks after ording, I received my box containing a rooted cutting of Dipladenia and a note stating that the Mandevilla was out of stock!!!!!

I will say that the Dipladenia was well rooted, but no way a gallon size plant as advertised. And no Mandevilla....I have never been so dissapointed with an order! If they had let me know the Tropical Dreams was out of stock, I would have canceled my order... Plus it burns me that they still have Tropical dreams listed on their web site as available.