The scoop on 'Lonnie's Bulk Seeds'

Lonnie's Bulk Seeds

7415 SW Hyland Court
Beaverton, Oregon 97008 (United States)

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Neutral wetdogfarm
Eveleth, MN (Zone 3a)
October 29, 2010
Web site still up but no way to order seeds from it on any of the pages that load.
Positive rangle1
Fairhaven, MA
June 20, 2007
Well packaged Shipped fast. Also a generous amount of seeds
Neutral Furst
Moorhead, MN
May 22, 2007
I have had the same problems as others that have posted. I have been waiting 4+ weeks for my seeds. My check was cashed two weeks ago and yet no seeds. I will not be ordering from this company again and discourage others from doing so.
On June 12th, 2007, Furst changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

The wait was too long but the seeds were well packaged and the germination has been great. I probably will be using someone else next year, but if you are willing to wait in the dark for a month wondering if you will ever get your seeds, Lonnie's is o.k.
Negative Madisonwigarden
Middleton, WI
May 18, 2007
Where are my seeds???! I ordered them the morning of May 1st. It's May17th, and I have no seeds. It's not the longest wait in the world, but it seems like it because I have written five emails, all of them very very nice, just "wondering" when they might be shipping my seeds. I have heard absolutely nothing from this company. Couldn't they send me something saying "hang in there, they're on their way?"

I live in Wisconsin. The days in May are about as precious as you can get, and it would be really nice to actually plant the seeds I bought before the way too short season is over. Granted, I probably should have ordered the seeds a little earlier than I did, but now I'm getting anxious. We're in the third week of May, almost!! It would be very helpful if they'd throw me an email, just something, to acknowledge that I'm out there.

In the meantime, a week after ordering from Lonnies, I ordered seeds from Diane's Flower Seeds,-- they arrived within three days of placing my order! And they're perfectly wonderful. (and now, I've planted them, and they've already germinated.....) So my advice is, unless you have all the time in the world to watch your mailbox and you live in zone bazillion where it is warm and wonderful so every moment of the season isn't as precious as it is here... order from Diane's....

Still waiting for Lonnie's....

I am NOT thrilled about putting a negative rating in, it makes me feel bad. Now you watch, as soon as I post this, then the seeds will arrive and I'll feel worse. As of now, no seeds and tomorrow is another beautiful day in which I am not planting them.

On June 6th, 2007, Madisonwigarden added the following:

I don't know whether the keep my rating at negative or change to neutral. Here's the catch: my seeds finally showed up after 4 weeks of waiting. You can decide for yourself if that's too long: it is for me. Also, the company never returned a single one of my emails or contacted me in any other way. I wrote lots of emails and received total silence in return. You can get better customer service in a lot of places.

The positive: besides being great seeds (ok you can get these in many places, too), what I really like is all the information Lonnie places on the seed packages! There's everything: percentage of germination, requirements for planting, height, light requirements -- just about everything you'd want to know, right there. So there I am planting my seeds and I have all the information I need -- in case I've forgotten,which I frequently do. I find this very helpful and I don't see other seed companies doing this. So Lonnie, if you could just get your act together and 1. communicate with your customers, and 2. don't take a month to deliver, you'd have a great seed company. How can we order from you without any customer service and too long a wait? You've got a great product, please figure out how to deliver it!!!
Negative loriann1971
Pittsburgh, PA
May 5, 2007
I ordered seeds from Lonnies two weeks ago and have not received them. I understand that this is the busy planting season, but they do say that they "usually"(I guess that is the word that saves them) ship within four days of a cleared payment. (I paid by paypal, so it cleared the day I purchased.) I can deal with slow shipping,(even though one would think a professional seed company would work hard to make sure they have the workforce necessary to mail out seeds that need to be planted within a certain timeframe, in a timely manner) but I don't like it when a company doesn't respond to inquiries about purchases you have paid for. I have e-mailed them several times regarding my purchase and they have never once had the professional decency to respond to my e-mails.

They have my money, I have no seeds, and thus far they have ignored all my questions as to when the seeds were or will be shipped. I like dealing with companies that treat me with respect, take the time to actually answer emails, and consider me to be a valued customer, so I guess that I won't be shopping Lonnie's again.
On May 26th, 2007, loriann1971 added the following:

Edited to add...my seeds finally arrived. I left them a negative on ebay and boy was that a mistake. Even though I paid the day I bought these seeds, and tried to nicely email them several times when I didn't recieve my order, they left me a negative feedback. I did a little research...go to ebay and look at their feedback rating. Everyone that leaves them a negative (And they have 33 negatives in the past month) gets a retalitory negative in response. They will give you a negative with a sad face and no explanation as to why they are giving you a negative. That is not the behavior of a reputable, respectable, or customer service oriented business.

So don't order from this company and if you do order and aren't happy, don't leave them a negative on ebay or they will leave you a negative and ruin your rating. Ebvy should ban them.

I also think it is hysterical that they say on their ebay listing that they are a Garden Watchdog top 30 company. If I were Garden Watchdog, I wouldn't want them saying that about me and then offering such bad customer service.
Positive karyn1
Silver Spring, MD
January 30, 2007
I've purchased seeds from their website, not Ebay. They have a small but nice selection of seeds at great prices. My orders have been shipped promptly. I'll definitely continue to buy seeds from them.
Positive larlienda
Strasburg, VA (Zone 6b)
January 8, 2007
i bought some seeds off of ebay & received them quickly...they were/are very well labeled and i have high hopes :-)
Positive cherbrowning
Kelso, WA
December 4, 2006
I ordered seeds off of ebay . They were shipped fast in a bubble pack envelope. The seed packs are colorful and clearly labeled with full instructions included. I will buy from Lonnies again.
Positive ansul28
Chicago, IL
November 26, 2006
I ordered 1lb I got a generous 1.25lb and that is great the seeds came just as advertised and were organic as promised I am a health nut and it is important to me to not support the pesticide and poison companies this company is the greatest!
Positive petit_potager
June 26, 2006
High quality seeds, sufficient quantity of seed, good germination rates all at a reasonable price. The service is accommodating and packaging is of high standards.
Positive Georgot
Chiefland, FL
June 6, 2006
This is my second order from Lonnie's. I am extremely satisfied with their seeds! The germination rate is very high and the information for germinating the seeds is thorough. Lonnie's is my first choice for seeds.
Positive chelle7171
Cambridge, MD
May 20, 2006
Quick Shipping...Well Packaged....Free seeds....Can't wait to see results!!
Positive cei
Spencer, TN
May 16, 2006
I found Lonnie's on eBay by looking at one of my eBay buyers feedback info! They had a good experience with Lonnie's, so I went to see what was there. I bought 7 packs of seed, and considering that this is spring rush season, the seed came fairly fast. I did write (after 10 days) to see when to expect them and got a fast response, and seed a few days later! If you want good seed, very well packed, and some extra seed for good measure this is the place to go!! I will be back. Thanks, Bobby aka goldminer70gold (ebay)
Positive mrspencenascar
Lockport, NY
May 4, 2006
ONE OF THE BEST. HAVE PURCHASED TWICE AND WAS VERY HAPPY WITH SEEDS AND THE GREAT PLANTING INFO.HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH SEEDS,WILL CERTAINLY PURCHASE FROM HIM IN THE FUTURE!! VERY REASONABLE PRICES AND GENEROUS AMOUNT OF SEEDS.
Positive thegraphicsgirl
Douglasville, GA
April 14, 2006
My mother and I both have ordered from Lonnie's (I was referred to them by her). The seeds came promptly with an extra pack of annual seeds. I have referred all of my fellow gardening friends and will definetly order from Lonnie's again!
Positive moutsie56
Goochland, VA (Zone 7a)
April 8, 2006
Well packaged, promptly delivered seeds. I look forward to doing business with them on a regular basis.
Positive garden_mom
Bigelow, AR
April 6, 2006
Very friendly and helpful. Fast shipping and well packed order. Extremely high germination rates and plants are exactly as described. I've never had any mislabeled. Seeds are sent in clear plastic zip-top bags with the name of the seed, germination rate, siting info, depth, etc printed on a label attached to the bag. Very convenient when out in the garden with a handful of seed packets. You can see exactly what you've got and how many seeds are in the packet. Plus, they usually throw in an additional packet for free.
Positive mwareha
San Diego, CA (Zone 9b)
April 4, 2006
I have got seeds from this company every year for the past 2 years - they have always sent something extra when I combined mutilple orders - they are great to work with, and I would reccomend them highly - you can visit them on ebay as well - the seeds were all viable as written within the descriptions.
Positive katei
Iowa Park, TX
April 1, 2006
Good looking fresh seeds with fast delivery and fair prices.
Positive photodeb
Rockwall, TX (Zone 8a)
March 28, 2006
This is my first experience with Lonnies, but will definitely not be my last! I received my seeds promptly and they shipped in a padded envelope which kept the seeds in prime shape. I was impressed with the concise information on each of the seed envelopes, and the "uses" and "germination rate" is not often found on envelopes from other companies, kudos. Can't wait to get my seeds in the ground. I'm so glad I linked onto your site. Great values for what you offer.
Keep up the great work with your company. I'm also planning on subscribing to your website - seems to be plenty of great info for the money! Another bargain you should be proud of offering your customers. You've got a new friend for life!
Debra Gordon
Positive 19chaffin55
Chester, WV
March 25, 2006
Hello! I am a new customer of Lonnie's via EBay...and I am quite impressed!
First off, the price was very reasonable and the shipping was not jacked up either! So, I was very pleased with the price, overall.
Secondly, the selection that Lonnie's had for me to choose from was plentiful! The variety was nice too. Beautiful flowers!
Thirdly, my order was processed fast! I got the product in only a few days and I expected to get it in weeks! So that was a nice surprise.
Lastly, the order content was excellent! I received the package that I ordered AND a free pack of seeds inside! The packaging was carefully, neatly done, and the quality of the packing materials were superb!
So, all in all, I have had a delightful experience with Lonnie's, and I certainly WILL order again! Thanks so much and keep up the care!
Kat , owner of animalworld-etc.com
Positive gedgar
Mobile, AL (Zone 8a)
March 23, 2006
I ordered the cottage garden selection and am pleased with the seeds. The packaging is what I really like: clear plastic so you can actually see the seeds, with information on cultivation attached to each package. I really like the fact that they give you the expected germination rate. That's a big help. Will definitely order again.
Positive josdancal
Maryville, TN
March 13, 2006
I received my seeds from Lonnie's and am very pleased with the appearance and quantity of the seeds I ordered. They are very nice, very healthy in appearance and I'm excited to start planting. The order took a little while longer to receive than anticipated, but I would order again. JL
Positive LORI611
Southington, CT
March 10, 2006
I AM VERY HAPPY WITH MY SEEDS I BOUGHT. FOR THE MONEY THERE IS A GOOD AMOUNT OF SEEDS.THEY LOOK TO BE A GOOD QUALITY, NICE AND CLEAN AND SHINY! HAPPY LITTLE SEEDS!!- I ALSO CAN'T WAIT TO PLANT THE MIXTURE OF FREE SEEDS THEY SENT ME- 26 DIFFERENT VARIETIES! IT WAS A NICE SUPRISE- WE DO LIKE TO GET THINGS FOR FREE DON'T WE? MANY THANKS TO LONNIE'S BULK SEEDS.
Positive mnemko
Oakland, CA
February 27, 2006
Generous pricing, superior cultivars (Lace Daneborg and Drama Queen breadseed poppies), and free seed, promptly delivered. Beautiful labeling and a human touch to the text sent with the order.
Negative nichelob_lite
North Highlands, CA
February 16, 2006
I ordered soome seeds from Lonnies a couple of months ago and i still have not received them. By now i have bought the seeds elsewhere. I have e-mailed them several times and of course i have received no response. Oh well its good to know that there are other places you can go
Positive wildflower99
Portland, OR
February 16, 2006
I purchased about $50 all together from Lonnie's site and ebay. The seeds are very well marked, mailed in a unique padded mailer and you really get lots of seeds. Colorful packaging is a nice touch! I will return again next year!
Positive MikeWicks
Lutz, FL
February 15, 2006
I have ordered from Lonnies several times. Always pleased with the seeds and the service. With the last order there was a mail problem, and they took care of the problem right away. I will return often.
Positive juday
Standish, MI
February 4, 2006
I am very impressed by lonnies seeds. They are very efficent, courtous and helpful. I will definately be ordering more seed in just a few days. These people are excellent to do business with.
Positive kerstinamber
Dallas, GA
February 3, 2006
Although I have not yet planted the seeds I ordered off of ebay, I am very pleased with packaging and the free seeds they threw in the lot. I would order again most certainly! Happy planting everyone!
Kerstin
Positive pezhead
Allentown, PA
January 27, 2006
Have done several orders from Lonnie's and have always been completely satisfied. I highly recommend the Candy Cane Zinnias! Fun and beautiful flowers!
Positive merryma
Auburn, MA (Zone 5b)
January 21, 2006
This is the second year I've ordered from Lonnie's. All of my orders arrived promptly and were nicely packaged. Great germination, too! The seed packets had good instructions on them.....specific to the seeds inside, which you don't always get. A good value all around.
Positive amyeholly
Loveland, CO
January 16, 2006
Absolutely wonderful experience all togehter! I purchased a large number of seeds over the span of about a week and all of the seeds were shipped very promptly, were well packaged and look just fabulous! The prices were GREAT and the shipping fees were especially affordable. I was dealing with another company at about the same time and have had nothing but trouble. I thank you for the excellent customer service and wonderful seeds!
Positive Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX (Zone 9a)
January 11, 2006
I ordered seeds from their eBay store. The prices are great and the selection is very good and shipping is extremely fast. I only ordered one kind of seed from them, and they sent me a surprise bonus baggie. :-) I'm very impressed with their packing, too. Now if I can just refrain from killing these nice seeds....
Positive ahelms
Kannapolis, NC (Zone 7b)
November 17, 2005
I've ordered numerous times and have been happy with the seeds I received and the germination rate. I just received a big envelope of different seeds today. They look great.
Positive bears15
Platte Center, NE (Zone 5b)
November 5, 2005
I purchased many seeds from Lonnies last spring.
This summer I had a marvelous germination % with the seeds.
I'm going back- the prices can't be beat
Positive beebiz
McKenzie, TN (Zone 6b)
October 24, 2005
I got my first seeds from Lonnies today. They were well packaged and exactly as described. Even included some FREE seeds!!!! Friendly, courteous people to deal with. I can't wait for Spring!!

Thanks a bunch!! :>)
Positive mgsmith
Elizabethtown, IN
October 14, 2005
I have purchased seeds twice once in the spring and just recently for next spring. The seeds germinate well and I had and plenty of beautiful flowers all summer. The shipping is fast and the prices are great! will continue to do business with this company.
Positive 3sideDave
Brownsville, PA
October 3, 2005
I got my first order today. Very healthy seeds.
Can't wait till spring.
Positive snauman
Battle Ground, WA
September 1, 2005
I have ordered from this company twice, I find them friendly and efficient, and their seeds germinate and produce
wonderfully. Thanks Lonnie!