The scoop on 'Digging Dog Nursery'

Digging Dog Nursery

Albion, California 95410 (United States)

» Like them on Facebook

Comments:

Displaying the 50 most recent comments:

Positive hairyjo
Danville, CA
October 11, 2014
I love this nursery outside of Mendicino. I have bought several clematis from them and some other plants. Their plants are healthy and they grow well. The staff is friendly and helpful. Plus they have a crazy dog who loves to chase sticks.
Positive jtvmm
September 27, 2014
I have been buying plants from Digging Dog Nursery for more than 10 years and have referred neighbors who have also had positive experiences as the staff is helpful and the plants healthy. As I live in Los Angeles and have sandy soil my growing conditions are different than those in Mendocino but the staff has been very helpful with advice regarding plants that are likely to do well for me. Their catalogue is very helpful and I particularly like the art work.
Positive hopsnsheep
Elkton, OR
September 20, 2014
We have purchased many plants from Digging Dog over the past 18 years, and have always been very pleased with the quality and vigor of the plants. The owners and staff are great to deal with, they've always been polite and friendly. We've recommended this company to many friends and relatives who love to garden.
Positive acensgarden
Cameron Park, CA
September 20, 2014
We have been a customer of Digging Dog Nursery for over 15 years. In all of that time we have never received anything but healthy plants and outstanding customer service. When I have had a question about a particular plant- whether or not it was viable for the more arid Sierra foothills where I live, Deborah and her staff have always taken their time to steer me in the right direction.We have recently moved and are putting in both front and back yards. We plan on using Digging Dog for as many of our plants as we can.
Positive JanisDogwood
Gualala, CA
September 17, 2014
I have found Digging Dog to have the most amazing selection of not-the-usual plants...most used in their own garden designs...and Deborah to be a most helpful, informative person to deal with. It is hands-down my favorite nursery. If you ever have a chance to visit Digging Dog in person and meet Deborah, you are in for a memorable treat.
Positive fulani
Mendocino, CA
September 17, 2014
I have been doing business with Digging Dog since 2000. I have gotten many plants and have always found both the owner and the staff helpful and easy to work with. Their plants are always in excellent condition.
Negative clematis911
Marietta, GA
September 16, 2014
Posted on September 9, 2014, updated September 16, 2014
6 years ago I ordered 2 plants of Sweet Autumn Clematis. I had grown up in KY with this plant surrounding our home in the fall and fell in love with the wonderful sweet fragrance. I received the plants in good order, planted them, in the fall each year they bloomed - every year blooming more and more - but never ever a single hint of fragrance. I called once after couple of years past and inquired and was given no answer. I thought after several years the flowers would spill out their wonderful fragrance - nothing. So I called the owner last month and told her the above - she was smug to say the least and laughed at me for 6 yrs passing - I told her the above that I kept waiting. She said she would investigate. 3 weeks later no answer. I called/emailed several times she was mulling it over with her Canadian buyer and their decision was \"my soil\" as the problem. I told her my neighbor has it growing beautifully and full of fragrance. No reply to that. I asked for my money back, she said no too much time had passed. I said I have two vines that I have spent a lot of time on to establish them properly and they are not what I ordered...so if I don\'t get my money back I will write an honest review about your horrible service and lack of knowledge about this particular situation. To this date - over 2 weeks later I have not received my $27.00. The money wasn\'t the point so much as her smugness and my having to stay on it. When I planted this vine it was planted with great care - with soil amendments added - watered and fertilized diligently. My sweet jasmine smells wonderful as does my Joseph Coat climbing rose - neither of which came from that nursery. So last month I ordered two Sweet Autumn Clematis - arrived beautifully - from Garden Harvest Supply in Indiana. Will keep you posted next fall.

On September 16th, 2014, clematis911 added the following:

If this nursery is so reputable why is their comment so long - their comment is indicative of poor customer service trying to cover their tracks. The refund check that supposedly was mailed on August 27, 2014 - date the owner stated it was mailed - has never been received - several emails have been sent to me apologizing for this delay - it is September 16th and still no refund. I have been very persistent about this situation as my husband and I both believe they don't know clematis terniflora - sweet autumn clematis - it is called sweet autumn clematis because it has a sweet fragrance.
Their plant has no fragrance after 6 years of being patient for a fragrance. Any gardener familiar with this plant is familiar with the lovely fragrance. I would never recommend this company and will tell everyone I know that gardens to never order from them. It has been a long drawn out ridiculous experience from a company that does not tell the truth.
Company representative comment on September 19, 2014:
On Sep 11, 2014 2:51 PM, Digging Dog Nursery responded with:

Our records indicate that Cathy first contacted us around the second week of August 2014. At that time, she told us about her Clematis terniflora, which she stated was thriving, but not fragrant. We listened attentively to her concerns and said that a picture would be helpful. Upon checking our records, we learned that she purchased these plants on 8/26/2008. We received the photo on August 11. We identified the photo as Clematis terniflora and were so puzzled by her situation that we forwarded it on to a man that operates one of the most respected and largest Clematis nurseries in North America for his opinion. He is a very busy person and it took awhile to hear back from him. He confirmed that it was a robust specimen of Clematis terniflora. He also had never heard of a non-fragrant Clematis terniflora. His nursery, which has been in business for over 40 years, has always supplied us with this particular Clematis. So after receiving the photo, four days later on August 14, we sent the following email to Cathy:

Dear Cathy,
We are so sorry that we did not get back with you sooner, but we were waiting to hear from the supplier. Neither the supplier, nor myself, have received any other complaints about the crop your plant came from, or any complaints about this particular clematis lacking a fragrance in the 20 plus years we\'ve been selling it. Our supplier, who is a renowned Clematis authority, suspects that this may have been environmentally caused due to your particular micro climate, which would be a combination of exposure, humidity, and soil type.

By the photo you sent, we can see that we correctly filled your order, and that your plant flourished and bloomed. Our policy states that we will provide a healthy plant that is true to it\'s name. As your order was placed six years ago, we are unclear what you would like us to do for you at this late date. If you would like to order a replacement plant, we will waive our handling fee. However, we cannot guarantee that it would be fragrant due to the unusual elements in your garden.

By the time we spoke again, Cathy had become quite upset. She continued to claim that we had sent her the wrong plant. We are very sorry that our attitude was misinterpreted when we attempted to explain to her that we had truly sent her two Clematis terniflora, a fact that had also been confirmed by a renown Clematis authority. In light of the unusual circumstances, we offered to refund half the cost of the plants. At that point, she became irate, threatening to do everything in her power to destroy our nursery\'s reputation if we did not refund her the full amount. We conceded to refunding her the full price of the plants, even though, we felt that we had upheld our nursery\'s guarantee and delivered her healthy botanically correct plants. We issued a refund check for $27.00, the total cost of the plants, on August 27 and mailed it to her via USPS standard mail. Since then, she has both emailed and called several times, threatening to take further action, in addition to posting this negative review even though we did confirm on September 4 that her refund check had been mailed. Each email we received from her has been promptly responded to, sometimes within an hour, assuring her that the check was on its way and to give it some additional time. We feel badly that she is so upset, but are not certain what more we could have done to ensure her satisfaction with our service.

On Sep 19, 2014 12:21 PM, Digging Dog Nursery added:

We are so sorry that the original check did not reach it's destination. However, after placing a stop payment on the first check, we have sent a new check via USPS Certified Mail, with signature requested and tracking on 9/16/2014.

Positive chickenpoint
San Rafael, CA
September 16, 2014
I have been ordering from Digging Dog consistently over the past few years and always with great customer service. As for the plants, I often see specific cultivars mentioned in Gardens Illustrated, the British gardening magazine, and then am able to find them from Digging Dog! You are reputable, knowledgeable, and plantspeople, understanding dormancy and the finer points of shipping such precious live cargo. As a Garden Designer, this is quite important to me! Please keep up the good work, making so many wonderful selections available out here in California ( eg. Phlox paniculata 'David's Lavender' to name just one! from my most recent order). Happy Gardening, Mary
Positive rkozloff
Davis, CA
September 12, 2014
I've purchased plants from Digging Dog through mail order and directly from their booth at the SF Flower Show for many years. I'm a nut for kniphofias and they have the best and widest offerings. Check out 'Bees Sunset' as the prettiest, most glowing-est kniphofia ever. And they're quick to respond to my questions on how a plant will do in my hot, dry inland California garden. I always order with confidence that my plants will arrive quickly, well packaged, and with the most robust root systems from any mail order nursery.
Positive zdmiles
August 20, 2014
I ordered phlomis plants from Digging dog. I live in MS and was not sure if they would sustain our humidity. I e-mailed requesting info. for my area. They personally contacted me and provided suggestions on how I could give my plants the best conditions for success if I decided to go ahead and order. I really liked that they didn't preface anything that they couldn't be responsible. They just discussed which types of phlomis might work best in my area. I decided to order all varieties. I received the plants in excellent condition. All appear to have no stress so far. The S&H charges were actually less than the estimate since they were able to pack them very well in a flat rate. It was a pleasure conducting business with Digging Dog. I will definitely use them every chance I get.
Positive Lexiy
South San Francisco, CA
August 7, 2014
Digging Dog had the plants that I have been looking for. I ordered the plants and they were delivered within two days and arrived in excellent condition. I will definitely order more from them as I am landscaping a front yard that used to be lawn which is now dead from the long drought here in California.
Positive katie59
Woodinville, WA (Zone 8b)
July 18, 2014
Just got my big order of geraniums from Digging Dog today. I was worried about how they'd arrive because the weather has been so hot. I was just thrilled today to see these so-well-packed and robust plants on my doorstep.

I give this mail order nursery a thumbs up and 5 stars. I'll be ordering from them again.
Positive Trip2011
Manchester, CT
July 3, 2014
This was only the 2nd time I'd ever ordered plants over the internet. I live in New England, so had ordered from an east coast nursery the first time. The plants arrived grey, dry and wilted. I watered them and planted them right away, but none survived. The plants were lavenders and a heather. I happened to find Digging Dog searching for another source of lavender and heather. When the plants arrived all the way from California, the soil was still slightly damp and the plants were a very nice green and very healthy looking. They were all planted within a couple of days and are doing very well. I won't hesitate to order from them again when I'm looking for something special. Thank you so much.
Positive susanLowry
Nelsonville, NY
May 30, 2014
The staff at Digging Dog made heroic efforts (5 phone calls) to get in touch with me about the status of my order and to discuss availability. When we finally connected (the confusion was my fault not theirs) they were extremely helpful and accommodating, confirming my belief that they are one of the BEST nurseries out there.
Positive LynnPritchard
Richmond, VA (Zone 7a)
May 30, 2014
I recently ordered 7 nepeta "Kit Kats" from Digging Dog, with whom I had never done business. They were exceptionally pleasant on the phone while I was ordering and were concerned that the weather forecast for my area, Richmond VA was for very hot weather. We agreed to hold off a week on delivery. They called back to re-schedule the delivery, and when I remarked that the order was going to an office which would be closed over Memorial Day, they suggested that we hold off until past the holiday, so that there was no risk of the plants being left unattended at the office. They called the following week to confirm delivery plans and to alert me that they were about to ship. The plants arrived quickly and were professionally and securely wrapped and in excellent condition. I am thrilled. The nepeta are in the ground, and I look forward to both enjoying the plants and to doing business with Digging Dog again in the future!
Positive art33
Florissant, MO
May 9, 2014
Posted on April 4, 2014, updated May 9, 2014
I was having a problem finding a mail order nursery that had a certain Verbena cultivar I wanted. I finally found it on Digging Dog Nursery’s website; they have a large selection of hard to find plants. I exchanged a couple of email messages with a member of their staff, regarding the shipping date. The person I conversed with was professional, friendly, and very helpful. This was the first time I ordered from this company and so far I’m well pleased; I’ll probably be ordering from them again in the future.

On May 9th, 2014, art33 added the following:

Just wanted to add that I received my Verbena order yesterday and could not be more pleased. Great packing and just beautiful health plants! Thank you Digging Dog Nursery!
Positive iykim
Hillsborough, CA (Zone 10a)
April 21, 2014
I discovered the Digging Dog Nursery at the SF Flower and Garden Show. At the Show, I purchased rare Agapetes 'Ludgvan Cross' which already had flower buds. I also purchased a few oenotheras. I was so pleased with the quality of these plants, I decided to use their online nursery to order several more plants that are hard to find such as Dierama pulcherrimum ‘Dark Cerise’, Hydrangea quercifolia ‘Snowflake’, Salvia ‘Silke’s Dream’, and Viburnum carlesii ‘Diana’. The plants were shipped out quickly in great packaging, and they were as good a quality as the ones that I bought directly from them at the Show. I would definitely order from them again.
Positive snowgarden
Leavenworth, WA
April 17, 2014
I ordered 5 Gaura lindheimeri 'So White' from Digging Dog and when I received the plants was very impressed by their size and vigor. I've ordered from many mail-order nurseries over the past 25 years and based on this experience would say that Digging Dog is one of the best for reasonable prices, wide selection, and healthy plants.
Positive Juvilian
POSEY, CA
April 15, 2014
Love Digging Dog Nursery... Very nice plants packed very well. Will definitely order from them again.
Positive deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI (Zone 5a)
March 27, 2014
My 1st time ordering from this comp and I"M VERY VERY Happy With all my Plants I Ordered & I plan to put in another order in the Near Future .
TY for timely Shipping also .
Positive karetzkyj
San Francisco, CA
March 1, 2014
Dealing with Digging Dog is a real pleasure! My email inquiry was answered quickly and the nursery followed up with a phone call to confirm my desired shipping date. They use ecologically sound shredded paper to protect their plants and all six plants arrived safely and in healthy condition. Their paper catalogue is beautiful and is filled with unusual plants; I look forward to dealing with them in the future.
Positive sehanley
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
February 7, 2014
In the past two years, I've purchased plants from Digging Dog seven times, and each order has turned out almost perfectly. Their website is very attractive, with a good deal of negative space making long pages of text easy to read. Material is divided into perennials, grasses (or grass-like plants), shrubs, and trees and vines, and in each category plants are listed alphabetically. It's fairly easy to navigate, but a bit tedious to scroll through, and most plants don't come with corresponding photographs--a very useful tool when it comes to selecting one cultivar from several dozen others. As Digging Dog has its specialties (heaps of clematis, salvia, kniphofia, et al), this is a rather important omission, along with some imprecise descriptions and vague (sometimes absent) cultural information. On the other hand, the occasional beautiful hand drawing is available, although these are viewed best in their annual catalog--a truly lovely thing, made with high-quality paperstock and printed well. A bit frivolous and decadent in these days, but it's always a treat when it arrives.

Packaging is very low-tech. Liners are laid on their side, staggered and sometimes overlapping, between layers of fluffy shredded paper. It's nothing fancy, but it works. I've never had a damaged plant. They arrive looking perky, hefty, with rootballs intact and slightly moist, although they are sometimes covered or lightly dusted in growing medium. Naturally dormant material is sometimes dormant, which speaks to their growing practices (of which I definitely approve!).

I've primarily purchased grasses from Digging Dog, and I love (love, love, love) the selection. I'm clearly not the only one, because in nearly every order I've placed, there is at least one item unavailable: on back-order or still in production. For a mail-order nursery generating the bulk of retail sales on-line, they're a bit slow when it comes to updating the website.

Service is impeccable, however. Orders are double-confirmed through e-mail prior to shipment, and when items are unavailable, you get a notice quite quickly, and are given several options: select other material, accept a refund commensurate with the cost of the unavailable material, or agree to a secondary shipment (later in the season, at the next season) once the plants are available. This works, but the process could be improved.

Nevertheless, I'm sticking with Digging Dog. The exceptional quality and selection of their material is worth it.
Positive gardenlady4
Placerville, CA
November 6, 2013
This is the 3rd time I have ordered plants from Digging Dog Nursery, and I am thrilled with my purchases. Twice, a company representative has called me personally to make a comment or ask a question about plants I ordered, and both times this person was so nice & really knew her plants! Everything has arrived in extremely healthy condition and the packing is superb. Yes, shipping is expensive, but I live in California where this nursery is located, so it's not too bad for me. Transportation costs have soared for everyone, so it's not surprising to me to have to pay more for this. I am so happy to have found a nursery I can order from in my own state, and cannot say enough positive things about this company.
Positive rfamilyco
Fort Collins, CO
November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your communications concerning the status of my order. I received the plants within tree days of shipping. The plants were beautiful and packaged very carefully. Thank you again for keeping me informed in regards to what was happening behind the scenes.
I hope to do future business with your nursery.
Positive WindfallCottage
Albion, CA
October 26, 2013
I've been buying plants for years from Digging Dog nursery. I've been to their plant sales and on the "Garden Strolls" with Deborah the proprietor. It's an amazing place. If you are ever on the Mendocino Coast you should make the nursery part of your visit. It's best to call first because it's a small family run nursery. The quality of their plants and customer service can't be beat! They are the Best!
Positive eldenhogan
San Rafael, CA
October 25, 2013
Digging Dog Nursery is the best! I love the fact that they are a small family owned business, but boy can they make big smiles! I ordered several plants but changed my order 3 times, I am a difficult customer I must admit, and Digging Dog never showed any signs of frustration. They were extremely helpful and had wonderful advice to my many questions. My plants arrived on time and in absolute perfect condition. Their soil was moist and the packaging was easy to deal with. I think it’s just great that they use recyclable shredded paper to pack their plants in, which I will be using in my compost. I put the plants right in the ground and they are thriving! I will most definitely be ordering from Digging Dog again soon!
Negative sadiewhitecoat
Bay Head, NJ
October 6, 2013
I am a garden designer whos intention it was to install a small rock garden for a client. One of the plants I wanted in the garden is difficult to find in my area. Happily, I found the plant online at Digging Dog Nursery, but (sadly) was told that since they would not ship only one plant to NJ, I needed to spend a minimum amount. I chose 3 more [difficult to find here as well] plants to meet their requirement. The plants I ordered came to me *shockingly* small- even for the price ($7, average per plant), considering the whopping S & H ($15 plus $5, grand total $47). Though small, only one of the plants was barely acceptable in spite of all that $$.
When I called to express my
disappointment, the reply (from the proprietor) was an invite to mail everything back. An inconvenient solution was to be my only solace in this already extremely disappointing experience. Her attitude was at once defensive and unyielding. I also noticed a bit of hoitiness in her affect, as if she was doing me a favor by allowing me to place an order.
I have ordered plants mail order in the past and have had disappointments as well- but was always satisfied in the end and inspired to tell others of a great experience, wanting to 'spread the good word'.
I cannot find one good word to spread about Digging Dog Nursery.
Summary: expensive, scrawny sickly plants, terrible customer service.
Company representative comment on October 7, 2013:
On Oct 7, 2013 2:21 PM, Digging Dog Nursery responded with:

This customer called on a busy day for us (our mail order ship date) and we gladly spent a significant amount of time on the phone helping her select unusual rock garden plants, advising her on specific soil recommendations and discussing which plants would be hardy for her area. We rushed the order through on that day to make sure she received her plants as quickly as possible. During one of our phone conversations, she expressed appreciation for all the advice and time we spent helping her.

Rock garden plants tend to grow slowly and are diminutive. Perhaps this is way she felt that the plants were small or unhealthy. For instance, one of the plant’s foliar growth is a mere 1 or 2-inches tall. She had me count the number of leaves and stems on another plant. I told her the plant was not in bloom, that it had just been trimmed for the season and was beginning to go dormant so she would not be disappointed when she unpacked it.

We sent the plants as inexpensively as possible, via USPS Priority flat rate shipping ($14) so they would reach her quickly and at a lower cost than UPS. With the rising prices of gasoline it is costly to send a plant via air across the country. We have never made a profit on our shipping.

Upon hearing of this customer’s overall disappointment, we assured her that each of the plants was healthy and would thrive in the rock garden environment. Perhaps this customer thought I was being unyielding because I stood behind the health of our plants. We grow our plants in open air cold frames using real sterilized garden loam and allow them to go through their natural life cycle, which includes going dormant for the winter. We believe growing our plants in this fashion ensures healthy and long-lived plants, as attested by overwhelmingly positive customer feedback during our 21+ years of growing our plants and running this mail order business.
Since she still seemed upset after we reassured her and answered additional questions, I thought offering a full refund for the plants once they arrived back at the nursery, at our expense would resolve her disappointment. We are truly sorry that it hasn’t. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and as a small family-run business we’ve been able to provide personal attention to each and every valued customer. We will still strive to find a way to resolve this situation in an amiable fashion.

Positive mtngal
Windsor, CO
September 12, 2013
I ordered 4 phlomis russelina plants that I was unable to find at local nurseries. The plants arrived individually potted, soil moist. They were very healthy plants. Yes, shipping is expensive. Shipping plants is expensive if plants are to be carefully packed, shipped expedited so as to arrive healthy. I am very happy with my purchase and will look to Digging Dog for other plants that I may not be able to find locally.
Positive MarthaHK
Fremont, CA
June 21, 2013
I was looking for plants for different sections of our yard following a major renovation. Their site was easy to use, it saved my plant lists over many days without my having to "check out" and pay. For most items there are pictures, instructions on care of the plants and suggestions for the garden. This allowed me to make carefully researched decisions at my own speed.

When I ordered from Digging Dog I was able to pay over the phone - which was important to me. Delivery was set according to my needs. And when I had a sudden medical emergency, my plants were held until I was better.

When the plants are delivered there are some great instructions included that are geared to customers with different needs. This is super useful!

I was a bit of a secret shopper on this one. The Digging Dog team was great with me at the SFO Garden Show - even though they had no idea I had recently placed a large order. To them I was just someone who stopped by. Still they were welcoming, easy to work with and very knowledgable.

Over the weeks following my hospital stay, the team continued to be kind, thoughtful and prompt with any changes made to my existing orders. Shipping charges were clearly stated and when the order was split into three - increases to shipping charges were minimal. I was contacted with those charges prior to shipping and making changes to my dates happened easily over email. It was a very good experience.

The plants are all healthy. They arrive small, but they grow :) The roots are deep. I ordered some very hard to find plants and am pleased with the product received, the shipping and handling company used, and customer service. I will try to post again next year to let you know how the garden looks now.

I really liked this experience!

Martha Kreeger, Fremont CA
Positive glvogt
Cedar Hills, OR
June 3, 2013
I ordered six hard-to-locate epimediums and asked that the order be sent at a later date (at the conclusion of some travel). I subsequently amended the order to add a vine. Everything worked according to plan: the two orders were merged, and everything was sent on the specified date. The bonus was finding that all of the plants were very decent sized and healthy. Very, very good packing. I will cheerfully use DD again . . . just as soon as I can find another few square inches to plant something.
Positive Mhawver
Chicago, IL
May 10, 2013
Wow! Service...service...service! Digging dog makes it so easy. I could not find the Japanese Forest grass that I was looking for anywhere. Everyone told me I would have to wait until Fall. Sure enough, not only did Digging Dog have it....but knowing that i was anxious to get them planted, they called me back to say that they were able to ship it out on Tuesday, even though I called them on Monday afternoon! I have already had friends order and can't wait to keep spreading the word. It is not often that I can recommend something as confidently as I can recommend Digging Dog.
Positive AZJohnB
Sierra Vista, AZ
April 25, 2013
I ordered 5 Cistus (Rock Rose ) plants which are somewhat difficult to find. They arrived exactly on schedule, well packed and in superb condition. Two started to bloom in less than a week. I'm very pleased! These people know what they are doing!
Positive paforbes
Cedar Rapids, IA
April 24, 2013
First comment to those complaining about shipping. If you do not want to pay shipping, go to your local business and buy. I don't think they charge shipping.

After working with other large, unnamed, online nurseries, working with Digging Dog is a breath of fresh air. They are not big, but family run, and easy to work with. I can request my own shipping date. Unheard of with the other nurseries. And, I only want to deal with perennials; Digging Dog has the type of perennials I want. Did I mention... they communicate. I am a yakker, and I need someone that will yak back at me. It's called communication.

Simple as that: they are smaller and easy to work with; they have the perennials I want, and they will try to ship them when I request it. And the last biggie, communication. So they definitely get my recommendation, and a strong one at that. Paul
Positive bbbuild
Port Orchard, WA
April 20, 2013
Just got my first order from Digging Dog via the internet. I was very impressed with the healthy plants I received. One was damaged in shipping. I emailed them and they are sending me another, no hassle at all. I liked that I was able to request a shipping date ahead of time so I could receive the plants at the right planting time for my area. I've seen complaints about shipping charges but they seemed pretty comparable to other online nurseries with decent plants. You get what you pay for. Will definitely be a repeat buyer.
Positive ray11
Tryon, NC
March 26, 2013
I have ordered twice now from Digging Dog Nursery and both times have been good experiences. The Plants offered are Fabulous. They came wrapped and packaged beautifully. The Plants themselves were healhy and strong specimens. I could not be pleased more. I would and have, recommended Digging Dog Nursery to friends and would not hesitate to do business with them again. They were also helpful and friendly in answering an inquiry I had made. Great Plants, Great Business!!!!
Positive AnRo
El Dorado Hills, CA
March 25, 2013
I bought plants from Digging Dog via internet and at the S.F. Flower and Garden Show. Many of their Kniphofias, Geraniums and Clematis ended up in my garden. All the plants arrived in great condition and I had no problem getting them established. Digging Dog is one of my favorite nurseries and I will buy from them again.
Positive Bippo
Buena Park, CA
November 4, 2012
I have been ordering plants from Digging Dog for almost 20 years, and they are in my top 3 favorite mail-order nurseries. My favorite is my Chinese Fringe tree, planted in 1993-In the Spring, it is a wonder to behold. My garden is filled with Digging Dog plants, and I would recommend them to everyone. Plus, I love their catalog...the plant descriptions and artwork are great.
Positive bbock
Williamson, AZ
October 4, 2012
1st time buyer. The plants came in excellent condition (better than most of the mail order companies I have used in the past). Strong root development = less transplant shock. Will definitely order from them again. Great selection of plants on their website.
Positive orgrown
August 15, 2012
Here's the comment I sent to Digging Dog Nursery:

I recently ordered 3 clerodendrum from Digging Dog Nursery and just wanted to let you know that you exceeded my expectations. The plants are beautiful and much larger than I thought they would be, Packaging was great and service was A+
Thanks so much!

Positive rosegreensite
Newport Coast, CA
July 31, 2012
For years I have been looking off and on for Sisyrinchium striatum every since I saw it in a Penelope Hobhouse garden book. Finally found it at Digging Dog Nursery along with several other plants I have never seen in my local garden centers. My plants arrived in excellent condition and are doing well in the garden beds. Cathy emailed me about a hellebore that was to be shipped later but I was going to be out of town. She made arrangements to ship the plants after I was back in town. Great plants, Great customer service. Will definitely buy from them again.