The scoop on 'AgroHaitai Ltd.'

AgroHaitai Ltd.

Lynden, Ontario L0R 1T0 (Canada)

This company offers a variety of seeds.

Comments:

Positive srvadt
Smyrna, GA
September 15, 2012
I ordered garlic chives from AgroHaitai in October 2011 so my chinese wife would have her special ingredient for her pork dumplings. They came in a short amount of time. I also found Burpee seeds, both "organic" and regular garlic chive seeds, at my local Lowe's. So I decided to test them all. I sowed some directly on the ground, and most in potted plants. Then in late February 2012 I planted the potted plants in the ground and sowed the rest of my leftover seeds from Argo Haitai (they provide plenty at a low price) directly into the ground. Well, pretty much everything grew. But in order: AgroHaitai was clearly the best, followed by Burpee organic, and Burpee regular was by far the worst of the three. It is now September and they are flowering like mad and there are tons of full sized chives ready to be harvested.
Positive bbetv
North Glengarry , ON (Zone 5a)
January 17, 2012
Though I cannot comment as to customer service or germination at this time, I am more than satisfied with the HUGE size of packs this company sends, the very inexpensive prices of said packs, the speed/cost of delivery and the quality of packaging. They also included 3 free samples (of course I all but purchased their entire selection...), but still, they do not have to do that, I appreciated it.
Positive wantrealfood
(Zone 6a)
April 14, 2011
I found this company by searching for fuzzy gourds and was very pleased with the geat assortment of Asian vegetable seeds offered. I ordered several items and they arrived very quickly, nicely packaged and they included some free seeds, too. I am very happy with this company and will recommend them to my friends.
Positive max_power
KW
Canada
January 20, 2009
Last year we found this company by searching for Chinese toon trees. I was surprised that the company is not far from us, so I went there to buy on site. It was a great experience.

The people there are very friendly and helpful. I rented a small piece of farm here, to grow my own vegetables. They provided a lot of good advice, along with their recommendations on the selection of varieties and knowledge on growing those vegetables.

Last year we had in the field over 20 kinds of Chinese vegetables: Leafe raddish, Daekon Raddish, Corriander, Chinese celery, green onion, Zucchini (all kinds), Lufa, bitter squash, egg plant, garlic chive, mustard greens, pak choy, cuccumber, pole beans, sweet pepper, chili, pumpkins, hycinth beans, celtuce, tomatoes, Chinese cabbage, green raddish, and many others. Most of them are very successful, thanks to their advice and the cooperating weather last year. The rest were mostly eaten by insects, as we were not very keen on pesticide.

As a matter of fact, we still have some of the vegetables harvest from the field, such as mature zucchini from summer and Chinese cabbages from early October. They taste much better than any store-bought vegetables.
Positive kwn_univcolorad
New Berlin, WI
August 17, 2008
I ordered a couple of types of Bok Choy seeds from AgraHaitai in March 2004. The two types I ordered were : VG 009 Shanghai Green Pak Choy and VG 0004 Luxiu Pak Choy.

The seeds arrived promptly. I planted them with very good results. The plants the seeds produce are very good for salad, stir fry, and presumably everything else Bok Choy is used for. Last week (in August 2008) my wife planted two rows of Bok Choy, using seeds from that same order in March 2004, and they are already up and growing. The germination rate is still very high now, just as it was 4 years ago. This is a good company that seems to sell very good seed products.
Positive momol
heverlee
Belgium
January 22, 2007
We ordered some seeds from Agro Hai Tai some weeks ago, seed arrives very fast, it was nicely pack in protected pack ,very good service.
Positive mostarrysky
toronto
Canada
July 3, 2005
Wonderful selection of Chinese vegetables, some hard to find elsewhere, especially Chinese toon! Very good germination. Timely shipping. Highly recommended!
Positive kc55112
June 10, 2004
Great selection of Asian vegetable seeds. Quick shipment and good germination. Highly recommend.
Positive pitnip
North Charleston, SC (Zone 8b)
April 15, 2004
Very pleased. They were courteous and prompt in handling the order and shipping the seeds, which were packed in a bubble envelope. Germination has been excellent. Glad to have done business with them!