The scoop on 'Bayberry Row Daylilies & Hosta'

Bayberry Row Daylilies & Hosta

10221 Old Stage Rd.
Prince George, Virginia 23875 (United States)

Comments:

Positive roscoeboscoe
Hobart, IN
June 30, 2005
I placed a large order for May 2005 delivery and was pleased with my daylilies. A few were somewhat small, but extra fans were included along with several bonus daylilies. The balance of the order were very large two, occasionally three fans. I don't remember if the roots were kept moist in plastic bags as I ordered from several different nurseries at the same time. I just received my second order from Bayberry Row today and received very large two fan plants along with a bonus daylily. The order was shipped dry but I don't believe this will be a problem. I have them soaking and believe they will do just fine as I let some other daylilies dry out and they responded beautifully after soaking and planting.
On June 30th, 2005, roscoeboscoe added the following:

I forgot to mention that my first order included several hostas. They were well packed and marked and arrived moist and in great condition. Although their products are not huge they are good sized and very healthy. Susan is a joy to do business with and will go the extra mile to satisfy a customer. Bayberry's prices are extraordinary. I would not have been able to plant nearly as much had I not followed the recommendations of this site and ordered from them. Will order from them again and again and again.
Positive gemini_sage
Winchester, KY (Zone 6a)
May 17, 2005
I recieved 26 daylilies from Bayberry Row a couple of weeks ago, and for the most part am very pleased. A couple of varieties were on the small side, but extra fans were included. I was a little concerned that the fans were in the box dry, but now that they've been in the ground for a couple of weeks they all are greening up and starting to grow. The price was unbeatable and correspondance has been friendly and speedy. I will definitely order from them again.
Neutral sybiltwo
Excelsior, MN (Zone 4a)
May 13, 2005
I was disappointed in my order. Some of the daylilies I received were actually tiny pieces of plant rather than the double fans that were promised. Though, ultimately, I received a refund, to my way of thinking, it should never have happened in the first place. Susan Compton's willingness to send me a refund is why I am giving them a neutral rating, rather than a negative one.
Positive lilygalore
Hopewell, VA
May 12, 2005
I ordered lilies and hosta from this company to be sent to my daughter in Mena,Arkansas and she was really pleased with her plants.So I will be ordering again.Would like to visit there,can't . Lily Galore
Positive CBH
Beckley, WV
May 6, 2005
I received my order today and am very pleased. All were double fans, well-labeled and obviously healthy. I have no doubt they will all thrive. Yes, a few of the plants were small, but the prices were excellent. Shop and compare. Susan was very helpful when I called with questions about my order a few days before shipping. She sent me a bonus, too, and it was a nice choice. I would order again, especially if you are building a collection on a budget!
Positive ldieffen
Avis, PA (Zone 6a)
April 29, 2005
Received my order today. This was an order placed last fall during a sale. One cultivar did not arrive, the enclosed statement said sold out. The remaining 10 cultivars were on the smallish side and although tagged arrived in a heap in the shipping box. There was nothing in with them to keep them moist. I have them soaking now. No bonus was included nor a substitution for the missing cultivar. The daylilies were inexpensive and I guess I got what I paid for. Never again.
On May 5th, 2005, ldieffen changed the rating from neutral to positive and added the following:

I'm changing my rating from neutral to positive. I recieved a very nice email from Susan inquiring about my dissapointment with the order. We had a very nice conversation back and forth and she explained what had happened on her end. Now that I'm cooled down, and realize that most of the problem was Mother Nature's fault (they had the same horrible winter that we did) I feel that Bayberry Row deserves a second chance. Anyone that would go the extra mile that Susan has to ensure her customers' satisfaction earns a stamp of approval from me.
Positive alteredstate
Hades, SC (Zone 8b)
April 15, 2005
I received my daylily order today. The plants are big and fresh, and the order included two freebies! I'll definitely order from Bayberry Row again.
Positive mikencarol
Woodstown, NJ (Zone 7a)
May 21, 2004
Great size hostas, large double fans of daylillies. very nicely packed. we are very happy!
Positive scootersbear
May 21, 2004
Excellent!!! great sized hostas
Negative celyvabeach
Virginia Beach, VA
May 15, 2004
I had an unsatisfactory experience with
this company. First they did not notify
me when shipment was delayed. I emailed
otherwise I did not know. Next,when I
received notification about my hosta
order,they kept referring about daylily
order.When I received my shipment 3
weeks after requested date,3 out of 7
hostas did not look too well actually
wilted because they were small and root
system looked weak. Two eventually died
within 2 weeks.
When I emailed company about this,they
pointed out that in order to get a
credit I have to return dead plants
first.They have to be kidding! Like I
have all the time in the world to spend
packaging dead plants and spending more
money to get reimbursed a few dollars.
What a deal!
So everyone out there,beware about this
outfit. Their guarantee is practically
none,unless you enjoy returning dead
plants. There are better hosta companies
that send better plants with no-hassle
policies.

Positive daylilyfever
May 7, 2004
I received my order from bayberry row. I purchased 14 daylilys from the march madness sale. All had nice large root systems all double fans. Very well packed and labled. My discount was given. I'm very pleased. Will definately order from them again. Shipped when they where supposed.
A+ Emails where answered the same day!
Positive keithrnjd
May 7, 2004
Got my order of hostas today. I bought a total of 19 plants. All arrived healthy, fat, green, and with great root systems. Packing was well done, too. I will buy again!
Positive daylily970
Coshocton, OH (Zone 6a)
April 29, 2004
i received my daylilies today. they nice large fans, the fans were green with fat roots. bayberry row email me and let me know that they were delaying shipping because of cold weather. i still received them when they promise. would highly recommend.
Positive Gootzie
Dover, TN
April 29, 2004
This is a good company to deal with. They seem very conscientious, notifying me of a postphonement of shipment due to cold weather. I ordered both hostas and daylilies, and both had really nice, big rooting systems and very healthy. They even threw in a bonus lily free. Plants arrived the day after email notification of being sent. Beautiful plants! You won't go wrong here.
Positive sundry
Franklin, LA (Zone 9a)
April 28, 2004
I found this company via a posting on DG about their March Madness sale. I ordered a few daylilies, which I received last week.

Before I ordered, I emailed for clarification about the pricing, and received a timely response. Ordering was simple, and I immediately knew when to expect my daylilies. Even better, when shipping was delayed due to weather, they emailed me to let me know. Plus, I was not charged anything until my order shipped. The invoice that accompanied my order was another plus, very professional - I appreciate that.

The daylilies themselves were quite yellowed, I presume due to the hold up in shipping. Nevertheless, they've greened up quickly. In spite of they yellowed foliage, they are all big fat fans with huge strong roots. I believe I will enjoy this purchase for years to come.

I'll certainly buy from Bayberry Row again.

Cheri'
Positive Cheryl_IL
(Zone 5b)
April 25, 2004
I ordered during their spring sale. Ordering was easy, and they gave me an idea of when they would begin filling orders and where my order stood. I got e-mail confirmation right away, another e-mail when the weather delayed digging, and then another when the plants were on the way. That was very nice.

The plants were packed just right. The hosta look great and the daylilies they sent are incredible. Big, thick fans with big fat roots. I'll have to plant them far apart just because of the roots!
Positive ivory
Mooresville, NC (Zone 7a)
April 23, 2004
I placed an order with Bayberry during their March Madness sale (50% off) on the strength of comments I read in the Daylilies forum. I ordered 12 Acapulco Nights daylilies and received them yesterday, very nicely boxed and carefully packed. My invoice was marked correctly with the price reduction - a total of $48.00 including shipping.

These daylilies are terrific. Each one is a double fan, and they had very well-developed root systems - plump, gorgeous roots!

In addition, I got timely correspondence by email from the company, advising me of a shipping delay due to bad weather, and following up later when they did ship.

Terrific experience. Highly recommend. I will definitely be ordering from Bayberry Row again.