The scoop on 'Great Basin Natives'

Great Basin Natives

Holden, Utah 84636 (United States)

Visit Great Basin Natives at:

This company offers a variety of plants and seeds.

Comments:

Positive rosesgalore
Delta, UT (Zone 5b)
June 2, 2006
Drove to their nursery - it is tucked away down a sidestreet, but is huge once you get inside. Incredible selection of plants, trees and shrubs. Extremely reasonable prices, very knowledgeable staff. Fully loaded up the trunk and back seat of my car with lots of mature shrubs and plants for $75.00. Looked through the 2 full greenhouses they have dedicated to internet business, filled with beautiful stock.

Highly recommend!
Positive nevadagdn
Sparks, NV (Zone 7a)
June 7, 2004
I didn't order directly from Great Basin Natives, but I ended up with some of their plants. No, I didn't go to the nursery, or obtain something that "fell off a truck". A coworker of mine ordered 10 Salvia dorrii, and in a fit of guilt asked me to plant one in my garden so that she'd know that at least one had a chance of surviving. The plant was small but healthy. At a local plant sale, I purchased 5 more "tubelings", also indicated as from Great Basin Natives. They were also small but healthy. The only thing I don't know is the quality of their customer service, but it can't be too horrible.
Positive conschmi
January 17, 2004
Wow, a neighbor brought home an unusual native mahagony tree that I had never seen. She told me she drives to this nursery in this town of maybe a hundred people (Holden Utah) to get her plants each year. The following weekend I made the drive to this nursery. The nursery is huge, trees, perennials, shrubs, everything I have never found in any gardening magazine or other nursery. One of the elderly men tending the gardens, his son is the owner and was on a native seed collecting trip, spent hours helping me select plants and trees that would grow in my area. Every plant did well, to well in fact. In fall, I dug up plants gave neighbors starts and plants that were to crowded. I drove back up to Great Basin and bought a whole bunch more native plants, that need little water or care and started a whole new garden. I can't wait to see it in spring. The owner tells me they ship everywhere and sell to other nurseries. They have a catalog, descriptions only, but better than any picture you will ever see.