The scoop on 'Seeds of Italy (Franchi)'

Seeds of Italy (Franchi)

C3 Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent
Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 0208 427 5020
Fax: 0208 427 5051

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Comments:

Positive mmercedes
Houtzdale, PA (Zone 5a)
May 3, 2013
Posted on May 3, 2013, updated May 3, 2013
Wow. Placed my first order this winter. Fabulous seeds. I was truly shocked at how HUGE the packets are for the price. Stunning. No better value to be had anywhere.

High end packaging too. In fact, the artwork and design of the packets are quintessential Italian... just beautiful. I actually hated to wreck the packets to open them. I couldn't resist ordering a couple of their fragrant soaps and loved them also.

EXCELLENT germination too. A+. HIGHLY recommend. Can't wait to harvest and eat these unusual varieties.
On May 3rd, 2013, mmercedes added the following:

Looking at how few reviews are here, i just want to add that you do NOT have to wait for your seeds to come from Great Britian. DON'T be afraid to order from them. My seeds were shipped VERY quickly and directly from the U.S.A. distributor. You do not have to pay overseas postage or wait for your order.

I just looked it up and see the following at GrowItalian.com: "Franchi didn't have an agent in the U.S., so Bill started importing the seeds and reselling them. For the next decade, Seeds from Italy grew rapidly under Bill's enthusiastic ownership. You can watch Bill on the Martha Stewart Show talking about his favorite Italian vegetables."

I am so impressed with the seeds and think they deserve way better exposure on Dave's Garden Watchdog!
Positive roxxanne
Houston, PA (Zone 6a)
September 8, 2010
Great company! Packages contain tons of seeds. Had fast germination and the varieties were ones that you can't find normally here in the states. I loved the Pomodoro Consoluto Fiorentino, my new favorite tomato! I highly recommend this company.
Positive roseimp
(Rosie) Belturbet
Ireland
August 27, 2008
A great company to buy seed from and I have bought from then for 2 years now. They always deliver speedily and don't sell in tens as with most companies - you get hundreds of seed for you money. Also prices are really reasonable. I will be ordering from them always.
Positive gypsyfamilyfarm
Evansville, Manitoulin Island
Canada
February 8, 2008
Unbelievable speed! I ordered the evening of Jan 26 and had seeds in hand the morning of Feb 5... that was quicker than I get my domestic orders! Packages are very well done and the seeds look good. Easy web-site to navigate and many hard to find varieties. These folks seem to care about their product.
Highly recommended.
Ted
Positive Tanyasgarden
Oakley, CA
January 21, 2008
Have ordered seeds from these folks for the last two years. They are nicely packaged and healthy first class seed. We have tried a variety of their vegetable seed and will be ordering again this year.
Positive bevc
June 18, 2003
Wonderful seeds. Great % of germination and very prolific crops. Also customer service was excellent. Selection of Italian seeds was very pleasing. Made a customer out of me!!!