The scoop on 'Almost Eden Plants'

Almost Eden Plants

Almost Eden Plants has 1000 products listed in PlantScout.

Green Star: Good Almost Eden Plants is a Watchdog 30 company. Green Star: Good

1240 Smith Road
Merryville, Louisiana 70653 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive texasbelle
Mid Gulf Coast, TX (Zone 9b)
July 17, 2014
I received another order from Almost Eden yesterday - the 2 plants were HUGE and were packaged so well that not even a leaf was broken. The customer service and attention to detail by these folks is the best in the business. Thanks to John, his family and staff for providing us with beautiful, healthy plants that aren't available locally. Hope to order from you for many more years!!!
Positive alyceweberschmi
Richardson, TX (Zone 8a)
July 16, 2014
Wow, could not wait to review this company. I have been looking for a Ginger Lily since I have a fragrant garden. Had ordered and received from another vendor some bulbs early this year but none came up. I found Almost Eden and ordered a plant in a 4 inch pot. They arrived today. And again WOW. Everything from the price, to the shipping and packaging and the plant was above my expectations. The plant is healthy and the packaging was perfect. I will order again from these people.
Positive sugarlump
Louisville, KY
June 20, 2014
I couldn't be more pleased with my experience.
Lots of selection, good pricing, the ordering process was simple- I was kept up to date with emails confirming my order and shipment- and the plants arrived when promised.
The plants themselves were packaged securely and arrived in beautiful condition- as good as if I purchased them locally rather than had them shipped hundreds of miles.
Happy!
Positive Hillbilly_Gran
Jasper, AR (Zone 7a)
May 30, 2014
I ordered a Pineapple verbena a couple weeks ago from this company. When I received it, the soil was bone dry and the plant dessicated. I sent an email to the company, since it was Saturday, I didn't really expect a response. I heard from them within an hour, offering a new plant or a refund. I chose another plant. It arrived today, with ample moisture, and is gorgeous! This is exemplary customer service in my book! I will not hesitate to buy from them again!
Positive vunguyen1984
Riverside, CA
May 26, 2014
Good company
Healthy plant received
Positive fllibrarian
Crystal River, FL
May 21, 2014
I ordered two Queen's Wreath several weeks ago. They arrived in excellent condition. One of the plants had blooms! They are both now in the ground and doing beautifully! Both plants are blooming now!

I just received today a Night Blooming Cereus. I ordered this plant after reading the Dave's article on this plant a week ago--I just had to have one! Like the petreas, this plant also arrived in excellent condition.

Almost Eden's prices are also fantastic!
Positive VanGarden
Thibodaux, LA (Zone 9a)
May 14, 2014
Very healthy plants
Very friendly customer service.
Great variety of plants native to my area.
Very satisfied with this mail order company
Positive staceya
Whitefish, MT
April 27, 2014
This is the first vendor I have used from Dave's gardens garden watchdog. (How I missed the garden watchdog site after 40 years of gardening is beyond me) In all those years, this was. The BEST service and product I have ever gotten. I have ordered mail order plants annually-ish for 15 years and have never been so impressed. In fact, I have often been underwhelmed.

Here is why I liked them so much
1. Confirmation email after ordering.
2. Email with delivery date
3. Arrived on exact delivery date
4. Package with great care.
5. Plant arrived looking healthy and happy. (Well I am not sure if the plant was really happy, but I was really happy.
Positive FlowerPotTipper
Richland, WA (Zone 7a)
March 16, 2014
I just received my first order from this company and they are excellent all the way around. They email all information (receipt, shipping, and info on caring for your plants when you receive them)...I was told my plant would be here on a Thursday or Friday, but I got it on Wednesday, which was VERY awesome!! (I have no patience when it comes to waiting for new plants in the mail lol). The plant was very healthy and a lot bigger then I expected. The packaging was done very well. I have not one complaint about this nursery and I will be buying from them again now that I know I can trust them...they have so many other plants I would love to have!! Thank you Almost Eden!!
Positive EucalyptusMorn
Mansfield, TX
March 8, 2014
I have ordered from many, many companies. I have never had an with the plants arrive in perfect condition until I received my recent order from Almost Eden. I was and still am in awe of the care they took in packaging the plants to assure they arrived in such a wonderful condition. Not one grain of soil nor one leaf on a plant was lost. I highly, highly recommend this company.
Positive Floralkingdom
De Funiak Springs, FL (Zone 8b)
January 22, 2014
This is my second order with John at Almost Eden over the last several months. I am very happy with both of my orders. The plants arrived in great condition, healthy, very well packaged and larger than expected. I ordered a bunch of camellias and they all had flowers and flower buds on them. He was aware of weather issues and willing to hold the plants until it was safe to ship them. Great communication, great plants, great plant selection, highly recommended.
Positive May_Z
Grass Valley, CA (Zone 9a)
December 15, 2013
I had a very pleasant experience buying plants this autumn from John at Almost Eden. He was incredibly helpful, very aware of weather, and was great at communicating so we could work around weather issues. When the plants arrived, they where far larger than I expected, and I was, and am, very happy with my purchases. Both plants are thriving.

The packaging was terrific, very secure, providing outstanding protection for the plants. They were really packed with care and a great deal of thought, the best I have ever seen when buying plants online.

John is a fantastic person, and he is very happy to help. I had mentioned a wishlist to John, and lo and behold, I see one today! What an incredibly responsive company and owner. Top notch in all respects. I will be buying from Almost Eden again. They have earned their great rating in my opinion, and I'm so glad to have found them, and very much look forward to buying again (and adding to my wish list for spring shipping!)
Positive wyldeflwr
Laurel, MD (Zone 7a)
September 26, 2013
I am very happy with my order. The plants were packaged better than most and arrived green and healthy. I called John this morning to ask a question and he is a friendly, helpful person. I HIGHLY recommend this company!
Positive sbrown143
Daphne, AL
September 24, 2013
Ordered 4 plants - customer service and contact was impeccable. Plants came and were huge, healthy, and beautiful. Placed another big order and I am just as thrilled as the first time. John called me to discuss one of the plants he was sending. I don't know why he was concerned - it's my favorite. They are all beautiful. Because the website says 3.5" pots, I was skeptical that the plants would be tiny. I was wrong. They are 12-20" tall. I even called John after receiving my order to ask for some planting advice and he explained everything to me. Answered my questions with detail. The contact I had with this company, the care, the packaging, EVERYTHING was how you would hope for.
Positive trackinsand
mid central, FL (Zone 9a)
September 13, 2013
Posted on May 11, 2011, updated September 13, 2013
Posted on April 16, 2009, updated May 11, 2011
just received my second order from AE. the plants from the first order a year ago are thriving and i am totally impressed with this latest delivery. some still had blooms on them. their packing is probably the best of the best and it's also easy to get the plants out and unwrapped once you get the hang of the first one. they have unique and different species to choose from too. you won't be sorry-go for it!
On July 8th, 2009, trackinsand added the following:

3rd order safely out of the box and ready for the garden. i absolutely love this nursery and the people working there. had a nice telephone chat with them the other evening. they are real people with really great plants! hooray!
On May 11th, 2011, trackinsand added the following:

ordered two Gardenia 'Veitchii' last friday and received them this morning. WOW! amazing size and health and john just couldn't be nicer to deal with. i will be back and hopefully more often!

btw, the person who posted the negative recently because john wouldn't back a plant for a whole year, i just have to say that i can't believe anyone but the big box stores could possibly back a plant for a year. i certainly wouldn't. sometimes a plant just doesn't make it and that's the way it goes. anyway, it seems unfair to give a negative rating in this case and i hope it doesn't deter anyone else from ordering from almost eden. they are the BEST!
On September 13th, 2013, trackinsand added the following:

placed another order recently and as always, absolutely NO complaints.
i LOVE this company.
keep up the good work!
Positive shakergardener
Beachwood, OH
September 12, 2013
Ordered some plants in the spring. Received them in a timely manner. Packaged well. Nice healthy plants, good size too. All have thrived this summer. I will order from them again.
Thanks Almost Eden.
Positive TheButtermilkyWay
Raleigh, NC
September 12, 2013
I was DELIGHTED with my shipment of beautiful plants received last Thursday. Everything arrived in super condition; Almost Eden has made packing an art form; I don't know how they do it!

The size of the plants was impressive considering in some cases I had ordered the smaller pot sizes. FOR EXAMPLE, I was amazed to receive well-branched camellia sasanquas, already loaded up with flower buds even though I had ordered the 2" pot (smallest size available).

I expected to receive a decently rooted twig showing some top growth; what I got is well on the way to being a decent bush. Thank you, thank you!

It was a pleasure to do business with Almost Eden, and I look forward to future business as I attempt to push the limits of Zone 7b!
Positive birdied
Destrehan, LA
July 19, 2013
I recently placed and received by first order from Almost Eden Plants.

The excellent service started with prompt communication advising when goods would ship. It was followed up with complete shipping details.

The excellent service continuned with the receipt of the plants. The packaging was so good, there was not one damaged leaf on any of the 16 plants I ordered.
Once unpacked , I continued to be so pleasantly surprised by the quality of the plants. These were not skimpy small plants . They are strong , full and very healthy. Not one disappointment in the lot.

I have ordered online from other vendors in the past and have always been very disappointed.

Almost Eden Plants is truly the exception to any past experience and a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend this company .

I certainly will do business with them in the future.

Thank you Almost Eden Plants !
Positive Toni05
Posted on November 3, 2011, updated April 7, 2012
Posted on May 19, 2011, updated November 3, 2011
Posted on June 12, 2010, updated May 19, 2011
Posted on October 7, 2009, updated June 12, 2010
Deciding whether or not to choose neutral or negative was difficult..I ordered 3 plants from Almost Eden..two came in good condition. The third was a camellia..A dead camellia. I wrote to the company, and was told they would ship a plant the following week. By the way, I purchased these plants in April 2005.
On June 6, I received another email (after sending two to Jeff) and he wrote back saying they'd send a replacement the following week..It's now August and I've yet to get anything, including a simple email..I would understand if it was a busy time of year, but it's not.
BTW, before I got the plants I ordered, I received two small hedges I never ordered.. I'm sure it was someone else's plants..poor souls..probably still waiting for them..Since these hedges weren't hardy to my zone, there was nothing I could do with them...I don't want hedges anyway. I'd think twice about ordering from this company..

On August 31st, 2006, Toni05 changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

Received a beautiful Crown of Thorns today..it was sent promptly and packaged excellently.
On May 16th, 2007, Toni05 added the following:

Plants arrived in excellent condition and well-packaged..I received 2 plants: dwarf variegated Gardenia, and variegated Angelwing Jasmine..both plants were larger than anticipated..
The Jasmine has numerous flowers, and neither stems/branches/flowers on either plant were broken.
I'm fussy when it comes to ordering/buying plants..and was also happy to find these plants pest/disease free..Toni

On October 11th, 2007, Toni05 added the following:

Received 3 Crown of Thorns today..All are beautiful, foliage filled. One is flowering.
Plants arrived promptly, and well-packaged. Not one broken leaf or stem.
He's great with emails, too..I had a question, and he answered the same day. Toni
On November 7th, 2007, Toni05 added the following:

Received 4 gorgeous plants today from Almost Eden Plants..
Gout Plant, 2 Orchid Crown of Thorns and Euphorbia millii (Peach/ COT"S)
Sizes are incredibly huge for prices. Heights of plants range from 13-17", from bottom of pot to highest tip of foliage.
Emails are answered promptly.
Because I was having computer problems, and had a few questions for John. I phoned him and we had a nice conversation. He's very pleasant, quite helpful and a knowledgeable person.
Plants were well-packaged.. Taped newspaper prevented soil from leaking. He then placed cardboard, covering entire plants and pots to stay in place.
I love Almost Eden,...To gardeners looking for rarer, insect-free, healthy plants at reasonable prices, give them a try..Toni
On April 9th, 2008, Toni05 added the following:

Received 4 good-sized plants from Almost Eden today. Allii Ficus, Banana Magnolia, Changshou Kumquat, and Variegated Gardenia. (The variegation on gardenia is spectacular)
Plants are potted in 4" plastic growing pots, and quite tall, considering price. Tallest is 18", smallest 12".
Plants are pest-free, after a thorough inspection.
Chris and Gretchen are quick responding to emails.
Plants are well-packaged, and shipping super fast. Toni
On May 22nd, 2008, Toni05 added the following:

Received 4 more plants from Almost Eden today. Variegated standard and dwarf Gardenias, Thai (almost white) Crown of Thorns and Ficus Allii.
Plants are large, in good health, and pest-free.
Almost Eden has great prices, especially considering the sizes and general health. It's obvious they care for their plants, and ship the best quality which is one reason I shop with them.
The owners are most helpful. Emails are answered promptly.
Plants are well packaged: each are packed in corrigated tubing, holding each plant in place.
Plants arrived quickly, considering this is their busy season. I love shopping at Almost Eden. Toni

On March 18th, 2009, Toni05 added the following:

I love Almost Eden. I ordered when temperature was cold, cold as in, 30's F.
Mr. McMillian notified me, concerned my plants would freeze while travelling between LA and IL. He even kept an eye on the Weather Channel, and shipped when he felt it was safe to do so.

During the wait, he kept in touch, reassuring, more than any other nursery owner would do, and believe me, I order from quite a few places.

I received nine plants, secured with tape, then wrapped within rolled cardboard.
He shipped plants Monday, they arrived today, Wed, two days later. If I didn't know better, I'd think he hand-delivered. lol

Plants are healthy and insect-free, packed with buds and/or flowers. They're much larger than most other nurseries send, especially considering prices.

Mr. McMillian has the patience of a saint. When I phone in an order, I can yak up a storm about plants. He's helped me choose, and honest when it came to size..If he felt a plant needed a little more time to grow before shipping, he brought it to my attention. I really appreciate his honesty.

Almost Eden offers numerous varieites too, another plus. I'm sold.
For those of you who are looking for an online nursery, give Almost Eden a shot. Toni

On October 7th, 2009, Toni05 added the following:

10-7-09....I ordered plants via the phone. John is a sweetheart and quite helpful.
Bonnie is also very a sweety and knowledgeable. She sure knows her plants..They both do.

My Oct '09, and probably last order of the year, 'though Almost Eden has some beauty's on sale, ' lol arrived this morning.

Order consisted of Hoya lacunosa, Breynia 'Snow Bush, Mt. Fuji Serissa variegata, Pindo Palm, Dwarf Natal Plum and Brown Turkey Fig..

Plants are good size, tall and/or compact, healthy, pest-free, and variegated plants are evenly and vividly colored.
Plants are shipped enclosed in a cardboard roll; roll holds two plants.
Each plant includes a label, and clear tape holds tag and a preventative so soil doesn't spill.

Shipment took 7 days, but the order was placed after 4pm Cental/Midwest time.

A printed informatioin sheet and LA Dept Certificate are included. The sheet provides name of plant, description, basic care, quantity, and price of each plant ordered.

I'd like to thank Bonnie and John for taking time to answer questions during our conversation..so Thank You.

To GardenWatchdog: I want to thank you for providing such a wonderful service. Not only is your site helpful to those of us who enjoy plant shopping, but is one way to find if a nursery is worthy of spending our hard-earned money..what to expect once we place an order..So Thank You, too.

There is one suggestion I'd like to make, which may or may not make a difference. :) or worth the effort altering your format.

Is there a way, 'when we leave multiple feedback for the same nursery,' instead of finding the latest on page 10, 20 or 30, the last would go back to page one???
Please don't think I'm telling you how to run your business, and I'm sorry for making a suggestion here, (I don't know if there's a way to contact GWD,) it's just a thought.
IMO, it'd be a great help, or otherwise, to a nursery..it shows 'That Positive Feedback' sincere, especially if a person shops at 'X' nursery repeatedly.. Thanks, Toni T.

On June 12th, 2010, Toni05 added the following:

Placed an order from Almost Eden on 6-7-10..plants arrived 6/12/10...Super-Fast Shipping!!

Aside from quick-shipping, plants were carefully and securely packaged.
Each plant, individually secured in cardboard. I think all nurseries should use this method. The cardboard prevents breakage.

I'm fussy and cautious when it comes to ordering citrus and citrus-like/fruit bearing trees, from a non-citrus nursery...since Almost Eden has always sent healthy plants, I took a chance and ordered a Variegated Calamondin and Sour Kumquat. Lo and behold, both are gorgeous, healthy and good-sized plants. Variegation on the Cal is striking. I only wish they had Variegated Kumquats and other variegated citrus/citrus-like plants. :)

Almost Eden is a 5 * nursery..Toni

On May 19th, 2011, Toni05 added the following:

John is one of the most helpful people around. He has the patience of a saint. :)

He sent two beautiful, healthy plants.

One is a variegated Fatsia, potted in a 4" growing pot.
Plant is very compact. Colors are vivid. Green & yellow foliage. Very hard plant to find.

Second plant is Aloe 'Snowflake.' I couldn't believe its size..Plus an 8" stalk with bloom.

Almost Eden has beautiful plants. A great nursery to shop.
On November 3rd, 2011, Toni05 added the following:

Even though in my part of the world, 'it's beginning to 'feel' a lot like Christmas,' the shipment from Almost Eden Plants arrived in excellent condition. Plants weren't even slightly chilled. Wrapping and filling were well-done.

Received two beautiful tropicals. Much larger than expected. Great price, too.

Tabernaemontana variegata. Stands about 20" tall.

Gardenia Cornata variegata. Stands 16" tall.

Variegation is gorgeous. Vivid colors. Deep yellows with green.

Plants arrived super-fast. Two days after online order.

John is one heck of a nice guy. I wasn't sure my order went through. I usually phone in orders.
He called within the hour to confirm all went well.

Their fall sales are a true bargain, too. Toni
On April 7th, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

First order with Almost Eden Plants, in the year 2012

Ordered two plants: Variegated Gardenia and Variegated, Kalanchoe 'Paddle' Plant.

Both plants are good-sized, but K. Paddle is exceptionally large. Colors are exceedingly pronounced.
Plants are healthy and pest-free.

The Gardenia is extremely variegated, leaves have more white than green. John knows I prefer deep variegation, so when I order variegated plants he sends the most colorful specimens from their green house.

John's other-half assist choosing the best plants for all orders. She's quite helpful.

Because it was rather cold outside, John emailed suggesting a short wait before shipping.

Right he was.

Package arrived when temps were in the 60's. Perfect for shipping plants..not too hot nor cold.
BTW, shipment arrived within a 2-week period.

Thanks Again, Toni
On July 25th, 2012, Toni05 added the following:

Received Tri-Colored Passionvine. Extremely large. Staked at 46-inches tall.
Deep purple/silver/green foliage.

Surprisingly, the plant arrived on my Happy Birthday. Thanks, John. :)

Secure and Fast-Shipping...... Toni

On July 10th, 2013, Toni05 added the following:

John and Bonnie are the kindest, most helpful people on earth!

Three days before the 4th of July, I placed an order.
John immediately emailed, explaining my order would be shipped soon after the holiday.
To be honest, I forgot Thurs was a holiday.

My order consisted:

Clerodendron, variegata. Variegation is so vivid it looks artificial. (Although, you'd never find a fake plant in my house.)
Clero has 30-36 large, colorful leaves.

Stephanotis, variegata. Highly variegate, very tall, healthy foliage. Has white, fragrant blooms. Beautiful!

Passiflora trifoliata..I'm 'almost' speechless. Foliage is deep purple, with pink-silver centers. Large.

Stakes were included, but Clero and Steph need larger stakes..as I said, plants are exceedling tall.

Plants are well-packaged. I doubt a soil speck dare escape. :)

Bonnie & John, Thanks, for the great selections, Toni
Positive ixion1215
Parma Heights, OH
July 8, 2013
Ordered 2 kinds of Moses in a Cradle (one tricolor, the other a golden variety), one yellow jasmine, one mix colored 4 o'clocks, and one night blooming jasmine. I would echo with what everyone have said about their communication - it is top notch! I receive e-mails when my order was received, when to expect it, and when they would ship it. When I received my plants, I was extremely pleased with the packaging (none of them were dry) and was really surprised by how big the night blooming jasmine was. The only real snag was that one of the moses in the cradle seem to have suffer much in transit - through no fault of Almost Eden. I expressed this concern with them and they promptly addressed my issue. That was a big deal for me because I am a first time customer of theirs too. Overall, another highly recommended nursery. Thanks!
Positive giorkosnpp
Astoria, NY
July 3, 2013
the best on line nursery i give them thousands of AAAAAAS for everything
george nicolaou
Positive pattygreengenes
Lansdale, PA
July 1, 2013
I ordered the following:

Blue Butterfly Bush aka Clerodendrum ugandense, C. myricoides 'Ugandense'
3.5 inch $9.99

Datura fastuosa 'Double Purple', D. metel
3.5 inch $8.99

Salvia guaranitica 'Costa Rican Blue'
3.5 inch $7.99

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Bayou Rose'
1 Gallon $24.99

The plants were carefully packaged and I rec'd a quick email confirmation and shipping updates. They were out of the hibiscus but quickly refunded my money. I was a bit disappointed with the datura - it was a stick with a couple of leaves, but that stick is now over a foot across and growing like crazy. WOW. The other plants are also growing vigorously and I will definitely order from them again.

Very pleased.
Positive floria
Athens, GA (Zone 8a)
June 28, 2013
Ordered 4 Gardenias and 3 Osmanthus. They were shipped Monday and arrived Thursday in perfect condition. Their packaging is the best I've encountered so far: very compact but crafted such that every plant had enough room. I was also pleasantly surprised by the plant sizes - I expected smaller plants for the 3.5" and 2.5" pot size. I will definitely order from them again.
Positive peggyhart
Brunswick, GA
June 24, 2013
I ordered several Camellias this spring. Great healthy plants, and the people there are very friendly too!
Positive sfouch
Estill Springs, TN
June 24, 2013
I ordered two European Snowball Bushes and two Trumpet Honeysuckle vines from this company. All arrived as if I had just picked them up at the Nursery. Shipped very well, not a leaf broken. All are thriving. I highly recommend this company!
Positive vmr423
Charleston, SC
June 23, 2013
We ordered 5 plants from Almost Eden this spring. I first inquired about the future availability of an 'Anita' camellia in February, and was told one should be ready to ship in April or May. Customer service follow-through was excellent- and our order was shipped early May. Items were shipped early in the week & received mid-week. Very pleased with the plants' condition upon receipt, and all plants are doing well.

They have a very nice web site with a good selection of plants, but I especially recommend that you check out their selection of native plants!
Positive kittens2211
Elkmont, AL
June 20, 2013
I found Almost Eden this year. I ordered a varying kinds of plants from roses to hydrangea to grasses....received quickly. plants in great condition and are thriving. Excellent customer service
Positive drmurphy
Virginia Beach, VA
June 17, 2013
Easy ordering, good communication and plants arrived timely in good shape. I would recommend purchasing from Almost Eden :)
Positive civilwar13
Desert Hot Springs, CA
June 14, 2013
My tree just arrived, WOW it was more than I had imagined. The Silver Dollar Eucalyptus tree they sent was like I just walked into their nursery and bought it, not a single leaf damaged in shipping. I have ordered from a few other mail order plant sites in the past but Almost Eden has all others beat in my opinion. I give them an A+ not just for the fast shipping and arrival but their communication, "John" kept me aware of everything that was happening up until the day it shipped. I will only buy from Almost Eden in the future. Mike
Positive teskopal
Bethlehem, PA (Zone 6a)
June 12, 2013
Just fantastic. Great service, great plants, arrived in great condition. I called to make a change to my order and John was super personable, a real southern gentleman. I'm sorry it took me several years to discover this company through DG.
Positive joimack6953
Wheat Ridge, CO
May 22, 2013
Received my first order today. Plants are amazing! Packed well, no damaged leaves or soil missing, still moist, look very healthy. I hope they grow as robustly as they look right now! Very impressed.
Positive bluesox
Humble, TX
May 21, 2013
Posted on May 10, 2013, updated May 21, 2013
I highly recommend Almost Eden.

I received my plants very soon after ordering. The plants were very well packed and arrived green and with moist soil. The pots were the size advertised; the plants themselves were a little larger than I expected. All seem to be doing well in my garden, and the blue pea vine even rewarded me with a beautiful flower a week after planting.
On May 21st, 2013, bluesox added the following:

Though still relatively small and recently planted, these babies are all growing and starting to flower!
Positive lanah_1
Warren, MI
May 17, 2013
My first order with this company and all I can say is WOW beautiful plants!They were packed carefully and shipped fast.They were some of they best looking plants I have ever ordered online!
Positive ncc3644
Houston, TX
May 16, 2013
What a great mail-order nursery! Plants arrived quickly and were packed meticulously. The plants themselves were in fantastic shape. I have ordered from numerous on-line nurseries and I have to say this is my favorite. It's nice to get such personal attention and they helped me find a plant for which I have been searching for over a year.
Positive Marilynbeth
Hebron, KY
May 3, 2013
I ordered for the first time this spring, but it won't be the last!

I ordered 7 plants and they were packed very well and look very nice!

A very good company to get plants that attract hummingbirds and butterflies!

I love this place!

Positive jlhenicke
Seminole, TX
April 27, 2013
I ordered 8 plants from Almost Eden and was so pleased when they arrived. I liked the way they packaged the honeysuckle and turk's cap. I order from many companies and have had plants arrive with exposed roots because the dirt is in the bottom of the box and not in the pot and no moisture. The worst is to receive styro-peanuts covering the foliage and then have to fish out the peanuts one by one and still damage the foliage. But these plants came in the correct size box for the plants, they put wet paper on top of the soil and enclosed in plastic bags with taped tops; and they were then taped to heavy corrugated paper tubes. All the tubes were well packed into the box and there was no movement whatsoever in shipment. That was great but the plants were beautiful with a well developed root system and transplanted without any shock. I am very pleased with this company and getting ready to order more plants. Also liked the personal communication from the owners thanking me for ordering. Seem like the kind of people I like to do business with.
Positive lcmacg79
Newbury, NH
April 11, 2013
I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with this company. I am a longtime gardener, placing many mail orders, and have not ever had an order come through like this one did. I placed an order for 8 hummingbird plants. The order arrived the following week, shipped on a Monday and arriving Wednesday AM. The plants were very large and well branched, several over a foot tall. Several were in bloom. These were all uncommon varieties, and other places I've ordered similar plants from send a 3-4 inch tall cutting, for a higher price than this nursery charges for a fullgrown plant ready to almost fill a container. The packaging was remarkable - not a leaf or stem damaged on these large plants. I sent a complimentary email to the company and got a thank-you email from one of the owners in about 10 minutes. Could not have had a better experience, and this is now my favorite nursery.
Positive StephaniePhx
Phoenix, AZ
April 8, 2013
I've placed two orders with Almost Eden and I have to tell you they've got it ALL going for them. First, when you place an order the communication keeps you apprised of the receipt of the order, shipping, etc. with a very personal feel. Right off the bat you get the sense they're aren't all about getting your money but building a relationship. Then when you (very quickly!) get the order it is packaged so well to protect the gorgeous, healthy plants inside. I suggest you make sure you have scissors at hand when unwrapping and it will be quick and easy. And, perhaps the most important aspect is the gorgeous, healthy plants that seem to take off like none I've ever seen before. I followed their suggestions and am already impressed with the growth and health of the plants I've received from Almost Eden compared to other mail order and local acquisitions after just more than a month of being planted in our yard. Beautiful!
We've discussed some more gardening plans for next season and have already decided on where the new plants will be coming from...Almost Eden!.
Positive Mid12nt
Stone Mountain, GA
April 6, 2013
Posted on April 10, 2011, updated April 6, 2013
Great company, plants are in fantastic shape and in amazing good size and health. Some of the plants were already blooming )

I especially want to comment about a special plant I ordered, a Ghost Cactus, I was shocked to see how large the plant was when I opened it, it was huge, not the tiny little thing I was expecting, and the packing kept it from losing any of its arms. And as I already mentioned the other plants were equally impressive in health and size. No pathetic little sticks here.

Only complaint I have is because of the the tape it's a bit difficult to unpack the individual plants, but that's nitpicking on my part, because the important thing is how well protected the plants during shipping, and that is immensely so.

Bottom line, I will be ordering again from them next year (or maybe even again this year).
On April 6th, 2013, Mid12nt added the following:

April 2013, another year, another excellent buying experience, plants as usual exceeded my expectations as to size and health. Very carefully, packaged, overkill almost until you realize how well protected all the tape makes them, no harm from the boxes being mishandled by the shipping service. Love Almost Eden, love the houseplant and their great selection of plants.
Positive DawgDrvr
Rochester, WA (Zone 7b)
March 30, 2013
In the last 6 months I have ordered several fig trees . All were very healthy good root systems. Shipping was reasonable and fast. I will buy from again .