The scoop on 'Old Man Cactus'

Old Man Cactus

223 Lloyd Spring Road
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee 37379-6938 (United States)

Comments:

Positive hibiscus07
Littleton, MA
May 30, 2011
I've placed 4 orders with OldManCactus.com over the last 2 years and have been very pleased with all of my experiences!
I've had difficulty keeping any of the lithops alive, but I think that's more likely to due to my own inexperience with them.

Anyone have tips on lithops? I just ordered some more. Fingers crossed...
Positive KerstinC
South Lake Tahoe, CA
May 3, 2009
The bare-root cacti I received in the mail were very healthy and robust. The shipping was quick and the plants had been packed carefully.
Positive davidmk
Austin, TX (Zone 8b)
May 10, 2008
I just received my first order Thursday. They were in good condition and a good size. Healthy roots.
They have some plants that I have not seen elsewhere and reasonable prices.
The shipping was very reasonable- something that can make or break ordering online.
I am sure I will order from here again!

David
Neutral Mr_Cleaver
Reeders, PA (Zone 4a)
January 27, 2008
New ownership. One plant ordered last summer was covered with bugs and survived. One plant ordered this fall was broken, but survived. Website improved greatly. Prices have increased. As for the person who was disturbed by the rescued Ariocarpus', the item's page described the plants as being rescued from a construction site where they would have been destroyed.
Positive Keyring
DC metro, VA (Zone 7b)
August 9, 2007
Just ordered some during their sale and very pleased with the plants. Business is under new ownership after the "old man" passed away.
Neutral gowron
Athens, GA
January 23, 2006
I have not purchased anything from this company, nor am I likely too. Here is why. Looking over their website, I noticed that they offer a number of old specimens that are described as "rescued". They do not deny that these plants have been collected form the wild, but they do not explain why the plants had to be "rescued". This sounds to me as wild-collected material, plain and simple. This is particularly disturbing as some of the large plants that they proudly display in their website are old Ariocarpus specimens (and endangered species, I believe).
Positive thistlesifter
Vista, CA
January 22, 2006
Very quick service. Accurate names.

Plants were in wonderful condition - ready to go with lots of growth energy.

Very carefully packed.

a good experience on the internet!

bob
:>)
Positive isee
Brentwood, TN (Zone 7b)
August 27, 2005
Met the "Old Man" at the Nashville flea market and was so excited by the diversity and pricing of their cactus and succulents. I will definitely be ordering online with them. I would encourage all to visit their excellent website.
Positive mmbrickner
Salt Lake City, UT
July 13, 2005
I recently ordered several cacti from this company and was astounded at how large and healthy the specimens were that i received. Everything was relatively inexpensive for the quality and they have a great selection. I am always so excited to get my plants after i order and I got my order in only a matter of days from OMC. Highly recommended. I will definately order from them again.
Positive Missyinbama
Wetumpka, AL (Zone 8a)
January 28, 2004
Great company!! I placed an order, and the plants were all great- I just had a question on one, and he responded quickly and politely. This is where to look for those beautiful cacti and succulents you've been missing. I love unusual plants; this is the place for me!
Positive epistaxis
January 11, 2004
I just received my second order from OMC. The first order had such beautiful and robust specimens that I thought they might be buttering me up for further orders. This second order is just as remarkably full and healthy so I'm guessing they must all be like butter. They were also well packed and out of stock items were subtracted from my bill rather than sticking me with a credit. They are great and I will certainly be ordering again.
Positive yschaffer
Shaker Heights, OH (Zone 5a)
November 22, 2003
I have ordered online twice from this company. I have also had a conversation with an individual from this organization. This is a very friendly, customer-service oriented company.

The quality of the cacti and succulents ordered is outstanding. Orders are processed and shipped quicker than I've ever experienced elsewhere. Pricing is very reasonable for the quality of the products they sell. I am very pleased with my experiences with this organization and will continue to do business with them.
Positive blaine_5
September 25, 2003
I was very happy with the service from Old Man Cactus. The shipping was quick and safe, the items were healthy and grew nicely. Would highly recommend.
Positive DakotaGal
May 21, 2003
This was my first order from Old Man Cactus.
I was very impressed with the cacti, they were all plump and healthy, shipping was very reasonable and prices were great! Fast shipping and I had an all around great experience with them! I plan to order again very soon!