The scoop on 'King's Mums'

King's Mums

14857 S Brunner Rd
Oregon City, Oregon 97045 (United States)

Phone: 503.656.2078
Fax: 206.338.3540

Company Comment, posted on June 8, 2009:
Per a note from the new owners, King's Mums (originally in Clement, CA) has been sold and is now located in Oregon City OR.

Mr King. who is now 88, has retired and sold the business to Ray and Kim Gray. All the stock plants and nursery equipment were moved to the Oregon City location in January 2009, and the Grays have taken over management of the mail order business, catalog distribution, and website .

Comments:

Positive TexLu
West Sacramento, CA
March 18, 2010
I order chrysanthemum cuttings from this company for 5 years. This year my ordered cuttings are coming in small paper pots containing soil mix. This is much better way to grow and packing cutting. It make much easier for me to plant cuttings and to avoid transplant shock. All cutting come in very good conditions. The new owners of King's Mum are doing a great job!
Positive newday73
Chesapeake, VA
January 30, 2010
Posted on December 11, 2009, updated January 30, 2010
I first ordered from this company at least thirty years ago, and after a long hiatus from gardening, reordered a couple of years ago when the business was in California. This past year, 2009, I ordered from the new owners and must say that the service and product were just as outstanding as ever. They are the ONLY company, as far as I know of, who sell such outstanding chrysanthemums as rooted cuttings in such a wide variety of cultivars. They have always been disease -free and if you follow the instructions you will be blessed with some truly beautiful cultivars! I am ordering more this year for 2010!
On January 30th, 2010, newday73 added the following:

For those of you who are chrysanthemum growers, I just received the new catalog from Kings and also the new web site with most of their cultivars. I was excited to see that they have been innovative in their cuttings, which used to come as bare root, but are now coming in small 100% biodegradable potys containing their own soil mix, a fungicide and a slow release fertilizer! I have never lost a cutting in over thirty years withs the old way, but this new way where they are rooted in the same container and shipped in the same container a will make it even easier to avoid transplant shock. These new owners have answered two of my emails promptly and always preovided the information that is needed. You will also be able to order online from their online catalog which is just another plus. This is the second season for these new owners and they are doing a great job!
Positive veganman
Peoria, AZ (Zone 9b)
June 2, 2007
My order arrived quickly and in perfect condition. I am impressed by how large and how well rooted the cuttings are. Great selection, great quality, great price!
Positive shuggins
Houston, TX (Zone 9b)
May 14, 2007
Great company. Very healthy plants. I ordered my plants and received them with no problems. They were also great about tell me when the order was shipping. I will definitely be back!!
Positive mizpat1
Redding, CA
February 24, 2007
This is my 4th year ordering Mums from Kings! Delivery is prompt when promised, plants(slips) are healthy, have never lost one. The King's Collection selection is the best buy on the market! Instructions for growing are understandable for the novice!
Neutral perfect_stain
Wichita, KS
August 6, 2006
I have never ordered from this company, so I cannot yet rate it. But I had almost given up on finding rare breeds of mums and I am overjoyed to have found a source for them! Thank you so very much Dave's Garden! Thank you Gardeners!
Positive dstartz
Deep South Texas, TX (Zone 9a)
July 4, 2005
An absolute joy to do business with! Emails and phone calls were answered promptly, with courtesy and professionalism.

I ordered 103 cuttings and, on the day they were expected, received large, healthy cuttings with impressive root systems.

I only wish I didn't have to wait until next year before I could order again.
Positive MaryCorbett
Niceville, FL (Zone 8b)
July 11, 2004
Have ordered from this company 3 times with excellent results. They have a huge selection of chrysanthemums (over 150 cultivars). The plants were shipped in perfect condition, true to variety, and exactly when requested. Each had its own tag, and I have not received any that were mislabeled. Customer Service is very helpful if you should have any questions. I will continue to order from them.
Positive Rachelesque
October 16, 2003
I ordered about a dozen mum plants from this company June 2003; the plants were delivered timely and were in great condition. I am happy to report that all of the cuttings are now thriving in my garden! I plan on ordering even more mums next year.
Positive muttipie
May 2, 2003
Purchased the Rainbow Collection (3) to be shipped April 28th. Rcvd Wed (two days later)
beautifully packed
great foliage
good root system.
These are single - cuttings.
Will update as needed.
Positive motts1
south central, WI (Zone 5a)
December 1, 2001
Sent very healthy plants, in timely fashion. They have a very wide selection of mums and good descriptions. As of last spring, they were not set up to take credit card orders.