The scoop on 'L'Atelier Vert'

L'Atelier Vert

8888 Keystone Crossing, Ste 1300
Indianapolis, Indiana 46240 (United States)

Phone: +33 (6) 74 97 87 46
Fax: +33 (1) 47 66 20 16

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies and seeds.

Company Comment, posted on November 26, 2004:
My company is American, but all my products are shipped from France. Specializing in French home and garden accessories and seeds, 100% made in France. You'll also find many articles on French gardens and gardening techniques, recipes, etc.

Barbara Wilde

Comments:

Positive Laurafox
Omaha, NE
March 28, 2013
A great selection of vegetable seeds! Cost of shipping from France to US midwest was incredibly reasonable and my order arrived sooner than expected. The seeds I have planted so far (including ficoide glaciale) have germinated well. Glad to have found a new source for unique heirloom varieties.
Positive jgarman
Newport, RI
January 30, 2013
This was the ONLY place I could find ficoide glaciale seeds. I was nervous about ordering internationally, but everything went very smoothly and my seeds arrived only a few days after the estimated shipping date. Excellent communication from Barbara in Paris. Will definitely order again -
Neutral greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States (Zone 7a)
December 27, 2006
I have yet to receive an order that I placed on November 26, 2006, but I have been billed in full. There is no US number that I can call, and there has been no response to two emails that I've sent. Their website is attractive and their products look great, but this is the first time I've been stiffed by an online company. If I finally receive my merchandise I'll post the news, but meanwhile I'm going to have to dispute my VISA bill, which is a pain in the neck.

By the way, the number provided for them on the VISA bill turns out to be incorrect.
On January 5th, 2007, greenhouse_gal changed the rating from negative to neutral and added the following:

My order finally arrived today, 1/5/07, apparently having been sent economy class even though I paid $33 extra for priority shipping. The package was wet, which is obviously not the vendor's fault, but I'm not sure whether the seeds will still be viable as a result, since the packets felt damp.

I contacted VISA and canceled my dispute. However, I am still concerned that the phone number on the VISA bill was incorrect and that the vendor never responded to my emails. Still, the package did show up and the soaps and pruner look very nice. I am upgrading my rating to neutral because of that, but unless I hear from the company at some point I would not order from them again.

On January 6th, 2007, greenhouse_gal added the following:

I just heard from Barbara Wilde at L'Atelier Vert via email. She apologized for the misunderstanding and acknowledged that the order had been shipped economy rather than priority as I had requested. She is offering me a $30 credit on my next order to make up for that failure and is resending the seeds in case the original batch was damaged by the damp. I am still concerned that my initial emails weren't answered, but at this point I would order again; of course I'd have to to reap the benefits of my credit.

If there were a rating between positive and neutral I'd select that, but as it is I think I'll wait to see how I fare next time.
Positive NickiK
Portland, OR (Zone 8b)
May 24, 2004
WOW! This company has excellent information and articles on gardening and carries some very interesting cultivars from France. I placed an order of seeds and am very pleased with the seeds I received. They are all very generously portioned for a reasonable price, and I had e-mailed the company concerning a question that I had and got a quick and helpful response. I will be ordering more from them very shortly.