The scoop on 'Exotic Orchids of Maui'

Exotic Orchids of Maui

Haiku, Hawaii 96708
(United States)

Phone: 808-575-2255

Comments:

Positive Greenpeter6
Astoria, NY
July 13, 2011
If possible, it would only be right to give this company a higher than positive rating. Everything about my purchase was outstanding. Beautiful plants, exquisitely packed, and received in two days in Long Island City, NY-- the equivalent of two continents away! I am pleasantly amazed and recommend Exotic Orchids of Maui highly to anyone wanting to buy orchids online.
Positive claire25
Salisbury, MD
June 15, 2009
Exotic Orchids of Maui has great plants, great prices, and excellent customer service. I once ordered an Encyclia bractescens from them that arrived in full bloom--it was packed so well that there was zero shipping damage to any of the blooms or foliage, despite it's having traveled all the way from Maui to my doorstep. All the orchids I have ordered from them have been very healthy. I once had to contact them regarding a mistake on my bill--they were very courteous and resolved the error immediately. Will gladly do business with them again.
Positive GrowinEngrGirl
Pocatello, ID (Zone 5a)
February 11, 2009
I ordered 5 orchids from them recently. All were extremely well packaged and arrived in amazing shape. Their prices are incredible, and you will get large and healthy plants. When they say a plant is blooming size, it is! One arrived in bloom, another arrived in spike, and no blasting. I was blown away when my order arrived because I never though the plants would be as big as they were based on the price.

Customer service is good. I didn't have to contact them for anything special, but they do send a confirmation email. They also sent my tracking info as soon as the order was shipped. My order arrived just a few days after ordering via fedex.

Nearly two months later all the plants are doing excellent and never showed any signs of shipping stress, a testament to the quality and care of packaging. A small freebie orchid was also included. I just can't say enough good stuff about them. I'll order from them again without hesitation.
Positive hawaiiroses
Honolulu, HI
August 23, 2008
I've ordered orchids from them several times. I always get large healthy plants with good roots, and they are generous with thank you gifts also. One thing I especially like is that they hybridize to get orchids that bloom frequently or stay in bloom for long periods of time. Highly recommended.
Positive 2mitchells
Apopka, FL (Zone 9b)
March 29, 2008
We found and old orchid hybrid we had been looking for for years and ordered two compots worth. EOM emailed me my tracking number exactly when they told me they would. The order shipped on time and arrived two days later. Orchids were pack as well as one could ever think to pack them and, to my surprise, the seedlings in the compots were much larger than I expected and look to be ready to step up very shortly. The "freebie" was a pleasant surprise too. We'll definately order from them again.

Thanks EOM!!!
Positive nancyanne
Lafayette, LA (Zone 9a)
January 7, 2008
To echo all of the above: robust plants, excellent size for the price, well packed and shipped promptly. No downside! Company answers e-mails quickly.
Positive dbarron
Hindsville, AR (Zone 6b)
November 8, 2007
I've ordered many times from EOM and never had a disappointment yet. The orders arrive timely and in excellent shape, usually plants in bud or flower are sent. (I'm sure that's obviously on an available basis and if this species is flowering at that time)
Positive cosmosoma
Hyattsville, MD
January 29, 2007
I have purchased orchids at least five times from this company. Every time, the plants have been extremely healthy (nice, plump pseudobulbs and healthy root systems), have arrived quickly, and were well-packed. I haven't had better experience with any other grower - they are great! Don't hesitate to purchase From EOOM!
Positive hendersonag
Camden, SC
January 4, 2007
Received orchid shipment today. Beautiful, healthy plants, sized as described and packed so very carefully. Many were much more developed than I would have expected. Web site is also very easy to navigate and quick loading even on my snail modem. Exotic Orchids of Maui represents a superior on line shopping experience and rates a 10 out of 10 in my book.
Positive 1heart
Paradise, CA
December 27, 2006
Every experience I've had with Maui Orchids has been super-positive. My plants all arrived healthy, well-packed, and always exactly on time. They have a large selection of orchids, some very hard to find, but even then their prices are extremely affordable. In the past year I've ordered nearly a hundred orchids from Maui Orchids. The owner, Mike Blietz is one of the most helpful and courteous orchid growers ever. He never fails to add in a free seedling orchid with all my orders. Many, many times my orchids arrived in spike, bud, or sheath. My last order had an Angraecum sesquipedale in spike! They're the best. I plan on doing business with Mike for as long as he sells orchids.
Positive xineann
Beaverton, OR
October 11, 2006
I've bought from them twice. Great communication, excellent packing, hardy seedlings both times. They worked with me on delivery timing and even figured out my likes from my order and gave me a freebie in the same vein. I can't recommend them highly enough.
Positive lwsd
Coronado, CA
August 22, 2006
I'm so pleased with my experience with this company. Upon ordering, I received an e-mail of my order. It was shipped on a Monday; I received an e-mail of my tracking order. It's Tuesday and I just got my plants. All very healthy, and even got a free one! Then, to top off this great experience, they didn't charge me for shipping!!! They are having a 'free shipping' special this week. Check out their website for details. Also, don't forget the first time customer coupon.
GREAT PLACE. Will be ordering again.
Linda
Positive OrchidCraze
Nashua, NH
August 3, 2006
I want to give this orchid nursery a big A++
I received several plants and all were in perfect condition. Most were popping out of their current pots and all were healthier and larger than I expected. I was SO pleased with my first order and plan to make more!
An extra orchid was a HUGE bonus too! Not much better than that to make me a happy customer ;c)
Positive gailkaitschuck
Augusta, GA
July 22, 2005
Received my first order from them; 10 orchids. Excellent size; extremely well packed. I've ordered a number of plants to be shipped and never have I had a company ship with such detail to making sure the product reached me safely.

Plants were very, very large and quite healthy. Very impressive! This is an excellent source for those looking for orchids.
Positive tervherd
Lima, OH
July 14, 2005
Good quality plants, prompt delivery, well wrapped so they arrived in good condition (purchased online).
Positive KDePetrillo
North Scituate, RI (Zone 6a)
April 7, 2004
I wish every business was as reliable as this one: I've ordered over a dozen orchid plants from them and have always been 100% delighted with my order. Every plant was sturdy, healthy, well-rooted and thriving. Many of their plants are also available on the E-Bay auction. This company is AAAA+ with me!
Positive cxgray
Long Beach, CA
January 27, 2003
A fantastic combination of excellent web site, service and plant quality. Company was very prompt in responding to an email request for assistance is selecting hardy orchid species for my location. All three plants ordered arrived within 10 days in excellent condition and a gift milt. was a generous surprise.