The scoop on 'Budd Gardens'

Budd Gardens

2832 Innes Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1B 4K4 (Canada)

Paper Catalog Cost: #3

Visit Budd Gardens at:

Comments:

Positive grenouille
(Zone 5a)
June 18, 2013
Posted on June 18, 2013, updated June 18, 2013
Posted on June 8, 2012, updated June 18, 2013
Hostas and Heuchera were all large and healthy and in great condition. I am really happy with the order. Great prices, great size. Can't go wrong.

Très belle expérience avec ce fournisseur, Les plants de Hosta et Heurchere étaient gros et en pleine santée. Très bon service.

On June 18th, 2013, grenouille added the following:

On June 18th, 2013, grenouille added the following:

June 2013
Nice big healthy plants. Many nice plants that you might not find everywhere.
Positive ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON (Zone 5a)
June 27, 2005
My experiences are as a personal shopper. They are close by so I've not needed to mail-order. Their selection of hostas is vast and they are in excellent condition. I have 35 varieties now and have never had one which failed to thrive. However, they mail-order mostly to satisfy demand rather than as the mainstay of their business; so the advice to shop in person if possible is probably good advice.
Neutral Cornwall
March 30, 2004
I have a mixed review of Budd Gardens. To shop in person is pleasant as they have quite a large selection of hostas to choose from. However I have dealt with them using their mailorder as well and was rather disappointed with the size of the plants recieved...some actually being 'plugs' from tissue culture. When I purchase a tissue cultured plant I want to be made aware ahead of time if they are indeed selling me a t.c plant. If that is the case the price should reflect that. 9 times out of 10 I do not wish to purchase a tissue culture plug that just came from the lab, unless I see it first hand. Not to mention how much more care a tissue cultered plug needs in the mean time. The majority of nurseries will indicate in their catalogues the age of the plant being sold or if it is a 1st or 2nd year tissue culture (t.c). Those who don't I find to mislead their customers. So when I do plan to purchase from Budd Gardens I make a point of going there in person so I can judge for myself if I'm getting my monies worth by seeing the plant firsthand.
So I guess what I'm saying here is to perhaps ask the person when calling in a mailorder exactly what your getting and also for Budd Gardens to start indicating in their catalogues (like most others do)what we as customers should be expecting to get from you as far as age of plant.