The scoop on 'Oriental Garden Supply'

Oriental Garden Supply

448 W. Bloomfield Rd
Pittsford, New York 14534 (United States)

Comments:

Positive als20
Irwin, PA
November 4, 2014
After having a very poor experience trying to get a 'Tsukasa Silhouette' from another vendor I ordered from Oriental Garden Supply. I ordered in early May 2014 and probably hit them at their busiest time. I had not received a shipping notice after about 3 weeks so I called to inquire. The person I spoke with on the phone was very friendly and stated that the tree was set to go out in the next day or two. I received the tree about a week later.

The tree was well packaged and healthy. It was larger and fuller than I would expect for the price. It has done well and added some decent size since I planted it.

Overall very happy with the purchase and company.
Positive directorrod
Rockton, IL
June 18, 2014
Posted on May 16, 2014, updated June 18, 2014
I received my first shipment of Japanese maples from Oriental Garden Supply this morning and was blown away by the size and quality of the trees I got for the prices I paid. The cultivars I purchased were Aka omote, Ed Woods, Koko, and Shira Red. All were substantial, nice calipered and well branched. Al has been most helpful and very communicative since the time I first contacted him this winter. Satisfaction is clearly his top priority. As a footnote, the shipping costs were very reasonable and packing was great. I will definitely be making future purchases from Oriental Garden Supply. I highly recommend this company.
On June 18th, 2014, directorrod added the following:

I'm always at least a little skeptical when I order from a nursery that I haven't a history of buying from in the past. My experience with Oriental Garden has been excellent. I have gotten several cultivars from the company over the course of the spring. All have been lovely and of a very nice size. Al Fieffer who runs the company has always been accessible and very responsive. The quality and value are first rate.
Positive ge1836
Pittsford, NY (Zone 6a)
June 16, 2013
Posted on August 18, 2008, updated June 16, 2013
Went to the nursery in April.
Bought Acer Jap Maple Spring Delight and numerous Astilbes and Rhodies.
They were delivered and planted after a bit of a delay.
They also installed a water feature.(took some time) but the wait is worth it.
They are very laid back and helpfull,with a Maple collection that boggles the mind.I am thrilled to have them so close to my home.
On June 16th, 2013, ge1836 added the following:

Just checked out their new website.
These people are great to work with.
Positive blettau
Fairport, NY
July 31, 2008
I was able to visit in June of '08 and purchased an orangeola japanese maple - good price and great quality. The knowledgeable staff mentioned that the tree was just balled and was not as lush as it should become after it has been planted in my yard the following year. Well, I planted in June of 08, and it has new growth already at the end of July '08. I am stoked! Stock is healthy and unique.
Positive richK
New York, NY
July 26, 2007
Amazing selection of Japanese Maples, very helpful staff - gave good feedback about appropriate JMs for my zone. Talked me out of purchasing something he felt was borderline.
I stopped by en route during a road trip -had to get one more on my way back! They are more set up for wholesale than retail or online sales -website is out of date and biz hours have changed, also there's no major signage leading to/ or at their place. but their website has clear directions, and decent info on their products. If you are passing through or live in the Rochester area, they're certainly worth the trip. The specimens are well priced and healthy and he gave me decent price on a small 2 gallon item that wasn't as huge as other 2 gallon items, [but i loved its specific shape/branching]
Positive MichaelLebowitz
Rochester, NY
July 1, 2007
I stop by Oriental Garden supply on a regular basis.The staff is very knowledgeable ,the selection and quality is incredible.They are always getting new and different species.Over 150 differant varieties of Japanese maples.They stock species of all sizes so that you can always find plantings that are within your budget.
Positive allanmkaplan
Rochester, NY
December 26, 2006
I live in Rochester NY and have visited Oriental Garden Supply many times. The staff seems very knowledgable, and the nursery stock looks great. I have only made one purchase, fargesia rufa, and liked both the price and quality. They recently expanded, and I wish them luck.