The scoop on 'Sunscapes Rare Plant Nursery'

Sunscapes Rare Plant Nursery

330 Carlile Avenue
Pueblo, Colorado 81004 (United States)

Comments:

Positive joimack6953
Wheat Ridge, CO
July 2, 2013
I was in Pueblo for a few hours and thought I would stop by Sunscapes. Called and spoke with Bill who was not at the nursery at the moment but said he would meet me there. Amazing man, amazing plants, amazing amount of knowledge Bill has to share. He asked me about my garden, suggested some things that might work for me and told me about a few things on my list that probably wouldn't. I could have stayed for hours looking at all the different varieties. I will order from Sunscapes again and hope I am able to visit the nursery AND see Bill's garden the next time. Great experience!
Positive zanspi
Wappingers Falls, NY
February 15, 2009
Beautifully grown plants often unavailable elsewhere. I order every year and most of the plants make the adjustment to growing in a northeastern rock garden (with the combination of drought and humidity), in screes and sand beds. Thanks, Bill, for the great catalog and plants.
Positive sorensee
Riverton, UT
June 3, 2008
I ordered several plants from this nursery. They have a unique selection of plants that grow well in the Intermountain West. My plants were shipped on the date I selected and they were of good size. They are doing well in my garden. I will order from Sunscapes again.
Positive barbaralewis
Littleton, CO
January 25, 2006
I have bought plants from Sunscapes for five years. I have been unqualifiedly satisfied with my plants. They have grown well and were hardy from the get go. I appreciate the variety and choice of plants Bill Adams offers us. Sunscapes is tops on my list! Thanks Bill!
Barbara Lewis
near Denver CO
Neutral Rakkasan187
Pueblo, CO
August 17, 2005
The plants at sunscapes are not dry/heat hardy, being grown in a greenhouse. I live in the town that sunscapes are located. (Most of the seed are from Alplains a great seed company, and Denver botanical gardens.) Plants that grow indoors are weaker than plants that grow outdoors in the dry humidity, making them stronger. I purchased several plants only to have them die. Extreme drought tolerant penstemons that got partial shade during the hottest part of the day and the good watering even died. Every plant that was put in the yard was on the downward spiral from planting.
Positive LeafandStone
July 2, 2003
Bill is perhaps THE best grower of dryland western plants that I know. He has a wonderful collection of unusual native and non-native plants, many of which are unavailable elsewhere. Most plants are grown from seed either (legally) collected, from connoiseurs' seed exchanges, or directly from the plant explorers. He has tested these plants in his own rock and perennial gardens and supplies comments based on real experience. Superb quality and value, but not for beginners!