The scoop on 'Miles' To Go'

Miles' To Go

Cortaro, Arizona 85652 (United States)

Comments:

Positive hardyinokc
Oklahoma City, OK
May 9, 2014
Very nice plants arrived in timely manner....well-packaged...good communication...THANX!!!!
Positive Minime8484
Chandler, AZ (Zone 9b)
November 6, 2013
Posted on September 24, 2010, updated November 6, 2013
I was looking for a specific species of cactus plus others that required similar conditions; a fellow collector suggested I just simply call Miles and ask him.
I did - and it was SUCH a pleasure to talk to him directly! Not only very friendly, but very concerned that I get exactly what I needed. He took the time to explain several things that will help me in the future with my garden and made several recommendations.
He also indicated he would select specific - larger - plants for me based on my requirements.
Plants arrived in TWO days! Well-packed, extremely healthy, and MUCH larger than I had hoped. And that's not to mention the VERY reasonable prices!
Cannot say enough good about MIles2Go...I wish there were a level ABOVE "Positive"!
On November 6th, 2013, Minime8484 added the following:

Today received another order from Miles, and he simply keeps blowing me away with the quality, size, and price of his plants. It simply does NOT get any better than Miles2Go all the way around.
Positive dfwdennis
Grapevine, TX (Zone 8a)
February 24, 2013
Great selection of cacti at a great price and with reasonable shipping rates. Plants were shipped promptly and arrived in great shape. I will be ordering from this vendor again in the future.
Positive Toddott
Kentwood, MI (Zone 5b)
September 21, 2012
Ordered several cactus, a stapelia, and an orchid. Very nice, large healthy plants. Good communication and reasonable prices on products and shipping. Received within a week of ordering, packed nicely, with a receipt and a new order form, which will definitely be used in the future.
Positive karyn1
Silver Spring, MD
September 20, 2012
Posted on January 6, 2011, updated September 20, 2012
Posted on September 11, 2010, updated January 6, 2011
I placed my first order with Miles to Go and was quite impressed with the plants that I received. I ordered a mix of asclepiads, 16 total. All were beautiful and much bigger then I anticipated. Many were even in bloom. I'll definitely order from this company again.
On January 6th, 2011, karyn1 added the following:

I placed another order from Miles and was equally pleased with the plants that I received. This time I ordered 23 varieties. All look good and once again most were much bigger then expected. They were carefully boxed along with a heat pack as temps here are quite cold. They were shipped on Mon and I received them on Wed.
On September 20th, 2012, karyn1 added the following:

I just received another shipment from MTG. I ordered about a dozen plants, again, mostly asclepiads and everything looks great. He has a wonderful selection of cacti & succulents and extremely reasonable prices.
Positive cwalke
Longview, WA
March 22, 2012
I just received my first order from this company and was surprised at the size and health of the plants. Very pleased...will order from them again.
Positive NancySLAZ
Sun Lakes, AZ (Zone 9a)
June 22, 2011
I've order from Miles many times and the experience is consistantly excellent. Any questions I have, Miles has always answered quickly.
Positive zkfk
East Millinocket, ME
March 10, 2011
Extremely pleased and impressed by this nursery/Miles, The health, quality and value of these cacti is unsurpassed--very fast shipping and online response times as well. thanks so much
Positive Rudbeckia1
Chicago, IL
September 22, 2010
I have just received my first order from Miles' To Go, and am very impressed with the quality of the cacti, careful packing, speedy delivery, and reasonable prices for some really hard-to-find plants. I would not hesitate to recommend Miles' To Go to anyone wanting to acquire a cactus they have previously seen only in books--this company's inventory is TRULY OUTSTANDING.

However, there is room for improvement. First, I was not expecting my plants to arrive bare-rooted, and had to dash out and buy many little clay pots. Their order form should include a notice, such as "Please note: All plants shipped bare-rooted" in LARGE type. Second, their order system is strangely antiquated. They do not have a toll-free phone, nor do they offer online ordering. Customers are encouraged to e-mail their orders, but warned not to include their credit card numbers because the site is not secure. Rather, they are told to phone these in (while paying long-distance rates to do so). They can also fax in orders, or do what I did--send their order by "snail mail" and enclose a check--just like our grandmothers did in the 1950's.

Still, the plants are the important thing, and I am delighted with the ones I received today. I will definitely order from Miles' To Go again in the future, and hope their order system has been upgraded by then.
Positive cactuspeace
Woodhaven, NY
July 18, 2010
Miles gives you the best value for your money in the marketplace. He has a nice variety of healthy plants and is quick to help you with any questions that you may have. I only trust a few vendors and he is one of them.
Positive Calico_Cactus
Zillah, WA
April 22, 2010
Miles is the best. His plants are big, healthy, unique, and very fairly priced. If he grew about 500 additional species of cactus and succulents, I would never buy plants anywhere else. If you are ever in the Tucson area, call him and see if you can visit the nursery. He is a wealth of knowledge and a really friendly guy. Make sure your car has plenty of room, you'll need it.
Positive BBrandon77
Knoxville, TN (Zone 7a)
January 8, 2010
Quick shipping, good packaging, healthy plants, and wonderful customer service.
Positive smashedcactus
Cannelton, IN (Zone 6b)
March 20, 2009
Received my order in three business days. The quality of the plants were better than any I have purchased anywhere else. They were very well rooted. Price and shipping very reasonable. I will definitely be ordering again.
Gary
Positive plantgeek88
Louisville, KY
August 21, 2008
Miles has the best plants, variety and is very reasonable. I have ordered from him many times and have never been dissapointed. He ships quickly and packs them with lots of care. And he's a super-nice guy too.
Positive davidmk
Austin, TX (Zone 8b)
May 2, 2008
Miles has great plants- healthy, a good size, unusual- at great prices. They are shipped quick. I have order multiple times and have never been disappointed. Everyone I hear from has only positive things to say about Miles' to Go! Me too!
Positive bagel_k
Central, NJ (Zone 6b)
December 1, 2007
I ordered several cacti from Miles. All plants looked well grown, and were larger than expected. Prices are very good, and they have largest selection. Shipping was super fast and free!!!
Positive golfcart
Summerfield, FL
September 19, 2007
I have ordered from Miles several times, and it has always been a good experience. Nice plants, reasonably priced.
Fast service.
Positive senlarrs
Harrisburg, PA (Zone 6a)
June 29, 2007
Should have written this back when, ordered some plants from Miles.
Excellent communications and service, will definitely ordered again.
Positive kuehn1935
North Fort Myers, FL (Zone 11)
June 15, 2007
My order was recieved when the owners were away and they ship on Mondays to insure quick and safe delivery. When they returned they sent an e-mail saying they would ship on the following Monday. The plants arrived Thursday. They were in very good codition. Second time I have order from them. Both times excellent quality and care. They are the first place Iook.
Positive Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL (Zone 7b)
October 28, 2006
Very positive experience - I previously took part in the co-op and received great plants so I decided to order again -WOW is all I can say - also helped find others not listed species! I will definitely keep ordering, great C&S, great service and speedy delivery!
Positive hostamomma
Dundee, IL
October 27, 2006
Received my order yesterday and was extremely satisfied! The plants were very well packed (and insulated), well developed, and a bargain for the price! Quick shipping, friendly and helpful phone service, and a great value for the buck get this classy establishment added to my five star list.

You just can't go wrong as far as I can tell.
Positive Malestrom
Plumiedelphia, PA (Zone 7a)
September 9, 2006
The plants were huge and healthy
excellent quality
fast shipping and prices were excellent too!!
Ill defenitly be ordering from him again!
Positive dmichael619
Murrells Inlet, SC (Zone 8a)
September 7, 2006
I hosted the cactus co-op with Miles and as with each order that i've placed with him it was a pleasurable experience.

I have bought from him now at least a half dozen times or more and am always amazed at the size and quality of plants that Miles sends and the prices cant be beat!

I have a current order with him and know that I will be just as pleased with this one as I was when I got my very first set of his plants.

Quality plants and fast friendly customer service is what you'll get when you order from Miles to Go!!
Positive 2manyplants
Phoenix, AZ (Zone 9b)
August 9, 2006
A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Always healthy, large plants, great service, fast shipping.
Have used several times, will continue.
Can't say enough about how great and friendly Miles is.
Positive dave12122
East Haddam, CT
July 4, 2006
It's always a pleasure to unwrap a Miles-2-Go order. Plants are always larger then you expect, flawless, and correctly named 98% of the time! I especially like Miles' Lithops, Parodia, Lobivia, and Ariocarpus, but you really can't go wrong ordering anything. Very, very, very highly recommended!!
Positive InnerLightPhoto
Brooklyn, NY
May 18, 2006
Placed my first order with Miles on Saturday [my reason for ordering from Miles was based on the comments that were posted on Dave's Garden Watchdog] and received my plants on Thursday. They were terrific to say the least. No bugs, no skimpy plants, no problems, no hassles. They look like well established plants that have been in my collection for some time. The prices are more than a bargain for plants of this quality - I know I will have these plants for a long time. I can't wait to order again. Now where to put all these plants...
Positive rusty2004
Lodi, CA
March 8, 2006
I received my order of 24 plants today, I could not be more pleased, his customer service is great,as are his plants, not my 1st order, always happy.
a+++ HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
On July 22nd, 2006, rusty2004 added the following:

Miles had some new ones and knowing I would not be sorry, ordered some more. And as always very full rooted plants, packed very well. Came without leave loose with our temps going for110.
He sells hemostats, mine went out with yard cuttings and can not be without it. So useful.
You will not be sorry, order came very fast also.
Positive aachamp79
Santa Maria, CA
December 29, 2005
I placed an order with Miles2Go on Christmas Day. Four days later my plants arrived in excellent condition! I could not be more pleased with this company and the service it provides.
Positive kjantz
Antioch, TN (Zone 6a)
January 12, 2005
I have dealt with Miles for over 10 years now. I served as President of the Central Arizona Cactus & Succulent Society for 3 years and in other positions for 7. We always made a stop at Miles' when on a trip to his area, and now that I am out-of-State, I order as exclusively from him as is possible. His nursery is well laid out, the plants are tidy & orderly, and he grows until he feels he can offer top-notch plants. He is an expert grafter, excellent grower, very knowledgeable and willing to share his knowledge, and a pleasure to work with. He has also authored two well written books. His shipments are well packed and shipped promptly.
Positive gowron
Athens, GA
December 15, 2004
I recently received my second order from Miles-to-Go (first one was last Spring). It is always a pleasure to deal with Miles. His selection is great, the plants are of very high quality (and often larger than advertised) and very reasonably priced. Even though they do not have an online order form ordering by email is very easy as Miles will answer your emails VERY promptly, confirm availability, give you a total and then you can call him with your credit card # - fast and safe.
Positive epistaxis
February 20, 2004
I just received another package from MTG with a less than 1 week turn around from day of fax. As I removed each well packed specimen I was again struck by how beautiful and healthy and robust the plants were. I just regret I didn't get a larger greenhouse because their catalog is amazing. I highly recommend this nursery and I will be ordering again just as soon as I can squeeze in more shelves.
Positive mep
October 11, 2003
This is one of my 2 favorite plant stores, mail-order or otherwise. They only sell cacti and other succulents, but the variety is astounding. The plants are large, healthy, well and promptly shipped, and I get the feeling Miles Anderson sincerely loves what he is doing. My only problem is that I don't have enough room to order everything I would like and the ones I have keep growing!
Positive raia
August 27, 2003
I am posting to add my recommendation of this company. I was very impressed with the size of the plants as well as their health and the shipping policy is very appealing.
Positive hannibal
Philadelphia, PA
August 14, 2003
I have ordered from this company 4 times,and i am extremely satisfied with their promptness of delivery,and the size of the plants.I would give them an A+ rating.
Positive Denise96
March 15, 2003
I have ordered twice from this company. Both orders came extremely fast and well packed. The plants were larger than expected and Miles himself was very pleasant to talk to. I highly recommend this nursery.