The scoop on 'Neem Tree Farms'

Neem Tree Farms

601 Southwood Cove
Brandon, Florida 33511 (United States)

Comments:

Negative neemfan
Katy, TX
August 16, 2014
I bought a Neem tree Nov 2, 2013 (Order # 26610). Once delivered it was promptly put in ground by my landscape person (in few minutes off the USPS truck) and care instructions followed. It lost leaves soon after. I communicated with owner (Vicky Parsons) via email (vicki@neemtreefarms.com) on Nov 19th, 2013 with my concerns and a photograph of the tree. She replied promptly and said this is not a major cause for concern and that I should continue following the care instructions and if the tree does not come back by spring 2014 she will send me a replacement. The tree never revived even though I followed the care instructions diligently. I sent multiple emails (Mar 10th 2014, Mar 20th 2014 to vicki@neemtreefarms.com) with photographs of the dead tree and asking about the replacement which was promised. I have received no response from the business till date. I usually don't give negative ratings and understand that no one wants to do a bad job but I find this business's conduct very unprofessional.
Positive PS_IloveGarden
Alexander, AR
August 11, 2014
I ordered a neem tree from NeemTreeFarms last year and it is beautiful this yr!! I also bought some shampoo bars for people and pets and it kills fleas instantly!! It beats any flea shampoo that I have every tried....including dawn!. I always get fast and great service from this company! Neem is an amazing plant and it really works!! I also use it in my garden for insects and black spot on roses!! It has never disappointed!! It has MANY uses!!Try it and this company!!
Positive sosreptile
Fairfax, VA (Zone 7a)
July 26, 2013
I'm an avid container gardener with a fascination for unique and useful plants and I always wanted to purchase Neem plants for myself. I came across the Dave's garden listing for Neem Tree Farms and decided to contact them for information about their various Neem plant offerings (they sell seeds, sprouts, seedlings and trees - increasing order of size) and about their shipping policies and more. Vicky Parsons responded to me promptly and continued to do so despite this being their busiest time of the year. Here is a list of positive points about my experience:
1) Their website makes it easy to see your order and get tracking information for the shipment, and you get timely email notifications on the status of your order.
2) They only ship live plants out on Monday and Tuesday so that your plants do not get stuck somewhere over the weekend - excellent!
3) Speaking of shipping, the plants were packed wonderfully: the plastic pots were wrapped in sturdy plastic and secured to the plant stem with a plastic tie, then the pot was taped to the wall of the sturdy triangular USPS priority mail tube, leaving the leaves free of physical pressure that could damage them and giving them air to breathe. A simple and great idea!
4) Vicky was professional, humble, friendly and honest; everything she told me about what they had for sale was exactly what it turned out to be once I received my order.

I would definitely order from them again. Thanks Vicky and Neem Tree Farms!
Positive RosieL
Houston, TX
March 13, 2013
I'm a clinical herbalist, work with many with autoimmune diseases and chemical sensitivities. I've been purchasing from NeemTreeFarms for over 15 years because of their purity, truth in labeling, and extraordinary customer service. Vicki has always been very helpful whenever I have a product question or formulation. She's honest, concerned and provides superior products; her focus is more on helping people rather than profit.

I must say I did get a few neem trees from Vicki wanting to grow my own. Unfortunatley they died; but not a fault of Vicki or quality of tree; but only because we had a hard freeze and the trees froze. I didn't protect them as I should have.

Highly recommend neemtreefarms to all and if questions; phone and ask.
Positive kwlarry
Chicago, IL
March 7, 2013
We were in Florida on vacation and called Vicki Parsons at Neem Tree Farms to set up an appointment. She squeezed us into a busy day in her greenhouse where she was getting ready for freezing temperatures, took the time to walk us through growing neem in Chicago, carefully packed the trees we selected, and even sent us home with free butterfly plants.

The plants all survived the trip beautifully and we've since recommended her company to a number of our friends, who've also had good experiences with it. Our neem tree is happily growing in a sunny window, we're looking forward to putting it outside this summer and enjoying the benefits of an amazing tree we never thought we could grow in this cold climate.
Negative SpringfieldUri
Springfield, IL
August 14, 2012
From time to time, I ordered neem leaves from Neem Tree Farms. In the past, they always arrived bitter (as they
should be). Then, I ordered neem leaves again in the beginning of April, when apparently Neem Tree Farms hardly had any leaves due to the frost. However, what they sent me ended up resembling curry leaves and not
neem. (E.g. The leaves they sent lacked the characteristic bitterness, and had a strong aroma of curry instead).

Since Neem Tree Farms used to sell curry leaves, itís possible that they still have curry trees in their grove. However, I was shocked that they would try to substitute curry for neem leaves, as the two are very different and I certainly did not intend to order curry leaves.

When I called the company regarding the issue, the owner, Vicky Parsons, first tried to ignore the issue and divert the conversation. When that didn't work, she started to yell that the leaves lacked bitterness due to their young age, despite the fact that they were similar in shape and size to leaves I received in previous shipments. Then, towards the end of our conversation, she suddenly declared - while still rudely yelling - that she would only reimburse me if I never call the company again.

Even more disturbingly, a few minutes after the first conversation, Vicki called again on my house line, and started to rant loudly that she would not reimburse me, since she was going to put me on her list of people whom she was not talking to. Not only is that the most ridiculous excuse one can give, it is also utterly unprofessional.

A normal owner would be quite concerned that the product they sent was so far off from what it should have been. But this delusional woman somehow seemed to believe that yelling at customers and ignoring the problem is a proper response.

So, my advice is to stay away from this company. Be skeptical of their claims. And if you get a call from Vicky Parsons, hang up.
Negative pmb123
Rio Grande, PR
April 9, 2011
For two and a half year I have been patiently waiting for neem seeds to grow into tree and for these two plus year Ms. Vicki has given me a song and a dance. I don't mind a song and a dance but not with a company that I am trying to do business. I wish her good luck, but this dance is over.
Positive btdesign
Napa, CA
December 3, 2009
I have been ordering from Neem Tree Farms for about the past four years - I have always found the representative(s) to be very helpful (once even personally calling to explain an important order detail) and accurate in filling my orders as well.

I will continue to order from this company instead of others I've found, simply because the value is excellent - quality products for a lot less than other "trendy" brands. I use the products on everything - my garden, my dog, myself. Can't say everyone's experience will be like mine, but I've had great customer service from this company.

- - - - - - - -

(As for the other posts, my goodness, if you don't like a company don't waste your and everyone else's time disputing nonsense, just don't order from them!)
Positive rentman
Frankfort, KY (Zone 6a)
November 19, 2008
Received my order today, in great shape, all plants alive and green.
Package well packed
Negative mistari
La Fayette, NY
September 2, 2008
I bought 4 gotu kola plants from here. I recently learned that what they are selling is not gotu kola it is in fact ground ivy or gill over the garden. I did get a refund for 2 of the plants, I'm not sure if they're going to continue selling the false gotu kola or not, but as of right now it seems that way. I also bought soap from here awhile back and it smelled similar to spoiled milk and I threw both bars out. I cannot give a negative feedback though because the lady is very nice and it looks like they have a lot of other good products.
On September 3rd, 2008, mistari changed the rating from neutral to negative and added the following:

Well now I've just changed my experience to negative after receiving this e-mail from the owner:

"My experts disagree with your experts, but I donít believe in arguing with customers in a public forum. Please leave us alone and Iíll try to forget how many hours Iíve wasted in discussions with you."

I replied with this:

"I'm sorry I've only spent about 5 minutes e-mailing you in total I find it hard to believe you've spent hours. I have been nothing but pleasant and wouldn't consider this an argument. If you're thinking I'm some old guy sitting up here in front of my computer you've thought wrong. I'm 21 years old. I know what I'm doing- I know what I'm talking about- I know you're selling a false product- and I'm extremely insulted. I guess I'm going to have to take this further by contacting the Better Business Bureau.

P.S. I only received a refund for 2 out of the 4 glechoma plants that i purchased from you over the past year.

Thanks,
J"

Keep in mind I wrote about 3 e-mails to her in total. Anyway- Whatever you do make sure you know what you're buying from this site. I had it confirmed by 2 plant experts that what she is selling is indeed a strain of glechoma. A third person confirmed it who actually grows it in her garden. If you're looking for gotu kola I suggest Companion Plants.
On September 16th, 2008, mistari added the following:

After informing the owner she wasn't selling gotu kola she was selling something else, she continued to pretend I said nothing and continues to sell fake gotu kola. Here is a thread from a plant forum with 4 people confirming it is not gotu kola: http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/forums/showthread.php?p=16...

Even googling gotu kola and looking at the images, comparing her plant to the gotu kola.. the two plants are completely different. I would be wary purchasing anything from this site. They have no clue what they're doing.

On a positive note, I did get a full refund. I offered to remove my negative status from the garden watchdog if she would refund me and stop selling the fake gotu kola. But she refused to stop selling it and I was obligated to report them to the better business bureau.
On September 22nd, 2008, mistari added the following:

Wikipedia article of Gotu Kola: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotu_kola

Any idiot can see from her picture of her "gotu kola" is completely different from real gotu kola. And Ms. Parsons is obviously not aware that Gotu Kola is a flowering plant. Don't expect her to post the BBB results, but I will.
On May 20th, 2009, mistari added the following:

Just wanted to update this.. After neem tree farms finally realized that their plant isn't gotu kola they took it off their site for months.. and now I see they have negligently put it up for sale again on their site. And it's criminal what they are doing. AVOID AVOID AVOID
Company representative comment on September 17, 2008:

On Sep 17, 2008 6:05 AM, Neem Tree Farms added:

Some people simply wonít believe anything that comes from ďexpertsĒ other than their own. His experts say our gotu kola is Glecoma hederacea -- a flowering plant -- and that the reason we havenít seen flowers in the 8-10 years weíve been growing it is because conditions werenít good.

The original plants were purchased from an Ayurvedic physician in Miami and Iíve asked two other Ayurvedic experts to confirm that they are indeed Centella asiatica -- and theyíre looking at the plant and tasting it, not relying on photos.

Before you believe this rating, please check our eBay status where all customers are encouraged to leave feedback. Weíve been selling this plant for years and getting great reviews, and Google Images shows photos of both types of leaves. As Mr. Marzo points out, his money was cheerfully refunded but now heís apparently decided that we deserve to be punished for disagreeing with him.

Frankly, Iím looking forward to a thorough investigation by the Better Business Bureau. I'll post the results here as soon as they're available.

Positive jt0505
Alicante
Spain
December 9, 2007
We have been buying neem seedlings and seeds from Neem Tree Farms for the past 10 months. I have to say the service has been excellent at all times and the lady in charge has gone out of her way many times to meet our special demands. I wish all companies doing business in the Internet would provide such an excellent service.
Positive Healingcove
Playas De Tijuana
Mexico
December 5, 2007
I too have crossed the international boundries by making an order of seeds from Neem Tree Farms to be shipped into Mexico . Before my order was approved, Neem Tree Farms went the extra mile by checking all requirements into Mexico . Make note: Neem Tree Farms notified me that a Phytosanitary Certificate is not required for Seeds into Mexico. Also Note: I stress, this was a courtesy on Neem Tree Farms part, not their responsibility, I am the purchaser so my responsibility to know the laws of the country in which I reside. I received my shipment; and Neem Tree Farms also followed up to ensure all was to my satisfaction and has infact asked me to keep them informed as to my success with my seeds. Excellent company, professional courteous customer service; I will deffinately purchase again and I am quite proud to recommend to others.
Negative DiMach
Yokneam
Israel
December 4, 2007
This company looking for ways to make exta charges from customers.
I tried to buy 12 seeds, but my order reach about $85 and was cancelled, because I asked to reduce extras.
On December 5th, 2007, DiMach added the following:

Phytosanitary certificate is not required for export. Anybody can check USDA web-site, and attempt to find some information. Besides, its not $60 value, its cost about $25-$30.

So, I think its not required addition explains regards my negative raiting. All comprehensible from 'Neem Tree Farms' representative comment.
On December 5th, 2007, DiMach added the following:

I requested reduce extras only, because Phytosanitary certificate is not required. It was not request for order cancelation.
Besides, I requested specific parcel declaration ("gift" or "sample") for quick processing in our post system, because neem seeds not store well and now end of season. I know our plant-protection law, and I know that its not criminal and I dont worry about her complaint to our goverment. But potential customers needs to be worried and keep away from this hysterical company.
Company representative comment on December 5, 2007:

On Dec 4, 2007 1:10 PM, Neem Tree Farms added:

The truth of the matter is that this man asked us to break the law and ship seeds to Israel without the required phytosanitary statement. The extra charges would have covered the inspection his government demanded, we wouldn't have made an extra cent even though it would have required significantly more time. I'll contact him personally and ask that he remove that ranking, or I'll contact the Israeli government with our email correspondence explaining the problem.

On Dec 5, 2007 6:50 AM, Neem Tree Farms added:

If the phyto is not required, why would his order form specifically request?

"Please, don't declare "seeds" as content of parcel. Mark it as "gift" or "sample". Thank you."

I've reported him to the Israeli government, so I guess they'll answer the question. My long-term contact at the USDA said that seeds required a $60 phytosanitary inspection, I assumed they were correct and canceled the order at his request. He was never charged for it and I'm not sure why he feels as though we need to have a battle on this venue.

Positive Pokok
Pittsburg, CA
June 17, 2006
Received 2 sweet neem plants very fast! Plants look healthy. They were very well packed with instructions to care for them. Owner of the company is very responsive to email inquiries. Very very good experience!!!
Positive easter0794
Seffner, FL
November 22, 2004
Great seller. I purchased six yearlings. I can't wait to watch these grow. Vendor is very nice and let me pick out the plants I wanted from the greenhouse. Excellent experience and I would definately buy from again.
Positive brandal
September 3, 2003
This is a wonderful place to buy some of the NEEM Trees, The trees were very pretty and big, the price was excellent for this outstanding trees. Fast in delivery and the packing was nice and secured. Will order more soon, just waiting for a bigger garden, maybe by next year. Highly priced by me.
On September 16th, 2003, brandal added the following:

How wonderful it was to received more little trees without costing me money, They are so beautiful. I like to thank you this way, I will recomment your company with everyone I'am in contact with and everyone in our nursery, lots of people yet have to find out what your plants can do for the human race. I thank you very much. You are the best. Adik