The scoop on 'Ambergate Gardens'

Ambergate Gardens

8730 County Road 43
Chaska, Minnesota 55318-9358 (United States)

Phone: 1-877-211-9769

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: $2.00

Visit Ambergate Gardens at:

This company offers a variety of bulbs and plants.

Comments:

Neutral woof12
Philadelphia, PA
December 3, 2013
Posted on April 2, 2013, updated December 3, 2013
No more catalog! It's a bit of a bummer. It was nice to look through it every spring.
On December 3rd, 2013, woof12 changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

I received a card in the mail for a going out of business sale. After this fall, I guess that's it for Ambergate gardens. Apparently the owners retired.
Positive PlantBos
Boston, MA
May 15, 2013
Ordered two martagon lillies for fall of 2011. Ambergate emailed letting me know the other varieties available but not listed on their website. As a result I ended up changing my order to Gaybird and Lois Hole. Both lilies bloomed the following year with two blooming stalks on the Gaybird. This year (2013) both lilies are much stronger and the Lois Hole has another stem (non blooming). Very good company with personable service and will not hesitate to order from them in the future.
Positive Ispahan
Chicago, IL (Zone 6a)
April 23, 2012
I had a wonderful ordering experience with this nursery. Barerooted plants are extremely large and healthy, the prices and shipping are inexpensive and Mike was accommodating of special order requests and quite easy to reach via e-mail. I will definitely be a repeat customer in the future.

I should also note that while Ambergate's catalogue may not have the most extensive selection compared to certain other mail order nurseries, all plants are carefully selected tried-and-true favorites that are proven cold hardy and vigorous. That said, there is a surprising number of rarities and uncommon selections tucked into their catalogue.
Positive gemres
Morris, MN
May 6, 2010
Large healthy plants, beautifully packaged, and great service. I ordered about six different species of perennials. Will definately order again.
Positive nlvwroses
Dillon, MT
May 3, 2010
I received my second order from Ambergate Gardens last week. I live in a very cold part of western Montana. The bareroot plants were packaged well and the root systems on them are very large and healthy. I will definitely be ordering from Ambergate Gardens again. I have ordered from a number of other mail order companies but find the size and quality of Ambergate Garden's perennials hard to beat. Thank you!
Positive Kodyjane
Muskegon, MI
April 14, 2009
I have placed two orders with Ambergate Gardens and was very satisfied both times. Plants were a good size and healthy. I liked how I could choose the shipping date that I knew would work for me.
Positive minnesotasue
June 8, 2002
Lots of plant material for the money. Great selection and stock is well cared for, Mike & Jean give good personal service and take time to answer questions.
Positive brendarogers
October 1, 2001
Not the widest selection, but some unusual material, and extremely good information. I received one bad plant last spring, which was cheerfully exchanged. Great service.