The scoop on 'Jungle Seeds & Gardens'

Jungle Seeds & Gardens

P.O. Box 45,
Watlington SPDO, Oxon, OX49 5YR
(United Kingdom)

Phone: 01491 614765
Fax: 01491 614765

This company is affiliated with Jungle Gardens

Company Comment, posted on April 24, 2010:
Both negatives on this site about our company are unreasonable. We take a very professional approach to our business. The crushed seeds were not crushed just the pelleted covering and the seed content would have germinated. The customer would not listen and within her rights raised a complaint in paypal to get her approx money of 2 back before we were given the opportunity to correct the problem.

Mistakes happen and the other customer had free seeds sent as a replacement. . Out of the millions of seeds sent and satisfied customers these comments in Daves Garden do not represent our real valued service and respected name.

Comments:

Positive vitrsna
Colima
Mexico (Zone 11)
June 3, 2014
Posted on May 7, 2014, updated June 3, 2014
I recently received my first order from Jungle Seeds & Gardens in UK. My experience has been a very positive one and i look forward to ordering from them again. I ordered the seeds in April (a very busy time), received an answer to a question i had next day. The order was shipped next day and received in good time. The seeds were exceptionally well packaged for international shipping. Also the website offers a quick and easy ordering format. I am delighted with the results and look forward to getting the seeds started per the instructions provided.
On June 3rd, 2014, vitrsna added the following:

I would like to add to my comments of May 7th, that i have received excellent germination results for the Cestrum nocturnum that i ordered, in fact of the 7 that i have planted so far, i have 7 seedlings. You can't really ask for more than 100%. As with many seeds, not all germinated at the same time. The first germinated after one week, the remainder germinated over a period of 2 weeks total. Very nice.
Negative emilouhughes
portsmouth
United Kingdom
February 12, 2010
This company have no idea what customer service is and are frankly rude. After my last purchase of what I thought were Judas tree plants grew into a tray full of Impatiens I emailed to complain and got the reply 'SOMEONE MUST BE PLAYING TRICKS ON YOU...WHAT A MYSTERY' Thanks alot thats very helpful. Unless you know exactly what the seeds you want to buy should look like then don't bother is my advice.They seem to send out whatever they can get away with.
Negative Reviewer
Bristol
United Kingdom
October 26, 2009
Last week I ordered from Jungle Seeds for the first time. Minimum order value is 10 so to get the packet of seeds I was looking for I also ordered 6 other packs. When they arrived the seeds I placed the whole order for were crushed so I phoned the company. I was told the lady I needed to speak to wasn't available so they took my number to call me back and said this would happen in the next few minutes. Over an hour later I phoned again. I was told that no-one phoned back because I left a mobile number and it's company policy not to phone mobiles. This wasn't mentioned when I left the number. This made me feel quite angry as it's no way to treat a customer.

To make matters worse they won't replace my seeds as apparently they left them in fine condition and Royal Mail must have crushed them - they suggested they might think of a better way to package them so it doesn't happen again. They tell me I can still plant them as the seeds should be intact but the fact is that I am left with a packet of fine dust due to them not having packaged the product properly - this is hard to work with and if it was made clear on their website that this is what I would receive I never would have placed an order in the first place. The man I spoke to was very rude and abrupt. Quite frankly if this is how they treat their customers I'm surprised they are in business and I certainly wouldn't ever recommend anyone to buy from Jungle Seeds.
Positive banananut
Eureka, CA (Zone 9b)
May 19, 2007
Ordered quite a few Musa seeds from them, with good results. I would definatly order again, if not for seeds, just to get their awesome color catalog. His tips on growing cold hardy bananas has more information than is in any of the books on the bananas I have found, not to mention some cool pictures. And his tips and pictures on growing hardy gingers and Hedychium are REALLY good.
I just wish they would ship plants to the US.
Positive basilio
Athens
Greece (Zone 9b)
March 15, 2007
I ordered a number of seeds (palms & tropicals) and they arrived within a week!!! Each pack of seeds came with specific instructions on the species' germination needs and I even received a nice gift : an already germinated seed of licuala grandis, a beautiful palm. They also sent me a complete book/catalogue with all their seeds (very helpful, much better than clicking hundreds of times on plants' pages) and fairly detailed descriptions of their needs & culture. Good prices, great catalogue and excellent service. I'll definitely buy from them again and I recommend this company to all gardeners. If my germination results prove to be good, I'll add some more words of praise.