The scoop on 'Canning Perennials'

Canning Perennials

955309 Canning Road, RR #2
Paris, Ontario N3L 3 (Canada)

Phone: 519-458-4271
Fax: 519-458-8567

Visit Canning Perennials at:

Comments:

Positive sskkm
Regina, SK (Zone 2b)
June 12, 2014
I placed two orders this season with Canning Perennials. The first order, most of the plants arrived in good condition though a couple were weaker and slightly wilted (maybe too much water and no air circulation from the packaging) and one plant was dormant. The plant that was dormant ultimately did not sprout. I notified customer service of this and Canning Perennials was very responsive and sent a replacement with my second order. The second order all arrived in great shape, very healthy plants. Overall, I would order again because the products were good and customer service was excellent.
Positive hummerplants
Campbell River BC
June 3, 2013
Ordered 6 plants from Canning Perennials, plant size was
good. One plant was a bit wilted when I recieved it and it did not live. E-Mailed them and the next got a reply saying
I would recieve a refund. Refund arrived today. Canning Perennials is the best on-line garden center I have ever delt
with.
Positive Torontogreen
Toronto, ON (Zone 6a)
May 29, 2013
I have always been well pleased with the outstanding quality of the plants I have received from Chris and her team at Canning Perennials. The plants are healthy, sturdy, well-leafed and large-rooted. But this year I am just ecstatic.

The team cheerfully accommodated changes to my plans for shipping, saying that I caused no inconvenience. Then, because Chris was dissatisfied with the size of one plant, she unbidden discounted its price by 50 per cent. And then, she sent me a gorgeous two-year old clematis rather than a younger plant just to thank me for being a longstanding customer.

I have never lost a Canning's plant despite my indifferent gardening. I cannot urge members strongly enough to feel utmost security in ordering from Canning Perennials.

Positive AnneCS
Vaughan, ON (Zone 5b)
June 9, 2012
Posted on May 10, 2010, updated June 9, 2012
Fantastic experience. The perennials I ordered were (as another poster described) the most mature and healthiest plants I've received by mail order.

Nice selection, high quality plants, and good packaging/shipping.
On June 9th, 2012, AnneCS added the following:

Fantastic experience again in 2012. I placed a fairly large order and 2 plants were smaller than they liked so they applied an automatic discount to my order for those two. This was very much appreciated! The plants were packaged nicely and arrived in great condition. They all settled in no problem and are doing great about 1 month after planting.
Positive refractal
ontario
June 27, 2007
very nice plants,
a very nice sempervivum collection
Positive ginnylynn
Blyth, ON (Zone 5b)
June 8, 2007
All of my experience with Canning Perennials over the past few years has been wonderful. This year, however, they have completely outdone themselves!

Earlier (well prior to shipping time) I had emailed Chris to ask if she knew whether or not a new introduction I had ordered would in fact be available. Once she knew how important this plant was to me she made repeated contact with her supplier until shipping time so she could warn me early if I would need to find an alternate source for it.

Then, due to supply difficulties, a couple of the other items on my order did end up being unavailable. Again, Chris contacted me promptly, we did a little "horse trading", and I ended up with substitutions of my choice that were traded at par with no extra cost to me.

Yesterday I received my order. These plants are by far the most mature, healthiest plants I have ever received through mail order. Everything was obviously packed with great care, and there were even a couple of free surprises included.

Chris Lepard and Canning Perennials gets my vote as "Company of the Year" for sure. Great product, careful shipping, and excellent customer service with a personal touch - what more could you possibly ask for?
Positive 33libra
Winnipeg, MB (Zone 3a)
May 29, 2007
I placed my first order with Canning Perennials this spring and I was blown away by the quality of the plants. They are large and healthy. I ordered two daylilies, two clematis and two tropical vines. Communication with Chris was excellent. She emailed to let me know that my order was on the way and when I asked why the tropicals weren't shipped, she explained that when she received them, she wasn't impressed with the quality and sent the order back to the grower. I will definitely order from Canning Perennials again. It is so nice to order plants that I cannot find in Winnipeg garden centres.
Positive cathaleen
Prince George
May 24, 2006
Placed my first mail order with Canning Perennials this year, and was very satisfied with the customer care given. Had placed my order and then wanted to add another item to the order, it was no problem, and just received my plants yesterday, all are a good size, healthy and I am very happy with them ( and that's with being sent 1/2 way across the country ) . Would not hesitate to recommend ordering from this company.
Positive mackieandkim
brampton
July 22, 2005
I have had several shipments from Canning Perennials. They arrived in excellent condition and were by far the nicest plants I have ever received by mail. I have also been to the garden center many times and have enjoyed the experience every time. The staff is very helpful and knowledgable. Chris Lepard is very accommodating and lovely to deal with. The variety of plants available at the garden center is amazing and I always come away with much more than I intended!
Positive posypots
Fergus, ON (Zone 5b)
February 2, 2004
Canning Perennials appear to be a very reliable company based on my one order.

They were prompt with shipment, the plants were packaged well and all in good shape.
Positive loisc
Toronto, Canada
August 2, 2003
I went to visit these people and had a very good experience at there site. But, I can't comment on shipping.

Plants on display were in good conditon and very healthy and those I bought have done very well. I have since emailed various question to them about other plants in their catalogue (as i plan a return trip) and have had quick and acurate responses.