The scoop on 'Ho-Ti Nursery'

Ho-Ti Nursery

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii 96745 (United States)

Fax: 1-808-325-2836

Company Comment, posted on March 11, 2003:
We specialize in tropical anthuriums and Hawaiian bananas. See our website for quantitiy discount prices.

Comments:

Positive Liila
Lantana, FL (Zone 10a)
April 4, 2005
I'm giving Ho Ti a positive because Jill is great with communication and staying in touch. I ordered some salvia divinorum, cuttings from another plant and an orchid special (which they were out of, unfortunately) The 3 salvia plants were well packed and moist upon arrival. Care had been taken to ensure viability of the cuttings, too. I was sorry about the orchid but we worked out a substitution and everything arrived as promised. True, shipping might be expensive, but one can shop with confidence. I recommend them for unusuals. I'll buy from Jill again.
Positive AlbanyGa
August 14, 2003
I ordered three banana plants, a Dwarf Apple, Dwarf Chinese, and Dwarf Williams.

I think what they call a Dwarf Williams is really just a standard Williams, but since they do not get very tall, they just added the word Dwarf. I didn't mind, because I wanted a Williams anyway.

What they call a Dwarf Apple could be a FHIA-01 or FHIA-18. Once again, I have been wanting to add one of these to my collection anyway.

They came in well packed, not only were the roots packed in moist soil wrapped with plastic, but they even encased each plant with brown paper cone to protect the leaves.

I am of the opinion that these are actually tissue cultures. I generally do not like to buy TC's because they are rather frail. However, these had good roots and the leaves appeared to be full. I have just been keeping them in mostly shady conditions until they adjust.

Surprisingly, they did not go through the banana wilt that all of my other shipped banana plants have gone through. As soon as I planted them they began sprouting new leaves, with no signs of stress from their travels.

Shipping costs are going to be a shock, but they are coming from Hawaii. The price I paid for the plants plus shipping was pretty close to what I would have paid for similar plants here in the states. I am very pleased with the speed of their arrival and how they were packed.

Overall I am very pleased.