The scoop on 'Almost Eden Plants'

Almost Eden Plants

Almost Eden Plants has 975 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Almost Eden Plants is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive StGallDetroit
Detroit, MI
August 19, 2017
A lovely and professional experience on every level.
Positive mimmorgan
Beaumont, TX
July 5, 2017
I have ordered twice (total of 6 plants) from Almost Eden and I cannot say enough good about them! The plants were much bigger and healthier than I expected and the prices were reasonable. In addition to the quality, they have a great selection of hard to find specimens. They were packed very carefully and obviously had been well tended to before that. I have a whole wish list of plants I will be purchasing from them in the future!
Positive nemesis1993
Chicago, IL
July 1, 2017
Very pleased with purchase. Very large Iris and plants received. Will order from again. Thanks again.
Positive skyg1831
Lynbrook, NY
June 15, 2017
Posted on May 27, 2016, updated June 15, 2017
Have purchased from this company twice this year. Great plants, very well packed! Very fast service and delivery. First order they didn\'t have something in stock and a check was accompanying my order for the refund.
On June 15th, 2017, skyg1831 added the following:

I'm definitely a repeat customer. Plants always packed beautifully and transport well. GREAT customer service. Have recommended this site to several people and they, too, are very well satisfied.
Positive amazindirt
mid-state, TN (Zone 7a)
June 7, 2017
WOW.

My first order with Almost Eden. I've been collecting figs, and they had a couple of varieties I wanted to try -- and of course I had to buy a couple of other things while I was there.

First -- good prices. But low prices meant I didn't expect big plants.

Shipping -- well packed and stable in the box, no disturbance to the plants.

The plants -- the figs were about the height I expected for the price, but better branched and with more leaves than I expected. But here's the "wow" part: I purchased a bromeliad, and for the price I paid I expected to get one starter crown (fan? whatever you call it in bromeliads) -- something small. But what I got instead was a pot crammed full with six or seven fat and happy crowns. WOW. I have purchased that same plant elsewhere in years past, and for that big clump I'd expect to pay at least three or four times what Almost Eden charged me.

In sum -- big thumbs-up from me. I'll be happy to order from them again.
Positive Jewelweed
Arlington, TN
June 3, 2017
Posted on August 31, 2003, updated June 3, 2017
Stumbled on their web site this spring and thought I\'d take a chance and order, even though there were no reviews yet on this site. They offer some hard to find plants at reasonable prices. The web site acts funky, though, and the plant descriptions could be more detailed. I thought the plants were somewhat sloppily packed, and several arrived with broken stems because of this. However, they were so huge (even with the broken stems) that I didn\'t complain. Would order from them again.
On May 10th, 2004, Jewelweed added the following:

Ordered from them again & got a large, healthy, well-packed plant. Will definitely be a repeat customer.
On April 29th, 2006, Jewelweed added the following:

Placed online order for 6 plants on 4/25/06 at 3 pm. On 4/28/06 received 6 well-packaged, healthy plants by Priority Mail.
On March 23rd, 2008, Jewelweed added the following:

Had another positive experience with my Spring 2007 order. Recommend this company.
On May 5th, 2008, Jewelweed added the following:

This was my 6th year to order from this company and once again I am very satisfied.
On June 3rd, 2017, Jewelweed added the following:

Have continued to order from them. Last order for 13 plants received end of April 2017 during the week I specified shipment. All plants looked great and healthy and are doing well.
Positive JOHNFREEMAN
Seven Lakes, NC
June 1, 2017
THIS NURSERY IS ABSOLUTELY SUPERB.I've bought many plants from various nurseries and most were adequate some were diseased or otherwise inadequate.ALMOST EDEN has just sent me four of the healthiest ,best packaged,rapidly shipped and reasonably priced plants I've ever received by mail order.
The owner discussed the plants with me, provided good info.He stocks some plants almost impossible to find anywhere else and a wide selection of figs.I only wish that it were possible to buy all the plants I will need in the future from this company.The owner is a knowledgeable horticulturist and an excellent businessman, a rare combination!
Positive ABQ_True
Albuquerque, NM
May 18, 2017
Oh, how very badly I wanted a fringed milkweed vine (funastrum cynanchoides) for my pollinator garden. Considering my middling success in cold stratifying other milkweeds, and the cost of these particular seeds, a nursery offering the plant was ideal. Imagine my delight when I finally found Almost Eden after (literal) hours of web searching. So why get one when you can get four, right? I figured I'd end up killing at least half. Almost Eden shipped them promptly and they arrived quickly, with excellent packaging. The plants themselves were well rooted, multiple vines per plant already 6 inches to 1 foot long. And I haven't killed one yet! A testament to the plant vigor rather than my gardening skills.
Positive TMichelle
Platteville, WI
May 11, 2017
I ordered from Almost Eden largely because of the many positive reviews here, and was not disappointed. The Aloe vera plants they shipped were all larger than expected and very well packaged.
Positive tardis
Albuquerque, NM
May 10, 2017
Posted on April 6, 2011, updated May 10, 2017
I have never received plants in the mail approaching the perfect condition of those that came (quickly) from Almost Eden today. Excellent company!
On May 10th, 2017, tardis added the following:

Almost Eden is as close as it gets to mail-order paradise!
Positive annineasttexas
Palestine, TX
May 8, 2017
What a GREAT experience I had purchasing plants at Almost Eden recently. The several plants arrived in two days and every one was beautiful: such fresh, healthy, strong plants, they couldn't have been better. And the packing! Unbelievable the care and attention given to make sure they arrived in the best possible condition. And John---well, John is my new best friend. He not only answered myriad questions before I ordered, but took all the time I needed to walk through the process of placing my first order, then called me back to see if I had special instructions for the carrier (I did) and he made sure the boxes were marked accordingly. He is such a delight to talk with. I am absolutely recommending Almost Eden to everyone I know---the selection, ordering process, staff, personal attention to detail to make sure the customer is happy, the excellent plants--all perfect, could not be better. Thanks, John and staff!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Positive LNassal
Millington, TN
April 6, 2017
I have ordered brugmansia and iochroma several times in the last 2 years from Almost Eden. They are large, beautiful, healthy and not expensive. The packing is superb, and they rarely lose a leaf.
The company is so friendly and helpful with advice! They are very responsive to email, questions on their website and always answer their phones. The selection of plants they offer is vast and I see so many things I want to order! I recommend them very much. John is wonderful!
Positive zimjess
Marianna, FL
April 4, 2017
Nothing but positive experience with this company. I ordered 4 passiflora, one Incense and 3 Possum Purple. All arrived extremely vibrant and healthy looking, packed perfectly, no bends or cracks. Out of all the passiflora vines I have ordered this season, these were by far the best. Thick, strong stems, and strongly rooted in the pots. They have also been the quickest to acclimate and send out new growth. Just happy plants! Maybe because I am in a closer proximity to where they are grown? I don't know but will definitely order from AlmostEden any time. Thank you for making this such a pleasurable transaction when so many are disappointing!
Positive Merritt_Garling
Inverness, FL
February 11, 2017
I ordered 3 plants from Almost Eden. Yellow ' El Capitolio ' Hibiscus, Pink Turks Cap Hibiscus, and White Turks Cap Hibiscus. Plants were well rooted and healthy and ready to upsize when I received them. Communication with the company was superb. I liked everything so much I went back and ordered a Pakistan mulberry. Great company and great people.
Positive tpeterson
Lakeville, MA
June 30, 2016
I ordered 3 Dragons Blood Sedum a few days ago - they were very responsive when I changed my order from a different sedum. The order came within a few days and the plants were in great condition!
Positive aechacko
Montville, NJ
June 12, 2016
I ordered two viburnum macrocephalum (Chinese snowball viburnum) plants from Almost Eden. None of my local nurseries carried these and they seem to be relatively hard to find compared to the more common European snowball plants. My order arrived via USPS priority mail earlier than expected. I took delivery on the third day after it was shipped. The plants arrived in really good condition, very well packed - no broken branches or wilting. Reasonable pricing.
Positive Adrienneny
Staten Island, NY (Zone 6b)
May 13, 2016
Almost Eden is a great plant store. Where else can you find Russelia plants or large Calliandra plants in bloom at great prices? The Porterweed plants were two feet tall too. Happily, I can't complain.
Positive jmcarolina
Greenville, SC
May 12, 2016
I recently placed my first order with Almost Eden and was extremely pleased. They shipped out my plants very quickly and I got them in 2 days despite being 4 states away. The plants are very healthy looking and were well packed for shipment. I look forward to ordering more from them in the future.
Positive GardenRanger
Lynchburg, VA
May 6, 2016
Have ordered two times from John and his nursery this Spring. Very pleased with both orders.

Most people would be taken aback with the smaller plants. But, I selected difficult to source cultivars. They were very well grown.

I moved them up when they arrived. Camellias and Fig have since doubled in size. I'll grow them off till
Fall, plant, mulch well and let nature do Her job.

The other plants I ordered, that are not easily located here in Central Va., have been healthy, great size and securely packaged. No damage during shipment.

First, communication and heads up when shipping was excellent.

We are very pleased with our initilal experiences and the high quality plant products. I'm glad we found John and his crew.
Positive dapapabear2
Hartford, CT (Zone 5a)
April 20, 2016
This spring was my first order with Almost Eden. My plants were shipped on the day requested and arrived in excellent shape. Throughout there was great communication. Will for sure order from here again.
Positive imsnow
Roseville, CA
April 8, 2016
Posted on April 8, 2016, updated April 8, 2016
I ordered an Incrediball Hydrangea near the end of January 2016. It is now April and the plant appears to be nothing but a dead twig. Not a leaf in sight. The twig looks like I could crunch it in my hand and it would become dust. Around the same time I ordered a Carefree Beauty rose that arrived with what appeared to be canker and black spot. I tried to nurse it back to health, but all the leaves fell off and it died. Rather than complain, I purchased another Carefree Beauty rose from this business in April 2016. This second plant has arrived clearly diseased!

Also in January 2016, I ordered a Penny Mac Hydrangea and Eva Lyon Holmes Hydrangea. I promptly planted them, and it is now April and they look like dead twigs. I live in zone 9b, our spring starts in March. By now these sticks should have least grown a leaf or something! Now that I think about it, of the 6 plants I\'ve ordered from this company, ONLY 1 arrived healthy and is looking like it will thrive. (It\'s a limelight.)
On April 8th, 2016, imsnow changed the rating from negative to positive and added the following:

I left my earlier comment without giving the business a chance to remedy the situation. Upon learning of my unhappiness, they promptly issue me a refund and let me know that had I voiced my concerns with them directly, that they would have worked with me to either replace or refund the plants immediately. My previous comment was unfair to the business because I did not communicate with them effectively, nor did I give them the chance to make things better. I appreciate that they issued me a refund within hours of learning of my discontent.
Positive ctgrower
Stratford, CT
March 30, 2016
Just received my first order from this outstanding company, and couldn't be more pleased. Seconds after ordering online, John contacted me to confirm the best shipping date. Within two days I had my gorgeous, generously-sized gardenias, one of which is loaded with buds! Packaging was both secure and intelligent, and both plants were still moist. You just can't get better than perfect, and I can't wait to add more beautiful plants from this wonderful grower. Thank you so much!
Positive chicomorales
st maarten,
Netherlands Antilles
October 20, 2015
This is a great company with great service!
I have made almost half dozen order or more lost count!
If there is ever a problem just ask John and he sorts it out promptly. I usually order tropicals from them.
Some of the best packed plants for shipping i've seen.
You might find others who could be a bit cheaper, but prob not the same quality, service or followup.
Positive Sos07
IJAMSVILLE, MD (Zone 7a)
September 24, 2015
I have always had a good experience with this company.The plants are well packed for travel,transplant well.
All in all fantastic and affordable .
Positive Andrewporto
Woodbridge, CT
August 26, 2015
I ordered a 2.5 inch fig cutting. My first experience with online plant shopping. I was expecting a branch that would require rooting hormones, baggies, regulated temperature, etc.
Prior to shipping, I received an email asking if I would be there on the specific day to receive or else we would discuss shipping on an alternate date.
The item arrived on schedule and packaged more thoroughly than I expected.
I was surprised to receive a full plant and not the cutting I was expecting. 11 inches ( 7 inches + 4 inch pot ). There were 5-6 leaves growing and not one thing looked amiss from shipping. This plant looked healthier than any you would find at local nurseries. I could not imagine buying an online plant from another seller.
Positive LovesJasmine
Windsor, ON (Zone 6a)
July 24, 2015
What a wonderful company. I ordered two jasmines from them in February and they both arrived extremely well packed ( they are perishable! ) and in excellent condition. As a bonus, I placed the order late at night. One order, I thought. I received an email asking if I wanted 2 orders of two plants each or was that an error? I was very impressed! I cannot say enough to too much good things about their product, shipping AND customer service.
Positive MattW1969
Fremont, OH
July 12, 2015
I ordered two honeyvines. The plants arrived on time and were in good shape. I will be ordering from this company again in the future.
Positive GingerT
Summerfield, FL
June 10, 2015
I have ordered several of the orchid cactus from them and all have arrived in good condition and thriving! Great company
Positive mjaeckel
Atlanta, GA (Zone 8a)
June 10, 2015
One of my new favorite online retailers! They provide excellent customer service, process and ship orders very fast, and offer gorgeous and healthy plants that are meticulously packaged.
Positive nanajoanb
Chapel Hill, NC (Zone 7b)
June 6, 2015
Just received my first order from Almost Eden and am very impressed. Lovely Chinese Butterfly Bletillia, superbly packaged, and still moist. Well done!!
Will certainly shop here again.
PS- communication was wonderful, as I had to adjust shipping time frame.
Positive blueskyfd11
Harrison Valley, PA (Zone 5a)
May 21, 2015
One of BEST experiences I've had with online plant shopping. Super fast shipping, excellent care with wrapping and shipping plants and they stayed in contact with me plus the size of plants ordered were much larger (and healthier) than any other place I've done business with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! I will be a return shopper and will be letting the many plant groups know the quality and care and friendly service provided.
Positive bfreiberg
Bay Area, CA (Zone 10a)
May 20, 2015
Thanks so much! Ordered a Passiflora Lady Margaret and it was huge and already has several flower buds on it. Wrapped very carefully and there was no damage done to the plant during shipping. It actually came earlier than they said to expect, and John was very helpful and quick when answering my questions through email. I'll definitely be ordering from here again.
Positive spikemom
Philadelphia, PA
May 15, 2015
Although I live in Zone 6B, I plant some tropicals every summer. Almost Eden carries some of the harder-to-find varieties that I love. This year's order of 6 russelia equisetiformis (firecracker fern) arrived yesterday, safely packed and brimming with fresh greenery. The owner, John, answers every question and really cares about his customers.
Positive Qdangson
Quincy, MA
May 1, 2015
I bought 7 brugmansias in 4" pots and love them! They all lost most their leaves during shipping but that was to be expected, but they were robust and pot bound (which is good). I repotted them last week and roots are already growing down the bottom of the 1 gallon nursery containers and are just starting to flush new leaves under some grow lights. They have outpaced so called 1 gallon bare roots I bought off ebay.
Positive LanaBeth
Greensboro, MD
April 23, 2015
I am very, very impressed! Placed my first order with them and just recorded my pants. They were by far the nicest plants I have gotten from a mail order, well packaged and despite being delicate, blooming! I will definitely order from them again.
Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 21, 2015
I LOVE Almost Eden Plants. I have ordered from them several times so far, and each order packaged and shipped carefully, and the plants are healthy and much larger than expected. They have a great selection to choose from, even several rare plants. This place is in my Top 10.
Positive Lovehum
April 16, 2015
Fantastic!

First, the customer service is superb: Prompt, personable, and helpful.

The plants are much bigger than expected.

The shipping was fast.

Huge selection of hard to find plants, especially hummingbird plants.

I'm extremely happy with this seller. Highly recommended.
Positive Kjani
Gig Harbor, WA
April 1, 2015
Posted on March 30, 2015, updated April 1, 2015
This is my first time ordering from Almost Eden. They were very helpful. I was looking for a special Crossvine \"Helen Fredel\" which is not available here in the Northwest or west coast - that I could find. Finally I wrote to Almost Eden to ask when they would get this crossvine back in for availability and they called me the next morning and let me know they had 1. I ordered it and several other plants. The only problem was the Scarlet Lobelia came in damaged. The packaging was excellent so I could not understand why or how the damage occurred. I contacted Almost Eden. He said give it two weeks, if it doesn\'t recover let us know and we will replace or refund - my choice. I waited only a week and it looked worse. I contacted them (John and Jeff) and they immediately shipped out a new one post haste (I haven\'t received it yet as it only shipped out Friday from the south/east all the way over here to the Pacific Northwest) and it is only Monday - 3 days so far :) . I have had excellent service and was very happy with the order and the results so far!!! And look forward to my new plant. They sent the shipping and tracking codes immediately upon the replacement.

K
On April 1st, 2015, Kjani added the following:

WOW I just got my replacement plant today and it is gorgeous!!! so happy! They sent it priority mail over $11 just on shipping. It got to me within 3 days! The plant is gorgeous...they really went out of their way for me.

thank you!!!
K
Positive gregardener
Littleton, CO
January 1, 2015
I live in Colorado. First time ordering. My plants were received in excellent condition. The plants were of high quality. Their plants are reasonably priced. And the selection of native plants from southeastern Texas is good. Highly recommend.
Company representative comment on January 29, 2015:
hello
Positive FlowerPotTipper
Richland, WA (Zone 7a)
December 11, 2014
Posted on March 16, 2014, updated December 12, 2014
I just received my first order from this company and they are excellent all the way around. They email all information (receipt, shipping, and info on caring for your plants when you receive them)...I was told my plant would be here on a Thursday or Friday, but I got it on Wednesday, which was VERY awesome!! (I have no patience when it comes to waiting for new plants in the mail lol). The plant was very healthy and a lot bigger then I expected. The packaging was done very well. I have not one complaint about this nursery and I will be buying from them again now that I know I can trust them...they have so many other plants I would love to have!! Thank you Almost Eden!!
On December 11th, 2014, FlowerPotTipper added the following:

Just got my 2nd order today, and again I'm impressed. My plant was a lot larger then I expected and even blooming. My plant from my 1st order, a Ceropegia sandersonii, has grown so much, I can't believe it. When I first got, the vine was about 2 and half feet long, and now it's as tall as me when I unwind the vine, which I'm 5'6. Hasn't bloomed yet, but that might be a light issue, this spring/summer I'll put it outside instead of leaving it inside. I love how big the plants are, if you order something in a 4 inch pot, your gonna get a plant that's very well established in that 4 inch pot.

They're also the only plant nursery that puts 'Live plant' and 'perishable' on the boxes, and comes with a copy of a agriculture certificate. The plants are wrapped in cardboard sheet and put into a cardboard box, with a wet paper towel wrapped around the soil and taped down very good. Not a leaf was messed up.

I look forward to ordering from them again in the near future!! 10 out of 10 stars!!

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Tour | Contact Us ]