Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

The scoop on 'Almost Eden Plants'

Almost Eden Plants

Almost Eden Plants has 999 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Almost Eden Plants is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive tpeterson
Lakeville, MA
June 30, 2016
I ordered 3 Dragons Blood Sedum a few days ago - they were very responsive when I changed my order from a different sedum. The order came within a few days and the plants were in great condition!
Positive aechacko
Montville, NJ
June 12, 2016
I ordered two viburnum macrocephalum (Chinese snowball viburnum) plants from Almost Eden. None of my local nurseries carried these and they seem to be relatively hard to find compared to the more common European snowball plants. My order arrived via USPS priority mail earlier than expected. I took delivery on the third day after it was shipped. The plants arrived in really good condition, very well packed - no broken branches or wilting. Reasonable pricing.
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
May 27, 2016
Have purchased from this company twice this year. Great plants, very well packed! Very fast service and delivery. First order they didn't have something in stock and a check was accompanying my order for the refund.
Positive Adrienneny
Staten Island, NY (Zone 6b)
May 13, 2016
Almost Eden is a great plant store. Where else can you find Russelia plants or large Calliandra plants in bloom at great prices? The Porterweed plants were two feet tall too. Happily, I can't complain.
Positive jmcarolina
Greenville, SC
May 12, 2016
I recently placed my first order with Almost Eden and was extremely pleased. They shipped out my plants very quickly and I got them in 2 days despite being 4 states away. The plants are very healthy looking and were well packed for shipment. I look forward to ordering more from them in the future.
Positive GardenRanger
Lynchburg, VA
May 6, 2016
Have ordered two times from John and his nursery this Spring. Very pleased with both orders.

Most people would be taken aback with the smaller plants. But, I selected difficult to source cultivars. They were very well grown.

I moved them up when they arrived. Camellias and Fig have since doubled in size. I'll grow them off till
Fall, plant, mulch well and let nature do Her job.

The other plants I ordered, that are not easily located here in Central Va., have been healthy, great size and securely packaged. No damage during shipment.

First, communication and heads up when shipping was excellent.

We are very pleased with our initilal experiences and the high quality plant products. I'm glad we found John and his crew.
Positive dapapabear2
Hartford, CT (Zone 5a)
April 20, 2016
This spring was my first order with Almost Eden. My plants were shipped on the day requested and arrived in excellent shape. Throughout there was great communication. Will for sure order from here again.
Positive imsnow
Roseville, CA
April 8, 2016
Posted on April 8, 2016, updated April 8, 2016
I ordered an Incrediball Hydrangea near the end of January 2016. It is now April and the plant appears to be nothing but a dead twig. Not a leaf in sight. The twig looks like I could crunch it in my hand and it would become dust. Around the same time I ordered a Carefree Beauty rose that arrived with what appeared to be canker and black spot. I tried to nurse it back to health, but all the leaves fell off and it died. Rather than complain, I purchased another Carefree Beauty rose from this business in April 2016. This second plant has arrived clearly diseased!

Also in January 2016, I ordered a Penny Mac Hydrangea and Eva Lyon Holmes Hydrangea. I promptly planted them, and it is now April and they look like dead twigs. I live in zone 9b, our spring starts in March. By now these sticks should have least grown a leaf or something! Now that I think about it, of the 6 plants I\'ve ordered from this company, ONLY 1 arrived healthy and is looking like it will thrive. (It\'s a limelight.)
On April 8th, 2016, imsnow changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I left my earlier comment without giving the business a chance to remedy the situation. Upon learning of my unhappiness, they promptly issue me a refund and let me know that had I voiced my concerns with them directly, that they would have worked with me to either replace or refund the plants immediately. My previous comment was unfair to the business because I did not communicate with them effectively, nor did I give them the chance to make things better. I appreciate that they issued me a refund within hours of learning of my discontent.
Positive ctgrower
Stratford, CT
March 30, 2016
Just received my first order from this outstanding company, and couldn't be more pleased. Seconds after ordering online, John contacted me to confirm the best shipping date. Within two days I had my gorgeous, generously-sized gardenias, one of which is loaded with buds! Packaging was both secure and intelligent, and both plants were still moist. You just can't get better than perfect, and I can't wait to add more beautiful plants from this wonderful grower. Thank you so much!
Positive chicomorales
st maarten,
Netherlands Antilles
October 20, 2015
This is a great company with great service!
I have made almost half dozen order or more lost count!
If there is ever a problem just ask John and he sorts it out promptly. I usually order tropicals from them.
Some of the best packed plants for shipping i've seen.
You might find others who could be a bit cheaper, but prob not the same quality, service or followup.
Positive Sos07
IJAMSVILLE, MD (Zone 7a)
September 24, 2015
I have always had a good experience with this company.The plants are well packed for travel,transplant well.
All in all fantastic and affordable .
Positive Andrewporto
Woodbridge, CT
August 26, 2015
I ordered a 2.5 inch fig cutting. My first experience with online plant shopping. I was expecting a branch that would require rooting hormones, baggies, regulated temperature, etc.
Prior to shipping, I received an email asking if I would be there on the specific day to receive or else we would discuss shipping on an alternate date.
The item arrived on schedule and packaged more thoroughly than I expected.
I was surprised to receive a full plant and not the cutting I was expecting. 11 inches ( 7 inches + 4 inch pot ). There were 5-6 leaves growing and not one thing looked amiss from shipping. This plant looked healthier than any you would find at local nurseries. I could not imagine buying an online plant from another seller.
Positive LovesJasmine
Windsor, ON (Zone 6a)
July 24, 2015
What a wonderful company. I ordered two jasmines from them in February and they both arrived extremely well packed ( they are perishable! ) and in excellent condition. As a bonus, I placed the order late at night. One order, I thought. I received an email asking if I wanted 2 orders of two plants each or was that an error? I was very impressed! I cannot say enough to too much good things about their product, shipping AND customer service.
Positive MattW1969
Fremont, OH
July 12, 2015
I ordered two honeyvines. The plants arrived on time and were in good shape. I will be ordering from this company again in the future.
Positive GingerT
Summerfield, FL
June 10, 2015
I have ordered several of the orchid cactus from them and all have arrived in good condition and thriving! Great company
Positive mjaeckel
Atlanta, GA (Zone 8a)
June 10, 2015
One of my new favorite online retailers! They provide excellent customer service, process and ship orders very fast, and offer gorgeous and healthy plants that are meticulously packaged.
Positive nanajoanb
Chapel Hill, NC
June 6, 2015
Just received my first order from Almost Eden and am very impressed. Lovely Chinese Butterfly Bletillia, superbly packaged, and still moist. Well done!!
Will certainly shop here again.
PS- communication was wonderful, as I had to adjust shipping time frame.
Positive blueskyfd11
Harrison Valley, PA (Zone 5a)
May 21, 2015
One of BEST experiences I've had with online plant shopping. Super fast shipping, excellent care with wrapping and shipping plants and they stayed in contact with me plus the size of plants ordered were much larger (and healthier) than any other place I've done business with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I will be a return shopper and will be letting the many plant groups know the quality and care and friendly service provided.
Positive bfreiberg
Bay Area, CA (Zone 10a)
May 20, 2015
Thanks so much! Ordered a Passiflora Lady Margaret and it was huge and already has several flower buds on it. Wrapped very carefully and there was no damage done to the plant during shipping. It actually came earlier than they said to expect, and John was very helpful and quick when answering my questions through email. I'll definitely be ordering from here again.
Positive spikemom
Philadelphia, PA
May 15, 2015
Although I live in Zone 6B, I plant some tropicals every summer. Almost Eden carries some of the harder-to-find varieties that I love. This year's order of 6 russelia equisetiformis (firecracker fern) arrived yesterday, safely packed and brimming with fresh greenery. The owner, John, answers every question and really cares about his customers.
Positive Qdangson
Quincy, MA
May 1, 2015
I bought 7 brugmansias in 4" pots and love them! They all lost most their leaves during shipping but that was to be expected, but they were robust and pot bound (which is good). I repotted them last week and roots are already growing down the bottom of the 1 gallon nursery containers and are just starting to flush new leaves under some grow lights. They have outpaced so called 1 gallon bare roots I bought off ebay.
Positive LanaBeth
Greensboro, MD
April 23, 2015
I am very, very impressed! Placed my first order with them and just recorded my pants. They were by far the nicest plants I have gotten from a mail order, well packaged and despite being delicate, blooming! I will definitely order from them again.
Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 21, 2015
I LOVE Almost Eden Plants. I have ordered from them several times so far, and each order packaged and shipped carefully, and the plants are healthy and much larger than expected. They have a great selection to choose from, even several rare plants. This place is in my Top 10.
Positive Lovehum
April 16, 2015
Fantastic!

First, the customer service is superb: Prompt, personable, and helpful.

The plants are much bigger than expected.

The shipping was fast.

Huge selection of hard to find plants, especially hummingbird plants.

I'm extremely happy with this seller. Highly recommended.
Positive Kjani
Gig Harbor, WA
April 1, 2015
Posted on March 30, 2015, updated April 1, 2015
This is my first time ordering from Almost Eden. They were very helpful. I was looking for a special Crossvine \"Helen Fredel\" which is not available here in the Northwest or west coast - that I could find. Finally I wrote to Almost Eden to ask when they would get this crossvine back in for availability and they called me the next morning and let me know they had 1. I ordered it and several other plants. The only problem was the Scarlet Lobelia came in damaged. The packaging was excellent so I could not understand why or how the damage occurred. I contacted Almost Eden. He said give it two weeks, if it doesn\'t recover let us know and we will replace or refund - my choice. I waited only a week and it looked worse. I contacted them (John and Jeff) and they immediately shipped out a new one post haste (I haven\'t received it yet as it only shipped out Friday from the south/east all the way over here to the Pacific Northwest) and it is only Monday - 3 days so far :) . I have had excellent service and was very happy with the order and the results so far!!! And look forward to my new plant. They sent the shipping and tracking codes immediately upon the replacement.

K
On April 1st, 2015, Kjani added the following:

WOW I just got my replacement plant today and it is gorgeous!!! so happy! They sent it priority mail over $11 just on shipping. It got to me within 3 days! The plant is gorgeous...they really went out of their way for me.

thank you!!!
K
Positive gregardener
Littleton, CO
January 1, 2015
I live in Colorado. First time ordering. My plants were received in excellent condition. The plants were of high quality. Their plants are reasonably priced. And the selection of native plants from southeastern Texas is good. Highly recommend.
Company representative comment on January 29, 2015:
hello
Positive FlowerPotTipper
Richland, WA (Zone 7a)
December 11, 2014
Posted on March 16, 2014, updated December 12, 2014
I just received my first order from this company and they are excellent all the way around. They email all information (receipt, shipping, and info on caring for your plants when you receive them)...I was told my plant would be here on a Thursday or Friday, but I got it on Wednesday, which was VERY awesome!! (I have no patience when it comes to waiting for new plants in the mail lol). The plant was very healthy and a lot bigger then I expected. The packaging was done very well. I have not one complaint about this nursery and I will be buying from them again now that I know I can trust them...they have so many other plants I would love to have!! Thank you Almost Eden!!
On December 11th, 2014, FlowerPotTipper added the following:

Just got my 2nd order today, and again I'm impressed. My plant was a lot larger then I expected and even blooming. My plant from my 1st order, a Ceropegia sandersonii, has grown so much, I can't believe it. When I first got, the vine was about 2 and half feet long, and now it's as tall as me when I unwind the vine, which I'm 5'6. Hasn't bloomed yet, but that might be a light issue, this spring/summer I'll put it outside instead of leaving it inside. I love how big the plants are, if you order something in a 4 inch pot, your gonna get a plant that's very well established in that 4 inch pot.

They're also the only plant nursery that puts 'Live plant' and 'perishable' on the boxes, and comes with a copy of a agriculture certificate. The plants are wrapped in cardboard sheet and put into a cardboard box, with a wet paper towel wrapped around the soil and taped down very good. Not a leaf was messed up.

I look forward to ordering from them again in the near future!! 10 out of 10 stars!!
Positive mjcd13
Appomattox, VA
November 30, 2014
I ordered camellia's along with other plants twice from this company--once two years ago and again last month. Both times I received beautiful plants that were well packed. My older plants are all thriving and doing well. Thank you, I will definitely order again.
Positive MonarchLover
Holt, MI
November 12, 2014
What a great company and extraordinary customer service. This was my first time ordering from Almost Eden and I will definitely be back. I ordered pentas and lantana to be shipped to Michigan in November (for overwintering butterflies), and John was so accommodating - he shipped my plants early, double-boxed it for extra warmth (the temps were quite cold here), and even substituted one of the non-blooming varieties I ordered with one that had flowers. I received my order in two days, and the plants were gorgeous - huge and all flowering. He even sent an extra plant at no charge! The prices were great, too. All around awesome experience.
Positive plantlovernyc
Flushing, NY
September 17, 2014
Just received my order from Almost Eden today and it came packed beautifully as usual, with good sized plants that are in great condition. I have purchased plants from Almost Eden for several years and love this company and the plants. I would recommend Almost Eden without any hesitation for all my wonderful experiences dealing wi this company.
Positive Old_Gardener
Calabasas, CA
August 14, 2014
Posted on February 13, 2013, updated August 14, 2014
Posted on January 26, 2013, updated February 13, 2013
Fantastic company!! I placed an order for 8 plants last weekend and it was shipped out on Tuesday (Monday was a federal holiday - no mail service). Due to no fault of John\'s, the USPS routed my package to the wrong post office. When I did not receive my plants yesterday, I emailed John as per the instructions he had sent with his shipping notice and he emailed me with the tracking information. Happily, my plants were quickly re-routed and I received them this morning. Although they spent an extra day in transit, each plant is absolutely exquisite and much larger than I had anticipated (by a lot)!!!! Due to the extra care that Almost Eden takes when shipping, my order looked as if it was packaged this morning.

I will definitely order from Almost Eden, again! The plants that I received are robust and of highest quality, the packaging is fantastic, and customer service was not only quick in responding, but also extremely courteous and helpful. On a scale of 1 to 10, Almost Eden deserves a 20! Thank you, Almost Eden and John, for turning what could have been a nightmare into such a great experience!!!!!
On February 13th, 2013, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed another order for 17 plants -primarily for a shady area in the backyard - and, as before, each plant looks great! They only took 2 days to arrive (shipped Monday, received Wednesday morning) and I could not be more pleased with the quality or the packaging. Almost Eden is fantastic!
On August 14th, 2014, Old_Gardener added the following:

I placed another order this year and, like before, every plant is exceptional! I particularly am enjoying both the bananas and the variegated costus - lovely, lovely plants! The butterfly gingers have now quadrupled in size (amazing how quickly these are growing), the costus are 3 times the size and the bananas are putting on height rapidly - all in about 10 weeks in the ground! Still a 10 star nursery and I will definitely order from them again and again. Thank you, John!!!!
Positive texasbelle
Mid Gulf Coast, TX (Zone 9b)
July 17, 2014
I received another order from Almost Eden yesterday - the 2 plants were HUGE and were packaged so well that not even a leaf was broken. The customer service and attention to detail by these folks is the best in the business. Thanks to John, his family and staff for providing us with beautiful, healthy plants that aren't available locally. Hope to order from you for many more years!!!
Positive alyceweberschmi
Richardson, TX (Zone 8a)
July 16, 2014
Wow, could not wait to review this company. I have been looking for a Ginger Lily since I have a fragrant garden. Had ordered and received from another vendor some bulbs early this year but none came up. I found Almost Eden and ordered a plant in a 4 inch pot. They arrived today. And again WOW. Everything from the price, to the shipping and packaging and the plant was above my expectations. The plant is healthy and the packaging was perfect. I will order again from these people.
Positive sugarlump
Louisville, KY
June 20, 2014
I couldn't be more pleased with my experience.
Lots of selection, good pricing, the ordering process was simple- I was kept up to date with emails confirming my order and shipment- and the plants arrived when promised.
The plants themselves were packaged securely and arrived in beautiful condition- as good as if I purchased them locally rather than had them shipped hundreds of miles.
Happy!
Positive Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
May 30, 2014
I ordered a Pineapple verbena a couple weeks ago from this company. When I received it, the soil was bone dry and the plant dessicated. I sent an email to the company, since it was Saturday, I didn't really expect a response. I heard from them within an hour, offering a new plant or a refund. I chose another plant. It arrived today, with ample moisture, and is gorgeous! This is exemplary customer service in my book! I will not hesitate to buy from them again!
Positive vunguyen1984
Riverside, CA
May 26, 2014
Good company
Healthy plant received
Positive fllibrarian
Crystal River, FL
May 21, 2014
I ordered two Queen's Wreath several weeks ago. They arrived in excellent condition. One of the plants had blooms! They are both now in the ground and doing beautifully! Both plants are blooming now!

I just received today a Night Blooming Cereus. I ordered this plant after reading the Dave's article on this plant a week ago--I just had to have one! Like the petreas, this plant also arrived in excellent condition.

Almost Eden's prices are also fantastic!
Positive VanGarden
Thibodaux, LA (Zone 9a)
May 14, 2014
Very healthy plants
Very friendly customer service.
Great variety of plants native to my area.
Very satisfied with this mail order company
Positive staceya
Whitefish, MT
April 27, 2014
This is the first vendor I have used from Dave's gardens garden watchdog. (How I missed the garden watchdog site after 40 years of gardening is beyond me) In all those years, this was. The BEST service and product I have ever gotten. I have ordered mail order plants annually-ish for 15 years and have never been so impressed. In fact, I have often been underwhelmed.

Here is why I liked them so much
1. Confirmation email after ordering.
2. Email with delivery date
3. Arrived on exact delivery date
4. Package with great care.
5. Plant arrived looking healthy and happy. (Well I am not sure if the plant was really happy, but I was really happy.
Positive EucalyptusMorn
Mansfield, TX
March 8, 2014
I have ordered from many, many companies. I have never had an with the plants arrive in perfect condition until I received my recent order from Almost Eden. I was and still am in awe of the care they took in packaging the plants to assure they arrived in such a wonderful condition. Not one grain of soil nor one leaf on a plant was lost. I highly, highly recommend this company.

Copyright © 2000-2016 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.