The scoop on 'The Lily Farm '

The Lily Farm

7725 Highway 7 West
Center, Texas 75935 (United States)

Visit The Lily Farm at:

Editor's Comment:
Question Mark Per a note from a reader, the ownership for this company has changed from Jack Carpenter to his nephew, Mark.

Comments:

Positive laurahteague
Madisonville, KY
April 13, 2012
I met Mark Carpenter at the Nashville Daylily Mid-Winter Symposium last year, was very impressed with his talk, and ordered from him. The Lily Farm offers a bonus for first time buyers, which is a real plus. He was very accomodating, e-mailed several times to make sure I got what I wanted, etc. He's a really nice guy, and the daylilies he's selling, most still hybridized by Jack, are great plants. I look forward to seeing what he does in future.
Positive JuliaNY
Dundee, NY
April 29, 2011
I order 8 different plants. Plants received are large fans, healthy roots,clean, packaged very well and more than meets my expectations. The Lily Farm - now owned by Mark Carpenter, is wonderful to deal with. High standard of customer service and quick turnaround of inquiries.
Definitely will buy from again.
Positive susxmedic
Harbeson, DE (Zone 7b)
May 14, 2010
Posted on October 25, 2005, updated May 14, 2010
MASSIVE PLANTS!! Extremely generous with their new introductions. Absolutely wonderful to talk to on the phone. Generous bonus plants. Unique and hardy new introductions. We will continue to be loyal customers!!!!!!
On May 14th, 2010, susxmedic added the following:

I have continued to order from Jack (and now Mark) and remain a very happy customer! His plants do very well in my zone 7 garden.
Positive vossner
Richmond, TX (Zone 9a)
July 3, 2009
Jack's love of daylilies is contagious and a visit to The Farm will make you a DL lover if you aren't one before your visit. Plants are huge and healthy and the selection is dizzying. Visit in May or June for a spectacular display, but mail order is also available.
Positive eickenho
Sugar Land, TX (Zone 9a)
June 9, 2008
I visited Jack's daylily farm on June 6, 2008. It was a wonderful experience, and Jack's and Josie's knowledge and help were fantastic. The daylilies I purchased were huge and healthy. I can't recommend his daylilies high enough.
Positive Flintrock
Flint, TX
May 30, 2007
I visted the farm on May 19th, 2007. Jack was extremely personable, generous and helpful. I purchased several cultivars; Patsy Carpenter, Worth It All, Forever Redeemed, and Palace Garden Beauty. I went home with 4 large bags of lillies. He also gifted generously. There is something for everyone at the farm. He plants thousands of seedling each year and sells a great many of them at very low prices. I couldn't resist a couple myself, a beautiful yellow and an eyed lavender blue. He knows his fields backwards and forwards, and obviously loves what he does. Thank you, Jack
Positive patnjbob
Blossom, TX
November 26, 2005
I visited Jack's Lily Farm in June. I had many of Jack's daylilies from years past but it was the first time for the trip to his farm. I have started saving for another trip in 2006. His seedlings ( which he says no no no, more often than ok) are absolutely wonderful. What happens, well, you can go to the Lily Farm fields and pick out and flag iris you would like to purchase. If they are Jack's seedlings, sometimes you get some of them and sometimes you don't..but the no no no is worth the time to go and have a look see. His daylily fans are beyond imagination. When I was there, someone had flown in with the clothes on their backs and suitcases empty so they could load up with the daylilies and then fly back home with his plants. If ever you can get to Texas, then try for the time when the daylilies are blooming. Oh, Josie is a beautiful sweet lady..and wow, she has a knack for hybridizing some beauties too. Highest praise from me and I'm a tough one on plant purchases. They must be far above average to gain praise from this ole gal.
Positive mrseak
Vivian, LA
May 31, 2005
On Memorial Day, my husband and I visited The Lily Farm near Center, Texas. Frankly, I was just blown away by the superior quality of the plants and the hospitality and generosity of both Jack and Josie. I can't wait to go back.
Positive Lycopodium
Clermont, KY
April 21, 2005
My wife is the Hybridizer Study Chairperson for the Louisville Area Daylily Society. The study consists of buying a collection of daylilies and distributing them to the members to grow in their gardens for 2 years and they are returned to the club and sold to other members, a double fan is given the babysitters for a thank you. She chose Jack Carpenters Bonanza collection for the 2005 study. We received 162 fans worth over $8500.00 for $2512.00. All the plants were amazingly huge and healthy.We are truly grateful to Jack and Josie for this generous order. I feel this really raises the bar for other hybridizers to live up to. If you are tired of sick little single fans, forget them and deal with Jack! Truly his cultivars are some of the most beautiful in commerce at the present time.
Positive DeniseCh
February 24, 2004
I've ordered from Jack Carpenter's Lily Farm many times in recent years, as well as from all the other Southern U.S. daylily hybridizers. The Lily Farm's plant quality and service are exemplary, the prices are very reasonable, their new introductions are outstanding, and the bonuses are quite generous. Jack is a conscientious and honorable businessman, is very responsive to his customers, and has always sent Gorgeous plants.