The scoop on 'Fungi Perfecti, LLC'

Fungi Perfecti, LLC

Olympia, Washington 98507 (United States)

Phone: 1-800-780-926
Fax: 1-360-426-9377

Catalog Order Page: Hyperlink
Paper Catalog Cost: Free (brochure)

This company offers a variety of gardening supplies.

Comments:

Negative MrTommm
Fitzwilliam, NH
May 27, 2014
I ordered 1000 of each mushroom plug and then asked what the shelf life is of them, which I was told is only 6 months.
Of _course_ I could not use 1000 plugs in that timeframe. My mistake.

However, when I asked what the return policy was on plugs, I was told they are NOT returnable.

Yes, that info is at the bottom of another page on their web site but that should be indicated on the purchase page for the plugs.

I am VERY unhappy with Fungi Perfect.
Neutral jamiew
Montgomery, AL
December 12, 2010
I just received a nice locking log of shaggy mane, coprinus comatus, mycelium. There is a 1 page instruction sheet on how to inoculate your compost bed. I can't find information as to what optimal temperature is necessary before inoculation. I don't want to possibly kill it all if I do this now, in December. I'm waiting for a reply to an email. I'd like more information for a complete newbie like me.
Positive Stu77047
Houston, TX
September 16, 2009
It is a pleasure to order from Fungi Perfecti. They are friendly and fast. I will use them again in the future. I highly recommend.
Positive DarkEarth
Hillsboro, OR
July 16, 2009
I've place 3 orders from Fungi Perfecti in the past 6 months - as their mushroom plug spawn and kits get incorporated into an edible landscaping project.
Every order has arrived in good condition, and for backordered items an email notification and ETA were sent. The items arrived just ahead of the ETA.
This most recent time, the order was shipped the very next day, the box so snugly packed that it reminded me of a tetris puzzle. The plug spawn is quietly incubating in logs, so it'll be a while before I can update on those results.
I've learned that with the kits, it's a trick of finding the environment where the mycelium is happy. As soon as you manage to do that, mushrooms practically explode out of it. I couldn't seem to get the Enotake kit to fruit indoors, but out in the Oregon rain it produced all spring.
Positive Ranval
Paducah, KY
March 17, 2009
Turnaround time was as promised, and everything was delivered in generous quantities (packs of 100 inoculation dowels all contained between 110-120 dowels). The spawn I received is vigorous, and prices were excellent (if not unbeatable on a hobbiest scale). The company is run by Paul Stamets, who literally wrote the book on mushroom cultivation. I expected quality when I ordered from FP, and it was delivered.
Positive stephaniadawn
Agra, OK
June 21, 2007
i havent ordered from them in a few years. but when last i ordered all was exlent. plan on ordering again.
Positive chickenman
Somerset, PA
June 7, 2006
I ordered plug spawn from Fungi Perfecti. Shipping was fast, and ordering on-line was a painless procedure. Can't wait to eat some mushrooms next spring!
Positive Revnrose
Clinton, NY (Zone 5a)
February 25, 2006
I have ordered a few times from FungiPerfecti over the past three years. I am always extremely pleased with what arrives. The culture kits are in excellent shape and fruit reliably, often well past their expected lifespan. The wealth of excellent reading and research materials has been enormously helpful, as well as providing hours of pleasurable reading. I have ordered clothing from them, as well, which is always sturdy, nicely designed, and comfortable.
Positive biscuit
Welling, OK
November 15, 2004
Excellent! I've wanted to try my hand at growing mushrooms for a long time, but had heard mixed reports about various places. I finally decided to try Fungi Perfecti after reading the reviews here and looking over their website (which is itself absolutely excellent).

I ordered two kits --- oyster and reishi --- kits arrived in perfect condition, nice sized and I anticipate good crops. My only beef would be clarifying exactly how to cut the packages and marking the kind of mushrooms directly on the kits --- this caused me some problems, as I pulled out the informational leaflets and spent a day or so looking them over before realizing the kits themselves weren't marked with exactly what mushroom they were! But this is a small gripe about an otherwise excellent company. I do plan to order again from them - all in all, very impressive!
Positive ohgrowup
January 30, 2004
Ordered a kit as a gift. Transaction was smooth, shipping was prompt, and I hear the shrooms are doing well.
Positive klz001
Columbia, SC
January 15, 2004
I've sent their Shitake mushroom kits as gifts to people several times, and everyone has been very pleased with them.
Positive jimbeck
April 1, 2002
I ordered 300 shiitake plugs from Fungi Perfecti three years ago. I inoculated 15 fairly fresh oak logs, and placed the logs in a cool shady spot where they get only about an hour of sunshine, filtered by trees, per day. Last year, I got a good crop of shiitake and I'm seeing a few new ones already this year.
Positive Horseshoe
Efland, NC (Zone 7a)
January 5, 2002
I ordered some spawn from these folks several yrs ago. I'm STILL elated! My "chicken of the woods" mushrooms are still going strong!
This business not only sells a good product but includes plenty of information to get you started on growing various kinds of mushrooms. If you've ever wanted to grow/eat your own 'shrooms this is the place to contact! Not only do they offer good spawn but also good info, good products to grow with, kits, etc.
One of the best mushroom companies I've dealt with (possibly due to the fact that they encourage organic growing as well as encouraging people to be good stewards of our planet).
Positive janicebailey
February 1, 2001
I have ordered from them twice over the past two years and have been pleased with their service, they were prompt and even were faster on one because it was a holiday gift and they made it in time. I did receive a damaged poster and they replaced it with no problems.
Positive scottharris
February 1, 1999
I ordered 1800 spawn plugs from Fungi Perfecti 2 years ago and received my order promptly. United Parcel Service left the shipment hanging on my roadside mailbox in a plastic bag in the hot sun. Needless to say the plugs cooked. I notified Fungi Perfecti of this event, they immediately shipped another order that day, no charge. Excellent service, good people and a colorful informative catalog. I highly recommend them.